Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Great and Powerful Trixie Fan Club

Tomiix

They should really return Trixie for more. I absolutely loved her, especially her character. She just have so much potential, especially after Magic Duel, which essentially means we know next to nothing about what she's going to do now.

• Brohoof 3

Also, @ghostfacekiller39, which issues of the MLP comics feature Trixie, if you wouldn't mind reminding me?

So far,  can only say for certain Friends Forever #6 and Main Series #21 :D Issue #22 of the main series will also feature her, since she's one of the main characters in #21 and #22 is the sequel :D 

That being said, it's been a couple of days since I posted here post-20419-0-97188300-1405960104.png time to post Trixie!

the_unicorn_s_apprentice_by_dstears-d6x5

• Brohoof 2

Twixie is my favorite ship, so I'd like to see some more positive interactions between Twilight and Trixie. Of course, that probably won't happen as this is a kid's show, but it'd be nice to see.

thank_you_twilight_by_raikoh_illust-d5my

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Her deeds so far in the newest comic arc:

1. Doing a 5-star stage act.

2. Helping the cops hunt a master thief.

3. Escaping the cops when framed by said thief.

img-2876837-1-obama-not-bad.jpeg

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Twixie is my favorite ship, so I'd like to see some more positive interactions between Twilight and Trixie. Of course, that probably won't happen as this is a kid's show, but it'd be nice to see.

img-2876789-1-thank_you_twilight_by_raik

Twixie is a fantastic ship because the dynamic between Twilight and Trixie is hilarious. :lol:

The pretentious and boastful buffoon and the brilliant yet humble sidekick. Not that I'm saying Trixie is dumb, Twilight's just a better magician.

Edited by Archi the Atmomancer
  • Brohoof 3

To be honest, Trixie's been my second favorite pony for a very long time, since late 2012 or so. It was that scene at the end of Magic Duel that made me ship her and Twilight.

• Brohoof 2

To be honest, Trixie's been my second favorite pony for a very long time, since late 2012 or so. It was that scene at the end of Magic Duel that made me ship her and Twilight.

Trixie shot up and became my third favorite pony during Boast Busters - I was fascinated and captivated by her arrogance. I started looking more and more into her character a while back, and boom, she became my second favorite pony :D She only recently usurped AJ for that spot, but she's been in my top 3 for a very long time.

delicious_by_ponykillerx-d5z9xmo.png

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

This is the most hilarious reason for liking a character ever; even moreso because I like her for the same reason. :lol:

Well, hey, it provides a lot of depth to her character. Why do you think she's arrogant?

Trixie lives in a Wagon. She has no set home, she just lives in a tiny, cramped, wooden wagon that she was to pull from town to town on her own.

large.png

Even worse is that the wagon also doubles as her perfoming stage, so she's got little to no living area. So she's poor because she to live in a tiny little traveling wagon that she pulls around herself.

So she's *not privelaged* at all - she's actually kind of poor if you think about it, and about as close to homeless as you can be without actually being homeless.

Then, let's face it - her act is mostly based off of smoke and mirrors and boasts. In terms of magic, she's mediocre at best. Remember the Ursa Minor in "Boast Busters" and how she fought it? She wrapped a piece of rope around two of its fingers. She is not powerful  nor talented at magic, she's average on a good day.

So she is *not privelaged* and *not talented*

Finally, she has trouble holding any sort of normal conversation. She can't talk to someone without constantly talking about herself (and I'll get to why later) and that will rub people the wrong way a lot. She is shown to have no friends and bad social skills. Keep in mind that she doesn't stay in one place and is always traveling.

So she's *poor* *not talented* and *lonely*

She has no reason to be so proud of herself whatsoever, and she's not dumb - she probably knows that. She has no friends and she's not very special or privelaged. So why does she brag?

Maybe that's why she brags - she wants to look cool to make friends. Maybe people would believe her and she'd make a few friends, because they'd think she was "cool" for all the stuff she says about herself. 

Also, she doesn't have any reason to be confident, as stated earlier, so what if it's also a way to improve her self-confidence? While it IS unnecessary, mean, and over the top, and just because she's confused doesn't excuse her for the wrong she's done, I think that there's so much more to her than just a big ego. Maybe it's because she has nothing else, and that's her only way of being something, and as things get worse, she gets worse with them.

That's why I like Trixie's ego - you can tell it goes so much deeper than just "I'm great and powerful!" while, on the other hand, RD's ego is just a combination of being privileged and talented - nothing all too special about it.

Trixie is probably the most arrogant character in a TV show I've fallen for, to be honest.

Same here post-20419-0-69015000-1405880818.png

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 4

-snip-

Precisely, though I disagree with your saying she isn't talented; her magic is more artistic than practical, but it's good. Then again, I haven't read the comics, so maybe there's something in there.

She reminds me of myself in regards to the Inferiority-Superiority Complexity. I tend to make a show of being above it all but really I'm just an average (if well-read) guy.

• Brohoof 2

It's cool if her magic is like illusion magic, that would give her character a good background context - her boasting and over the top attitude makes her seem more epic than she is (i still love her even if she doesn't slay ursa's however).

Also, her boasting and arrogance was so good it's impossible not to like her because of it. I was having the dumbest grin on my face when i first watched Boast busters.

• Brohoof 3

img-2876789-1-thank_you_twilight_by_raik

Probably not in a cannon romance (even though they could do a great episode on love and tolerance this way; but sadly there are too many unwilling to accept difference) but they could become great friend? Maybe even a strongly implied but not outright spoken romance like Rarity and Applejack? 

Very insightful text block

Wow man! I liked Trixie before but that helps me see a few new layers to her I missed! Her stock in my heart skyrocketed!
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Has anyone here seen Turnabout Storm, the Phoenix Wright/MLP crossover? Even though it's not canon Trixie is amazing in that too. The writers basically portray Trixie the way ghost suggested, though a tad less tragic.

Edited by Archi the Atmomancer
  • Brohoof 3

Has anyone here seen Turnabout Storm, the Phoenix Wright/MLP crossover? Even though it's not canon Trixie is amazing in that too. The writers basically portray Trixie the way ghost suggested, though a tad less tragic.

I'm a PW:AA fan, the moment i heard there was this fan work out there i had to see it, and i have to agree. It was great - i think that they captured Trixie correctly and made some good expansions on her character, canon or not.

• Brohoof 2

As a member of the PW:AA fandom before I ever joined the Brony fandom, it was one of the first things I did as a brony :proud:

I honestly didn't like it too much. It was...meh. I did like Trixie in it, though, for sure :D

Anyway, stumbled across this pretty nifty piece of human Trixie fanart, and I can't help but think Rarity designed that dress :please:

Either way, Trixie has great taste in fashion :proud:

140723___gentle_sorceress_by_scorpdk-d7r

• Brohoof 2