Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Applejack Fan Club

Tomiix

Applejack is infringing on so many other ponies' elements. She got her own, honesty, and she truly lives it, but she's also the epitome of loyalty. She's kind and generous too. Promising to give all that money to Ponyville to fix the town hall after Derpy wrecked it, and giving of herself to cheer up Sweetie Belle and mend the rift between her and Rarity; a better friend you'll not find anywhere in Equestria.

I've worked hard to eliminate mine. It's not a fun thing to have.

As stated above, I've done my best to rid myself of that accent, but sometimes it's dependent on whoever I'm conversing with whether or not it resurfaces, and how strongly. When talking to somebody from back home or any stranger with a country accent I can't help it; it pops out before I realize it's about to happen. If I start talking to "city folk" or anybody from up north I can hide it pretty well. Funny how that all works.

lol, I can talk without my (HEAVY) accent if I need to, but I think its awful fun when im around people that dont know me/from somewhere else cant understand half of what I say! Im quite proud of my accent! B)

One thing I must ask, why do so many people dislike Applejack? She seems to be the least popular of the Mane 6, but I just love her sooooooo much (Just look at mah avatar, signature, profile background, and opening sentence in mah profile!). I think I've met like, what, one other person on here who likes Applejack as much as me (I believe that would be CucumberJack)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I must ask, why do so many people dislike Applejack? She seems to be the least popular of the Mane 6, but I just love her sooooooo much (Just look at mah avatar, signature, profile background, and opening sentence in mah profile!). I think I've met like, what, one other person on here who likes Applejack as much as me (I believe that would be CucumberJack)

One thing I often hear is that she nothing special. She's just country and thats it. Nothing to make her stand out.

Bleh, I just think people have bad tastes. How can you not like her? She's so bucking amazing in every single way imaginable!

You forgot about me ;)

Well I actually like AJ and Twilight the same, but both very much. AJ was one of my favorite ponies from the beginning. Love her voice and character :)

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a close inspection of Applejack by a wikia contributor on the MLP wiki called Samut-Kun. Well written and really, really thoughtful. http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Samut-Kun/Applejack:_On_Closer_Inspection

I'll post it here for all to read if you don't want to look at the link. It's a TL;DR post for any AJ hater, but fans, please read this.

Applejack is rather a difficult character to get into. I had a hard time getting into her since she admittedly wasn't the focus on any episode or at least wasn't well followed from a narrative level.

The reason why I became interested in Applejack was when I heard things like Applejack is Best Background Pony. And to that, I decided to rewatch S1 and S2 before the start of the summer this year (Season 2 ended). And at first, I liked her a lot but mostly 'cause of her accent and underdog status. But I just watched the series again recently and if you look hard enough, there are plenty of Applejack moments that stand out and make her character all the more admirable.

On the rough surface, people will complain that she has no episode from her narrative. They will say that she's overshadowed by her friends or even Background ponies (Derpy). And some will say she's uninteresting 'cause she doesn't have any flaws. And to that, I say: Some of that is true. All you have to do is look closer.

Applejack never had a episode from her perspective. It has always been from the perspectives of other ponies looking at Applejack. And y'know, as much as people complained about S2 Applejack ("AJ is best background pony cuz she had little episodes), i think the Last Roundup really showed how much she cared about the town. If it was RD, she'd care more about her reputation that she failed to get the money than actually feeling depressed that she cant get the money to help everypony.

A common recurring theme is that her friends or other characters steal her spotlight. Pinkie Pie and Derpy with the Last Roundup for example. But you must understand, it's because of the narrative the writers have chosen. As stated, all of her episodes always come off as the audience looking through the eyes of her friends and never through Applejack. This is true for Applebuck Season, where we dont follow Applejack 'cause she's... basically her brain not work right. So we instead, look through Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Twilight's perspective. Now, I can understand the whole 'Background Pony' thing but really, it's more than that. Personally, both narratives can provide a strong story about the character. There are tons of movies where we love the characters but aren't the main focus (Han Solo from New Hope). In the Last Round Up, the story is told in a very brilliant way (Promising beginning, Applejack missing, Applejack refuses to talk, chase scene, Applejack confesses and her friends appreciate her hard work nonetheless) and you learn from the perspective of the other characters about Applejack. I believe that she comes off as a stronger character because the plot unravels and you find out why she did this and what she went through. This is definitely one of the best Applejack episodes, and it should be commended too since it wasn't from her perspective unlike many of the other Character-favorite episodes people have (Lesson Zero, Sonic Rainboom, Hurricane Fluttershy, etc.).

Regarding her flaws, she definitely has the least flaws so far. She's definitely stubborn, refusing to back down most of the time and have it her way (Applebuck Season, Super Squeezy Cider 6000, etc.). She's also competitive, but it's healthier than Rainbow Dash's. In Fall Weather Friends, AJ is quicker to back down from her ego whereas Rainbow Dash takes things way too seriously and is the first to cheat. Remember, Applejack is the one who said: 'Remember, Rainbow, this is just a game.' And I think that says a lot about Applejack, how more mature and friendly she is. She also overworks herself twice but for different reasons. In Applebuck Season, she mostly overworked to prove her brother and others wrong. In the Last Roundup, she forced herself to do menial and embarassing tasks so she can return to bring joy to the town. I think the fact that she has the least flaws is a good thing and a bad thing. Bad because it seems like a lot of people tend to like characters with (glaring) flaws, and I agree with that generally. It's good because it shows how much more Applejack mature she is than the others and she's a good role model because of that.

And this brings me to the reason why I and others love Applejack. Applejack has proven time and time again to put herself in front of others because she cares deeply about them. She will step in as leader when Twilight isn't around (Friendship is Magic, Canterlot Wedding). She constantly saves her friends from harm (Friendship is Magic, Feeling Pinkie Keen, Dragonshy, etc.). She will sacrifice her chance to help herself and her family so her friends can achieve their dreams (Ticket Master). She volunteers to carry Fluttershy up the mountain when no one else would (Dragonshy). She does embarassing work but only because she cares about the ponies back town (Last Roundup). She cares about her friends doing honest work (Fallweather Friends, Super Squeezy Cider 6000). She welcomed Sweetie Belle (Sisterhooves Social) to participate in a race when Sweetie Belle wasn't her sister, and she sacrificed her chance at winning by switching places with Rarity so the two could get back together.

Yes there's other things like her country accent, her underdog status that appeal to some, and so on that make her so loved but above all, Applejack puts herself in front of others and her caring nature, is what makes her my- and probably others, our favourite pony. And when you realize it, it makes her all the more rewarding as a character. Posted Image

PS I may come off as bashing Rainbow Dash but really, I love Rainbow Dash as much as I love the others... with Applejack being slightly higher :D I know Twilight is the main star but Rainbow Dash and Applejack just have more of a feud. It's also no surprise that Rainbow Dash is often overblown by the fans and media. For each merchandise Equestria Daily posts on their site, it's more than likely that Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and/or Twilight appear on them. Applejack rarely gets any face time on merch. But again, I only refer to Rainbow Dash because she and Applejack have a thing with one another.

Beautiful words by Samut-Kun.

• Brohoof 3

I don't necessarily have Applejack as my top pony, but I do like some qualities about her. So I think I will post in this thread.

Posted Image

This always brings joy to mah heart :wub: x2,000,000.

Well, any filly AJ art makes me smile :D. If only this thread was more active. I want to talk more about AJ with mah fellow AJ lovers ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

As you all know applejack has been rejected, and been voted the least popular pony. People call her a background pony what is not true. She has even been not cared about in applelishious

(I know she commened saying applejack will have her own video)

BUT I <3 APPLEJACK AND I WANT PEOPLE OPINIONS PLEASE ABOUT AJ

~ Melodys Bliss

Posted ImagePosted Image

• Brohoof 5

She has probably the best character (meaning behavior, morals, etc.) of almost any pony in the show. I really like her personality and yeah, it's really disappointing that we don't see more of her. They could do a lot with Applejack-centered episodes if they tried. She's a really cool pony and sadly underrated.

YOU CAN´T RESIST!

Posted Image

AJ is along with Pinkie on the 2nd place to me. Too bad she´s so underrated - she deserves more love, for sure.

Also... Applejack is the best Dexter.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLvIyme2MU4

Edited by Suntouched Coco

AJ is always best pony. I love her appearance, her accent and her cowmare hat. Remember, Twilight trusted her enough to risk being killed in FIM part 2. Also, she has the best family.

Edited by PonyHag1
  • Brohoof 1

Aj is cute and loveable she is trusting honest and EPIC. I love her for putting her hoof out for her friends! In all honesty Applejack is best pony. Come on just imagine her with a bow and arrow what shoots arrows with apples for tips come on!
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I ought to bring this up. Whatever--it would probably go way down and lost in other threads.

But I shall still wholeheartedly express my opinion of Applejack's awesomeness. I love you, my Jayjay. <3

• Brohoof 1

I ought to bring this up. Whatever--it would probably go way down and lost in other threads.

But I shall still wholeheartedly express my opinion of Applejack's awesomeness. I love you, my Jayjay. <3

Jayjay? That's a cute nickname for her :3.

Even though I do have a newly found softspot for Vanellope :blush:, AJ is still #1 to me :). Nothing like them Southern blonde girls :wub:.

• Brohoof 1

"Love at first sight" , :wub: I can't lie that i can't decide between AJ and TWillght number 1 position then RD, but what I'm sure is AJ is unique! I used to live in a big city and I have a poor health so maybe she is something I'm not, but I had seen so many ( i garantee) Anime so far - and there you go AJ hit me hard in the first episode -

I confused with word Nature which can be related to Fluttershy but AJ is also close enough FS is more animal , it's not i don't like animal. :huh:

I love everything AJ is when i look at her , she is a blond bold cowboy girl in farwest but in a wonderful environment ( no desert) She is hardworking( taming animal) and strong (kick ass) she loves her family and friend - she doesn't care about money ( there's something more important to her) in the End he accent is WTF perfect! when she talk she's serious or joking I laugh a lot (season3 ep2 top of tower AJ: "the cristal will be here soon"(or something similar) Rarity: " I don't know if they believe you" AJ: " i don't know if i believe ME!! lol :P

remark:She didn't lie a single time well she is joking to her friend! ( that does't count)

summary : She is realistic and i love her since this is AJ FC so i won't blabbling about how cute Tillight of RD are! but nah AJ is the best, If she exist i'll date her + to be honest my dream will be fulfill with either AJ or TwS !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp0z5Ghkoac

• Brohoof 2

I'm joining this fan club too, partly because it'll make a few people happy, and because Applejack is my second favorite of all the ponies. She's an awesome character, and deserves more screen time.

Count me in, Applejack is tied in 2nd place for my favorite pony with Pinkie Pie also. Her character is just great, and I love her family. Hope she gets more air time this season.

• 3 months later...

Let's see, she's cuter than Fluttershy...

i-WCzrwnR-M.png

Funnier than Pinkie Pie...

And more awesome than all the rest combined!

Yeah, I think she deserves a thread. Post everything Applejack you can imagine! Pictures, videos, whatever! If it includes best pony, it's in.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

My favorite Applejack in dress pic:

mlp_applejack_by_kaninerochkaninungar-d5

And she is adorable indeed  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: :wub:

tumblr_mfga83iu6H1ruo7yvo1_500.jpg

Edited by Soundgarden
  • Brohoof 5

Applejack by-far takes the win as the best pony in my heart. She is easier to relate with than any of the other ponies and the whole family are just adorable!

• Brohoof 2