Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Anti-Mane Six?

BaBaBrony

I've been wondering if the show runners were going to do something like this and, since last week, it looks like they could.

I think there might be an anti-Mane Six made up of the rivals of our Mane Six. We've already got Trixie, but now we've also got Lightning Dust. All we need is 4 more aggrieved ponies who take issue with Sixer morality and we've got a showdown.

• Brohoof 13

I just stick with the background six. You know the whole Octavia, Vinyl, Lyra. Bon Bon, Derpy and the Doctor. But I must admit I have never considered an anti-mane six. Sounds a bit interesting.

• Brohoof 1

I've often thought about this. I think the smaller enemies such as Flim and Flam and Iron Will would be included in that group. I could just imagine the minor antagonists being part of the ant-6

Well this looked a lot more plausible before Trixie's redemption, but they could still do it. The problem is that Dash has two counterparts in Gilda and Lightning Dust, but for everyone else you kind of have to stretch a bit. You could do the Flim Flam brothers for Applejack, and Blueblood for Rarity, but they aren't exactly threats. Discord could work for Pinkie Pie but he's so dangerous he would overshadow any other members of the team.

I think they could do it, but they'll have to introduce some new characters first. For now what I want is for Lightning Dust and Gilda to form a League of Evil and for Dash to put on a Mare Do Well costume and smack them down :)

I think its an interesting concept that could indeed be introduced, I think its actually been looked at before in a different way by others. Except instead of Anti mane six it was like the anti element of harmony or something.

And it included most of the antagonists, but there's still antagonists missing for alot of the mane 6 that match the whole anti theme anyways.

Its a cool concept though, and I wouldn't mind seeing it.

However I'm not sure if Trixie after her most recent episode is going to suddenly become super evil bent on revenge again. I could maybe see lightning dust doing something like that, but to be honest idk if we'll be seeing her really again in the near future ever. She doesn't seem like someone whos going to show up again in the series..

Then again.. Trixie did come back, so I guess anythings possible(Of course Trixie has a far larger fanbase then lightning dust does so its still highly unlikely.)

• Brohoof 1

Mane 6         |      Mean 6

|

Twilight       |     Trixie

Dash           |     Lightning Dust

Rairity        |     Diamond Tiara

AppleJack      |     Flim Flam brothers

Fluttershy     |     Iron Will

Pinky          |     Evil Pinky (clone)

I don't know about diamond tiara... It seems kind of unfair to have a filly as an evil counterpart. Maybe switch her out with her father (Filthy Rich). His name even makes him a natural villain. He just needs more character development.

Edited by Cowl
  • Brohoof 2

I'm seeing all this about Trixie and Gilda and Lighting Dust. Wouldn't it just make more sense [and be cooler] if the anti-mane 6 were actually evil versions of the mane six rather than minor villains who aren't really all that evil? Think about it, Discord could come back and instead of "discording" the mane 6 he created clones of them using all of their negative traits. Basically they would more or less be fighting their discorded selfs but eviler and with more character. Or maybe they could be from an alternate dimension where everything is opposite. So instead of the Elements of Harmony we have the Elements of Chaos or something.

• Brohoof 2

|

I don't know about diamond tiara... It seems kind of unfair to have a filly as an evil counterpart. Maybe switch her out with her father (Filthy Rich). His name even makes him a natural villain. He just needs more character development.

I think that could work except maybe instead of an evil pinky clone it could be one lonely changeling. but that's just my idea

• Brohoof 1

I've been wondering if the show runners were going to do something like this and, since last week, it looks like they could.

I think there might be an anti-Mane Six made up of the rivals of our Mane Six. We've already got Trixie, but now we've also got Lightning Dust. All we need is 4 more aggrieved ponies who take issue with Sixer morality and we've got a showdown.

Trixie isn't bad anymore, and I doubt Lightning took it too personally, she's probably not even evil.

I'd prefer if they started off with new villains, or made evil clones of the Mane Six :P

Edited by Berryzoid!

I'd prefer if they started off with new villains, or made evil clones of the Mane Six :P

Same here, new villains don't sound half bad. It would probably make a good 2-4 part episode. That would be epic.

I really like the ideas some people are coming up with here, sounds good to me.

Let's see what the creators would do if we showed them these ideas. :P

Edited by Double D

I think that could work except maybe instead of an evil pinky clone it could be one lonely changeling. but that's just my idea

That does make more sense. It would have a more opposing personality, wich is the point of having the anti group in the first place.

|

The problem with using Filthy Rich is that, during his brief appearance on the show, he actually seemed pretty nice. At the very least, he was polite and not particularly mean.

I think the lead Diamond Dog would be a far better anti-Rarity. They're very greedy.

Lightning Dust and Trixie aren't bad, really. Are any ponies in the show truly evil/malevolent? Lightning and Trixie both sucked it up and apologized, usually that means you at least make an effort not to do whatever you apologized for again.

It would be cool if maybe a group of six Changelings formed their own fake ponysonas. I'd be down for that.

Twilight Sparkle: Element of Harmony/Magic - Trixie: Element of Disharmony/Fake Magic??

Rarity: Element of Generosity- Diamond Dog: Element of Greed

Rainbow Dash: Element of Loyalty - Lightning Dust: Element of Disloyalty???

Pinkie Pie: Element of Laughter - Clone:  Element of Somber

Applejack: Element of Honesty -  Flim Flam brothers: Element of Good sales-pitching Deceit.

Fluttershy: Element of Kindness - Either Flutter***** or Iron Will can't decide: Element of Mean

It's an idea, but the only problem is that can the writers come up with 4 others for them to fight. Mostly due to the fact that most of them aren't in an area where one can match skills or hold ill will if they lost. Like Twilight and Trixie are magic and Rainbow Dash Lightning Dust, and Gilda are flyers. 

Pinkie Pie would be the hard one, because she can make friends with anyone. Also I don't think baking would bring out the worst in someone if they lost.

Iron Will I think does not hold anything against Fluttershy. So he can't be a villain.

I don't consider the Flim Flam Brothers to be evil. They would only do it for money.

Like Pinkie Pie, Rarity is in a field where there is no being better than someone.

So it could work, but I don't see it happening tell they all face someone like that.

• Brohoof 1

In my opinion, none of the villains cited are actually "evil" per see. The Diamond Dogs and the Flim-Flam Brothers might be bad, but not evil.

I believe that, if there was a Anti-Mane 6, it should not be composed of the characters opposites (as it was with their Discorded personalities), but rather, with their Shadow Archetypes. To Fluttershy, somepony who's just as bad as she got after learning a little from Iron Will (the shadow of assertiveness [to rule oneself, and not allow oneself to be ruled] is to be a tyrant). To Twilight, somepony who's just as good with magic as her, as obsessed with learning as her, but who considers friendship a weakness, like o so many cliche "Evil Cannot Comprehend Good" villains. To Rainbow Dash, somepony like Lighting Dust, but worse, somepony who has serious ambition but loyalty to no one but him/herself, and that WILL endanger others if that means proving to be the best. To Rarity, somepony shallow, like... you know what. Instead of describing it , I'll just say in the simplest way to understand: Evil Prince Blueblood. To Applejack, Tom Sawyer, but more evil. And to Pinkie Pie, somepony like Gilda, that laughs at the miseries of others. But evil. And to put a cherry in the cake, the shadow of spike would be: well, frankly, Garbler is fine.

And yes, I do realize my post consists basically of "Like this, but EEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL"

• Brohoof 1

Ooh I would love to see an Anti Mane 6! Maybe Trixie for Twilight/ Lightning Dust for RD/I dunno who for Pinkie Pie/Flim Flam Brothers for AJ like ponypowax1000 previously stated/Gilda for Fluttershy and a dragon for Rarity. :)

Edited by iBleedSarcasm

For an anti mane 6, I don't think reusing old minor characters would work, at least not past Trixie or Lightning DUst/Gilda. They need to be more similar(or polar opposites) to the remaining 3 and there really aren't any characters like that, so brand new characters would be preferable

Edited by weegeez

You could also do a foil with ponies who arexaggerations or caricatures of the Mane Six.

Or better yet, have them be apotheoses of the Mane Six. Give us mares who have not only mastered what the Mane Six are best at, and have turned their Elements into what amount to super powers while also lacking their self-perceived character flaws. Imagine a Fluttershy who's a master druid, can sense what others need, and is confident and well-spoken. Or a Rainbow Dash who's a professional flyer, inspires adoration in others, and is an effortless team player.

Very intriguing. I've thought over this idea quite a bit, about characters who could be like the mane 6's opposites. Although, i mostly thought about it in the context of the Elements of Harmony, and therefore, the 'Elements of Disharmony'.

AAAAAND, because I was far too impatient to let the show do/possibly do this idea, I decided to take it upon myself to write a dark/adventure/epic/psychological-investigation style fanfic in which six villains who embody the opposites of the Elements of Harmony are corrupted and unite/try to take over Equestria via the Elements of Disharmony: The Elements of Disharmony: Necessary Corruption

Soo in this fic, I had for the Elements of Disharmony:

-Betrayal=Nightmare Moon

-Deception=Chrysalis

-Cruelty=Discord

-Greed=Spike

-Power=NOPE, SPOILERS :P

*note: at the time I started this, Sombra didn't exist yet, so i used a preexisting original villain of my own for the Element of Fear, "The Shadow".

...I'm really sorry if this comes off as shameless advertising. Still, I had this exact same idea several months ago, and I decided to do sumfing about it. :3

There's kind of a problem with an "anti" Mane Six in that they wouldn't be terribly cohesive. I mean, would you trust someone who's the embodiment of Treachery to have your back? Would you leave your stuff out and expect it to be okay with Cruelty and Greed around? Could you believe anything Despair and Deception have to say? You may as well backstab your team before they backstab you.

• Brohoof 1