Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What book are you reading?

Fridge

Count of Monte Cristo.

It's a big book but I'm a fast reader, so it shouldn't take me very long anyways.

heh, that one took me the better part of a year, because the library would only let me renew it twice, and then i had to wait for them to re-shelve it before I got it again.

really amazing book.

the fact that it was so long meant that I got almost to the end before I realized how much he'd evolved from anger to forgiveness.  

I thought it was going to be an epic revenge saga, and was both surprised and thrilled by how it turned out.  

I haven't even finished Insomnia yet, but I still went and accidentally bought a new book to read. The book is called The Light Between Us by Laura Lynne Jackson. It has really helped me to calm down about my fear of death.

Last I've finished reading was the Fiendship is Magic compilation. I've moved to the first Pennyroyal Academy afterwards. I'm currently at chapter 7, but I've been stuck since I've been playing videogames and stuff 

I don't read much, but due to my recent love of the Sherlock Holmes' movies with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude law, I started reading A Study in Scarlet about a week ago. I love it so far.

• Brohoof 1

Currently picking away at Secondhand Time: The Last of the Soviets by Svetlana Alexievich. It deserved its Nobel Prize. 

secondhand-time.jpeg

I've been rereading a lot of old favorites lately. Yesterday I finished up "King David's Spaceship". It's a very exciting tale of intrigue war, and space travel from the point of view of a planet that had no knowledge of space travel until the imperial star ships showed up. Now I'm reading "A Barnstormer in Oz: A Rationalization and Extrapolation of the Split-Level Continuum" (That's the official full title) (1982) by Philip José Farmer. This is one of my all time favorite books. The premise is that the land of Oz is actually a parallel world to Earth. Dorothy's son Hank accidentally flies through a gap with his world war one plane and ends up in Oz.

Yes, Hank is...Dorothy's son!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently re-reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, my favourite childhood book. Afterwards I'll probably read the sequel Through the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There.

Edited by Holiday

I'm reading though "The war Illustrated" volumes II and III right now.  It is a collection of news magazines by the same name put into a hard cover book.  Volumes II and III cover all of 1940 from the British perspective.  It is really cool to see what people thought at the time since the papers came out every week so there are all kinds of crazy speculations on what could happen later in the war.  One article was talking about the possibility of Russia invading India or Germany invading Switzerland.

• 3 weeks later...