Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Name something that you strongly dislike and explain why

Wubsie

Bronies don't hate, we strongly dislike. XD

Name something that you dislike so much that you would do anything to get away from it. 

You don't have to go into too much detail if you don't want to. But if you want to tell us, step up and post.

My Dislike

The number one thing I dislike is negativity/conflict.

I can't stand conflict, if I had to I would fight, but if it's random, I would walk away in an instant.

Like one time there was a huge school fight. At first it was just two guys going at it and I was very far away, but then about 4 more people came out of nowhere and they were just going at it. .-.

A whole bunch of people just started running up to go see it like it was an MMA fight. o-o

And me being shy I just kind of scurried away farther from it, hoping not to get involved.

I've always disliked fights and conflict and I'm sure another sack of people dislike it too.

So...that's why I strongly dislike fights.

Boom, end of story. Now get to postin' or get out. :3

• Brohoof 1

I strongly dislike misbehaving children. I am not that social and big crowds both stress and scare me. Noisy misbehaving children double that. A crowd of misbehaving children absolutely throw my stress level to maximum. So generally I avoid misbehaving and noisy children. I like children, but ones who are extremely noisy and keep on fighting and running around with no end in sight - those I strongly dislike. My slightly anti-socal way of being just can't handle them -.-

• Brohoof 3

Do you know what I strongly dislike? The North Korean situation. I mean damn - nobody can do anything to stop their Stalinist regime now that they've got nuclear weaponry. Also, when I read up on some of the stuff that goes on inside that country, I really want to kickbox something :/ It's absolutely foul.

What I also dislike is how lightly people take it. Most people I meet go "Okay, so if you're against the government you go to prison. That's bad, I guess." Thing is, it's not just prisons - it's labour camps, it's Gulags. I won't even describe how disgustingly people are treated inside them, or I'd be breaching the rules.

• Brohoof 2

Non-specific simpletons.

A couple days ago, some guy came in and ordered, AND I QUOTE: "I want the sandwich..." He literally offered no other explanation as to what he wanted. He just pointed at the menu, as if that helps at all. I was thinking: "ALL WE SERVE HERE IS SANDWICHES, YOU %$#@!!!! BE MORE SPECIFIC!!!!!!!" In hindsight, I should've given him the Southern-Style Chicken sandwich. No one ever orders it, so I assume it's not that great. When he complained about it, I should have just told him: "Hey, you just told me you wanted 'a sandwich'. You gave me free rein over the decision of what you get to eat, so I gave you the worst thing on the menu. Deal with it." After which I would have probably been fired...

On the same day, a woman came in and asked for a coffee in "that size". She just pointed at the cups on the espresso machine. I was already pretty irritable by that time, so I walked over to the cups, and in a very loud voice (I could barely keep myself from screaming this at her), said: "THIS ONE, THIS ONE, OR THIS ONE?!!" I put my hand over each consecutive cup size as I was talking. She said, "the one in the middle", which is the medium. "ALRIGHT!" I nearly shouted, walking back over to the register. I was thinking (sorry for the language): "JESUS CHRIST, IS IT THAT HARD TO SAY ONE GOD DAMN WORD? 'I'd like a medium coffee, please.' SEE! NOT FUCKING DIFFICULT WHATSOEVER!!!!!" Yeah, I have anger issues...

(EDIT: ICK! I forgot a quotation mark! Death to me and all that I love.)

Edited by HylianTwilian
  • Brohoof 2

Non-specific simpletons.

A couple days ago, some guy came in and ordered, AND I QUOTE: "I want the sandwich..." He literally offered no other explanation as to what he wanted. He just pointed at the menu, as if that helps at all. I was thinking: "ALL WE SERVE HERE IS SANDWICHES, YOU %$#@!!!! BE MORE SPECIFIC!!!!!!!" In hindsight, I should've given him the Southern-Style Chicken sandwich. No one ever orders it, so I assume it's not that great. When he complained about it, I should have just told him: "Hey, you just told me you wanted 'a sandwich'. You gave me free rein over the decision of what you get to eat, so I gave you the worst thing on the menu. Deal with it." After which I would have probably been fired...

On the same day, a woman came in and asked for a coffee in "that size". She just pointed at the cups on the espresso machine. I was already pretty irritable by that time, so I walked over to the cups, and in a very loud voice (I could barely keep myself from screaming this at her), said: "THIS ONE, THIS ONE, OR THIS ONE?!!" I put my hand over each consecutive cup size as I was talking. She said, "the one in the middle", which is the medium. "ALRIGHT!" I nearly shouted, walking back over to the register. I was thinking (sorry for the language): JESUS CHRIST, IS IT THAT HARD TO SAY ONE GOD DAMN WORD? 'I'd like a medium coffee, please.' SEE! NOT FUCKING DIFFICULT WHATSOEVER!!!!!" Yeah, I have anger issues...

This made me smile, it reminds me of myself talking to my neighbour in maths:

"I don't get it..."

"What don't you get? How to rearrange it?"

"I just don't understand how it works..."

*headdesk*

Anyhow, what I really dislike are chavs. They walk about my village shoving their weight around, hangin with their "homies" or whatever and getting smashed on alcohol and weed. They get all the girls despite the fact they have no form of intelligence and just flat out make me want to vomit.

• Brohoof 1

Well, there's a lot.

1. People in more advanced classes that shouldn't be in that class. It holds back the whole class. Just... leave. Please.

2. Bad liars. If you can't lie, don't do it. Don't say your 28 when you act, spell and the likes like your 9. Unless you have a disability, or are just immature over the internet, you are not fouling anyone. And not on the internet, people are even more obvious. I believe I'm bad at reading facial expressions, but some people are just so bad. I'm shy. I can pass for being shy all the time, making lying pretty easy, but if your lying, and playing the shy card when your out going? Gets under my skin (Liars aren't too fun, but I tend to like good liars because I can appreciate that skill)

3. Unspecific people. Not going to expand on that so I look like a hypocrite and someone finds that remotely funny.

4. And of course, people that stereo-type *southern* Canadians. The reason I say southern is because were more American then Canadian (Other then being totally patriotic about Canada, not America). Some of the stereo types do apply to more northern people, but not often. For example: I have never heard anyone in Ontario say "Aboot". I rarely hear someone say "Eh" not used in a joking sentence. And alike. However I can say we /do/ all hoard bacon and maple syrup.

That's about it I would think. :P

Edited by Firebolt
  • Brohoof 1

Idiot drivers...of all kinds.

People who tailgate.

People who don't follow the car-to-the-right rule at intersections.

People who beep at you for no reason (especially in downtown).

People who don't use their turn signal.

But the absolute worst of all are people who suddenly accelerate to get in front of you when you want to get into their lane, even though their is plenty of room in front of them and their car safely behind your own. Apparently my turn signal is their cue to burn rubber.

I do give them credit though, it does take skill to drive with no hands, being that they've got both of them planted firmly up their own ass.

Edited by StratoPegasus
  • Brohoof 3

People who join forums, then break the rules and make up some stupid excuse for why they think it's "okay" to do when it's really not and they're being obnoxious.

There are many other things that I strongly dislike but that would take much to long to type out. It would be a book.

Edited by Fluttermoon

Stereotypes

I STRONGLY dislike stereotypes. Being a slightly religious English teenager poses problems:

Religious:

I do not go to church every Sunday, I do not sprout out religious testaments wherever I go and I am not a brainwashed goodie-two-shoes freak!!

English:

Not poshly spoken, I don't like crumpets but I'll give you the tea :D . And we don't all know each-other. I was asked if I knew someone in London. I LIVE IN THE COUNTRYSIDE!!!!

Teenager:

I will not break into your house. NOT ALL TEENAGERS VANDALISE!!! The amount of times people have crossed over to the other side of the street as if I have the plague...

Is that it? Pretty much :)

• Brohoof 1

I strongly dislike bananas. Yes bananas. Their stringy and fibery, and don't really have a interesting taste. Also you have to deal with the skin, both in the peeling and the disposing of it (this applys to oranges but at least they are citrusy). Lastly, they are smushy. I don't like smushy. Smushy is for babies... 

I strongly dislike Crowds. I don't know why, crowds just ignore the crap out of me, full of people, half of which don't know what the heck is going on. Ugh, just the thought of them is terrible. Yeah that might be a weird one, but it's something, something that I cannot stand in any way or form.

There are a few more things that aggravate me me, one of which is people. Now you may be saying people, like everyone. No not everyone, I mean annoying people, people in line who can't wait, people who don't care. Those kind of people. Must people I do like, but can't stand others.

• Brohoof 1

Do you know what I strongly dislike? The North Korean situation. I mean damn - nobody can do anything to stop their Stalinist regime now that they've got nuclear weaponry. Also, when I read up on some of the stuff that goes on inside that country, I really want to kickbox something :/ It's absolutely foul.

What I also dislike is how lightly people take it. Most people I meet go "Okay, so if you're against the government you go to prison. That's bad, I guess." Thing is, it's not just prisons - it's labour camps, it's Gulags. I won't even describe how disgustingly people are treated inside them, or I'd be breaching the rules.

I haven't really heard of people taking it lightly where I live. Most people where I am seem to know at least a bit about the situation there. I mean, the labour camps are worse than just "labour camps". It's a lot more than just labour, and like you, I won't describe it either. Kinda reminds me of the Japanese research units during WWII. And the whole issue of their social status system seems like real bullshit to me, I sure as hell wouldn't want my life decided for me from the day I'm born.

What drives people to act like that anyway? Seems the capacity for cruelty's just always been astoundingly high for us humans.

• Brohoof 1

I strongly dislike when somebody, especially a teacher, calls Germans during WWII Nazis. My english teacher said something along the lines of "Fighting the Nazis". Excuse me, but I believe you ment "Germans"! Most German soldiers were not Nazis, they did not agree with the beliefs of all the high Nazis such as Hitler or Himler, they were only enlisted because they wanted to fight for their country. But I will give you that the S.S. were pretty much Nazi soldiers. Plus you can add that if ANY soldier spoke out against what Hitler was doing, they and their family would be threatened with death etc. and that they were pretty much brain washed.

Besides, if you lived in a country with about 15 years of political hell and all sorts of different parties going at each other, and lots of violence in street while there being high poverty levels, and then some guy says "I can restore your country to the way it was, I can make your country great again!" Who wouldn't jump on the band wagon?

TL;DR: People calling German soldiers Nazis pisses me off.

I haven't really heard of people taking it lightly where I live. Most people where I am seem to know at least a bit about the situation there. I mean, the labour camps are worse than just "labour camps". It's a lot more than just labour, and like you, I won't describe it either. Kinda reminds me of the Japanese research units during WWII. And the whole issue of their social status system seems like real bullshit to me, I sure as hell wouldn't want my life decided for me from the day I'm born.

What drives people to act like that anyway? Seems the capacity for cruelty's just always been astoundingly high for us humans.

Japanese research units, Unit 731, nice to see some people actually know about it.

Well, probably has something to do with the fact that N. Korea isn't as rich as we are. I mean, humans act nice when we have abundant resources, but when all that goes away, we start to act like barbarians. It's partly human nature. Also because some politicans are just power hungry monsters that will do ANYTHING to uphold their power.

As for Japan, they were probably just heavily influenced by the code of Bushido, death before dishonor. They had the viewpoint of "Any man who surrenders is not willing to die for his country" which to them, was the ultimate disgrace. Thus, they figured they should treat all prisoners like dirt, which resulted in the atrocities committed unto POWs. But as for killing chinese civilians, they simply just were willing to do ANYTHING to bring victory to their empror and country, no matter how horrible it may be.

(This is all my opinion by the way :3)

Have you read Escape From Camp 14? Absolutely chilling account of life inside the camps, from the only person to ever escape a total-control camp. I suppose when you're leader of a country and the thirst for revenge against your enemies slugs you in the gut, you pump your country from the inside out with propaganda trying to say "No, we are victorious, no way did we sign a piddly armistice". Priority went to establishing a powerful military rather than feeding the people, the damn Kim family were so bent on getting revenge for the Korean war.

You have to love how they call themselves the "Democratic People's Republic of Korea". I mean, who are they trying to fool?

4. And of course, people that stereo-type *southern* Canadians. The reason I say southern is because were more American then Canadian (Other then being totally patriotic about Canada, not America). Some of the stereo types do apply to more northern people, but not often. For example: I have never heard anyone in Ontario say "Aboot". I rarely hear someone say "Eh" not used in a joking sentence. And alike. However I can say we /do/ all hoard bacon and maple syrup.

That's about it I would think. :P

I'm smack in the middle of Ontario (well maybe a littttle more northern), so I get the best of both worlds :P

I do say "eh", but only in the context of something like, "I know, eh?" Besides that, I'm pretty much clean, though I do use a lot of British terms.

We do hoard maple syrup...like that maple syrup heist! STRAIGHT TO THE CANADIAN PRIDE

(On another note, every time I see someone say they're from Ontario, I'm all "ERMERGERD WAT IF THEY LIVED IN MY TOWN" XD)

Now that my idiotic patriot rant is over (well, just patriot) (LOL REFERENCE), I'm going to say: the human race!

People that say "ecsetera" instead of "et cetera", girls who wear promiscuous makeup and clothing and act stupid to be "cute", guys who wear pants around their knees, and people who walk really slowly RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU with no way to get past are at the top of the list, though. Oh, and idiots in general, such as in HylianTwilian's example.

Edited by Nicolas Cage
  • Brohoof 1

Bronies don't hate, we strongly dislike. XD

That mentality: Even if it was a joke I never liked it in the first place. And it's really ignorant/arrogant/cocky. (pick one, I don't care which, I don't know which is correct)

--

Loud people: They draw attention to themselves and waste valuable time.

Myself: Trying to figure self out, realizing self-analysis is bull, getting frustrated over that and countless other things.

Having lots of hair: Combing is a pain in the ass and I'd rather be bald to deal with less crap in the mornings and showers.

Winter: Wind picks up dramatically, making it really cold, and I hate getting into snowball fights.

That's all that come to mind now.

That mentality: Even if it was a joke I never liked it in the first place. And it's really ignorant/arrogant/cocky. (pick one, I don't care which, I don't know which is correct)

Wha? I didn't really mean to be ignorant or anything. I know you know it's just a joke and all but still..

I didn't mean it...

Sorry I guess.  :(

Edited by Double D

Wha? I didn't really mean to be ignorant or anything. I know you know it's just a joke and all but still..

I didn't mean it...

Sorry I guess.  :(

Don't apologize, you did nothing wrong. I have friends who would've made the same joke as you, and over time it's gotten me pretty irritated due to the superiority complex-style personality they show off as a result. Plus, I was being high-strung, so don't apologize.

• Brohoof 1

Teenager: I will not break into your house. NOT ALL TEENAGERS VANDALISE!!! The amount of times ponies have crossed over to the other side of the street as if I have the plague...

Dang, they must hate teens over there in Britain. Nobody's ever shown any distaste for me in public (not that I've noticed, anyway). Although one douchebag kid in the supermarket called me a hobo...

• Brohoof 2

1. Small kids. Let's say 0-8 years old. The loud, irritating screaming combined with running around, possibly knocking stuff down and being dirty just instantly gives me adrenaline surge.

1a. Moms and dads who bring the above mentioned kind of kid to places of relaxation, such as cafe or library and do not give a crap what the kid does. If you politely ask them to control the kid a little, they will call the Annoying Fat Moms Federation and gang up on you.

2. People who try to limit freedom of others via legislation. This includes various politicians and two religions. Mostly the religions, because who would expect anything good from politicians, right?

3. People who get offended by everything. Especially when it doesn't even concern them, as in walking to two random people who are having a conversation, just to yell at them that they are offensive to X.

Although one douchebag kid in the supermarket called me a hobo...

You just made me spill my coffee, thank you!

Edited by Jessper
  • Brohoof 3

Something I strongly dislike? People who praise or hate on something, especially the latter, even if they have no experience with it whether it be a movie, a video game console, a new gadget, it's ridiculous! 

• Brohoof 1

People who just don't tolerate other peoples choices, for how they live, how they make a living, or how they simply dress.  I also dislike it when parents, whom are supposed to raise their kid let them do whatever they want.  I mean I can understand a little freedom, but when it gets to the point it's annoying others it needs to stop.

• Brohoof 2

You just made me spill my coffee, thank you!

No prob. Not sure why the kid called me a hobo. I mean, sure I dress weird, I might look like a hipster, but a hobo? Surely not. Although, being that he was only a kid, it's possible he didn't know what a hobo was and just called me a hobo because he heard the word somewhere and thought it was an insult. Wretched child...

I strongly dislike paladins. Being that I used to play WoW as a PvP goblin DK, I always hated when i would do tons of damage, and they would heal, and i would do another ton of damage, and they would heal, until they eventually just wimpled out (or ran out of mana) and bubbled back to Stormwind. Then anytime a paladin would go on the offensive, they would get healing buffs from their damage and I, being a DK, couldn't heal myself at all. Paladins need nerfed!

Takes a lot to get me angry but there are things out there that literally drive me up the wall.

*Racism*- It is so stupid and absolutely makes no sense whatsoever to put other people down just because there are of a different race. We are all human beings and all equal.

People who think the world revolves around them. They cannot make a compromise with others and are always wanting things done *their* way. 

People hating on things before actually giving the thing that they are hating a chance. More over people who just do not know when to SHUT UP!

Boastfulness- When someone blows themself up and thinks everyone around them sucks and they think of themselves as "gods"

Those things tick me off...  <_<  -_-

Non-specific simpletons.

On the same day, a woman came in and asked for a coffee in "that size". She just pointed at the cups on the espresso machine. I was already pretty irritable by that time, so I walked over to the cups, and in a very loud voice (I could barely keep myself from screaming this at her), said: "THIS ONE, THIS ONE, OR THIS ONE?!!" I put my hand over each consecutive cup size as I was talking. She said, "the one in the middle", which is the medium. "ALRIGHT!" I nearly shouted, walking back over to the register. I was thinking (sorry for the language): "JESUS CHRIST, IS IT THAT HARD TO SAY ONE GOD DAMN WORD? 'I'd like a medium coffee, please.' SEE! NOT FUCKING DIFFICULT WHATSOEVER!!!!!" Yeah, I have anger issues...

(EDIT: ICK! I forgot a quotation mark! Death to me and all that I love.)

Worked two bucking years and 5 months at Mcdonalds I know all to well what you went through :(.... I am SO glad to be out of that place... I learned  ALOT of things by working there. Learned about the public and gaining a work ethic and besides that glad to be out of there.

Edited by Gone ϟ Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1