Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Is Your Alignment?

Creamy Arty

Alignment Poll  

173 users have voted

1. 1. What you would say might be your alignment?

• Lawful Good
    • Neutral Good
    • Chaotic Good
    • Lawful Neutral
    • Neutral
    • Chaotic Neutral
    • Lawful Evil
    • Neutral Evil
    • Chaotic Evil

I think I'm between Neutral Good and Chaotic Good.

I think I'm quite moral, and I always try to do what's best for people. But I often find myself challenging certain laws. e.g I believe that if a scumbag threatens you or your family, you're within your right to defend yourself freely. If he attacks you, you should be allowed to kill him. But in today's society, if you hit him, he sues you and you get arrested. If he hits you first and you kill him either on purpose out of self defence or as an accident, his famikly sues you, and you get arrested. It's simply unjust...and I despie things which are unjust, whether lawful or not.

• Brohoof 2

Probably Neutral good. I feel that being happy and enjoying life is what matters and I think that would apply there given the description. I am also not very into forcing certain things on others and I try to be a good person but I tend to stay out of everyone's way, my anti-socialness is a beast.

• Brohoof 1

I'd consider myself somewhere between neutral and chaotic good. I'm not one to "stick to the man" for hell of it, but I defiantly put morals and ethics above legalities to a certain extent. It's like my quote says: "There's morally wrong, and then there's "I don't have bail money" wrong"

I would be neutral. No way I'm all one sided.

I think Neutral pretty much useless in D&D, actually. It seems to come down to a lazy bastard that won't take any side about anything. 

Chaotic good, I have a strong sense of right and wrong and believe that we all have an obligation to do what we can to make the world a better place. I am often wary of large amounts of unchecked centralized power and constantly question authority without any reservations or apologies. Politically I have always had a strong populist streak that has only gotten stronger, I believe in a small decentralized government with the federal government only having the "enumerated powers" it was granted in the constitution while the rest is either left up to the states or the people as per the 9th amendment. I also however hold the constitution in high regard which also makes me lean a bit toward lawful good in some cases but still mostly chaotic good.

either neutral neutral, chaotic good, or somewhere inbetween

i have a pretty strong conscience and i don't think i'm mean-spirited enough to consider myself evil. i CERTAINLY am not lawful anything. i resent law and order as dictated by the government, i hate the way society operates, and if it weren't for the stupid consequences in place by said society/government i would gladly fight tyranny.

i'm also pretty darn disorganized, random, and like to make decisions on a whim.

seriously, screw you and your structure, society :okiedokielokie:

Edited by crazitaco

Going off those definitions, I'd have to say that I'm chaotic good for the most part. I've always been one to question rules or just flat out ignore them, but my own moral standards are very important to me.

I am probably best befitting to the classification of neutral good, although I confess that I have never been one for rules, laws, or really guidelines in general... so does that make me chaotic good, then?  I don't doubt my positive spirit, though, so I can at the very least affirm my "good-ness", within the context ;)

I'd say I'm lawful good.

I love to help others because at one point, I was in need. I can't help it. When I walk by a Salvation Army donation bucket, I have to slip five or ten dollars in there because I was homeless at a point in my life. I've driven by homeless beggars who need the money to make it when I didn't have any cash only to drive all the way across town to the ATM to get twenty or thirty dollars for that person. If you really need it, I'll buy you a week's worth of groceries. It pulls too hard at my heart. I can't see someone poor and in need and not help them out in some way. Actually, one night, I was kind of pissed because my iPod was stolen (we eventually did find it that night--I decided not to press charges). So I pulled into a gas station to make sure I didn't have it on me, and this guy came up to my window up there and offered to sell me his sound system for twenty bucks. I pulled out my a ten dollar bill and said "Here's ten bucks to leave me the fuck alone and get away from my car." So yeah. I help the needy. Even when I'm in rage mode lol. I do what I can, and usually it's in the form of money. What you do with it afterward is up to you.

As for my lawful side, I don't always stay truly lawful. At first, I was going to put neutral good, but I follow the law a whole lot more than I break it. Usually, I break the law when I'm driving. And that has to do with speed limits. But I'm an accounting major so I follow the law about 99% of the time because that's what's required of me.

Now if ever there were a point where the government failed and we went into a state of martial law, I'd have no problems with gliding on over to neutral good. Because if you try to hurt me and I had to pick between me and you, I come first. In a state of martial law, I'll shoot first and ask questions later if i perceive you to be a threat. However, when it comes to the people about whom I care most, I'd gladly give my life to ensure their continuance unless I was absolutely needed for an irreplaceable skill. That would have to mean that my dying for the sake of their lives would put them in greater danger than doing nothing. But, of course, that's only in a situation where the government completely falls apart and we enter a doomsday state. And I don't plan on that. 

Wasn't there already an alignment thread, or was I just dreaming that?

Anyway, I kind of fluctuate depending on my mood...because Lord knows, my general demeanor has been known to go through some pretty turbulent changes. Normally I'd describe myself as Neutral Good - I generally try to be a nice and helpful guy, and I'll play by the rules so long as they don't conflict with my good nature.

Lately, however, I think I've shifted into True Neutral gear. I've called a majority of my friendships into question (even my real-life ones spanning over a decade, sadly), and I'm currently of a very self-interested mentality. Well, "self" encompassing both myself and my immediate family. I've grown tired of waiting on Karma to bring me some good after having put so much good into the universe, so I'm now operating on kind of a "reverse Karma" principle - I put out exactly what I receive.

I'll certainly let you know when I go through another alignment shift. If I were a D&D character, I'd have lost quite a few levels from how often I jump around. What can you do, though...

Alignment chart

What do you consider yourself?

Lawful good, neutral good, chaotic good,

Lawful neutral, neutral, chaotic neutral,

or lawful evil, evil neutral, or evil chaotic?

Hello! Since your topic matched that of an earlier thread, I've taken the liberty of merging them together. In the future, please run a search before creating a new thread. Thank you! :)

I could be wrong but I went with chaotic neutral. I'm more of a ''evil for evil'' kind of guy. I wouldn't hurt those who don't deserve it but I have no problem watching someone who does hurt others suffer.

*took the test posted above and it gave me chaotic neutral so maybe I wasn't wrong lol....

Edited by Nightmare Night