Do you like to go clubbing?

Planty

143 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like to go clubbing?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes
    • Underage

Not at all. I have no interest in hot sweaty people grinding all over one another with blaring music. I mean I'll go to a party here or there with some friends of mine, but not very often. 

I see myself as a more relaxed individual who would rather just hang out with friends than go clubbing or to parties like such. 

No. Just no. You see, I'm pretty (Ok, very) awkward in most social situations and hate parties with large groups of people in it. A club is my idea of hell.

One night, after school, my friend was pestering me to go to the youth club later. So I said I would and went home.

I put on my 'space' themed t-shirt and went down to meet him. 

I walked through the door and my ears were assaulted by loud dubstep (I hate that stuff) and people screaming. I walked over to my friend who was standing in the middle of things with his other friends.I went up and said 'Hi' but he just ignored me and started dancing. Someone came over and laughed at my t-shirt. Some random girl I'd never talked to grabbed my arms and started dancing with me. And then everyone ignored me. I was standing on my own in the corner holding a cup of water (I hate fizzy drinks, which is all they had) waiting for an opportunity to get to the door without being laughed at again.

As soon as I eventually got out (After 2 hours of standing alone) I walked home, teary-eyed.

So yeah, I hate (Youth) clubs. 

• Brohoof 1

for lack of a more eloquent expression, clubbing can suck my dick.

everything about a club seems designed specifically to piss me off. you cant hold a conversation, they NEVER have whiskey, and if they do, it's always JD or Jim Beam, which are the 2 worst whiskeys i've ever tried to stomach, and would cost my eternal soul to buy. and the music is always some god awful abomination unto music

one might say i am not a happy sausage.

If I was still 20 years old, my answer would have been pretty much like most of the others on this thread: clubbings not for me, I’m very shy, I’m anti-social, I never drink, why would I want to be around a bunch of douche bags who would never accept me anyway, etc.   

But I’m 30 now and things have changed.

I voted sometimes, because the only time I go clubbing is when I’m at a furry convention, a sci fi convention, or an MLP convention, which usually only happens once a year. I’m a LOT more comfortable going to a club where I know the people are predominantly geeks like me. I wish I could afford to go to more conventions. (Finding a club that caters to ‘your kind of people,’ be you a sci fi geek or MLP fan or whatever, quickly makes clubbing seem like the best thing ever)

In high school I was the arc typical loner. I was afraid of people, afraid they would reject me or be mean to me, and I thought that I would spend all my days avoiding other people. But this was high school and that was a long time ago. After college I basically said, ‘look, at this point I’m smarter than more than half the world’s population and the people that were popular in high school, well their time has come and gone. I don’t need to be afraid of people anymore because I’ve come to realize that most of the world’s population is rock stupid and I don’t need to be concerned about what they think about me.’ A good rule of thumb, no matter how confident the other people on the dance floor look, they are probably just as insecure as you are.

And yes, I became a drinker, but 99% of the time when I drink it’s just me on the computer writing or watching dvds, which I’m quite content with. The other one percent is when I go to cons, where I actually get to have fun with the social aspect of alcohol. Alcohol lets you cut loose; you do fun things that you would be afraid to do otherwise, and yes while there is a dark side to alcohol, 99% of the time you just end up being silly and talkative and having an awesome time. On a side note: NOBODY ‘likes’ the taste of alcohol. It still tastes bad even if you’re a die hard alcoholic. Basically your favorite drink is whatever you feel goes down easiest (which for me would be Crystal Lake Vodka, or Jagermeister).  

Look, I’m a terrible dancer. Couldn’t dance to save my life, but put a few drinks and me and I’m in the center of the dance floor, and somehow, despite my horrid dancing… people still seem to have fun when I’m around… and that’s a pretty awesome feeling.

I used to have a huge anti-nightclub attitude and categorically refused to go out in a club just because I was sure I would hate it. 

been going out a bit more and I've been to a few night clubs... and I got to admit that it can actually be pretty fun. Basically, it all depends on how drunk you are who you're going with. You're almost guaranteed to have a good time if you go there with friends you like and trust. If you go there alone or with people you hardly know you might not have as much fun as with friends. 

And to me, clubbing is not really about "picking up chicks and stuff". How can you pick up anyone if you can't even hear what they're saying anyway? To me it's all about having fun and dancing and enjoying the night with friends. It can be pretty fun honestly. The only downside is on the next day, since clubbing tends to fuck your sleep schedule a bit! :P

• 4 months later...

I don't.. I did it once.. I hated it.. Sure I have gone to some party's but those are fun! Clubbing is not.. the loud music.. and everyone being so damn close to each other, you can hear what they are thinking... yeah no thank you.

I'll have much more fun, staying home, having some shots, smoking some pot and read some of my MLP comics..

Man, I love going clubbing. I used to try to go out clubbing once or twice a week, but I haven't been able to as of late, you know, 'cause of school and stuff. Anyway, here's a pic of me and a couple friends last time we went out:

ul4fc83f2d.jpg

Oh, you're talking about a different kind of clubbing, aren't you?

Nah, man... I ain't about that life. I can't dance, I greatly dislike the types of music played in such establishments, and if I'm going to drink, it's gonna be in an environment where I have the capability to trebuchet a VW Bus into the neighboring property and handle firearms in an obnoxious manner once I get properly wasted.

• Brohoof 4

I used to out to the local clubs all the time. It was tons of fun. However, February I had a very bad experience. So I would say the only way I would go out clubbing again would have to be if I went with a bunch of guys, so I would be left alone/be protected/feel safe. I hope those of you who do go out are very careful. There are a lot of f****d up people in this world...

There's my 2 cents.

Ps

EDIT: I'm also gonna throw in my favorite club song, just for the heck of it. 

Thissss made me want to get up and dance my heart out. Lol

Edited by Morgielouwho

I tried out the club scene back in my early 20s and I do not get the appeal of awful music at a ridiculous volume, overpriced watered-down liquor, terrible food (if there's food at all), inhaling hundreds of people's worth of cigarette smoke (this would have been back before so many cities passed anti-public-smoking ordinances), and my favorite part, fending off drunken buttheads who think they're entitled to my attention. : /

I'd much rather be someplace where my friends and I could have some actual conversation - a coffeehouse, restaurant, or just hanging out at someone's house.

• Brohoof 1

I hate clubbing. It's crowded, the music sucks, and skeezy guys always see me as a target to rub their junk against. If I wanted that, I'd just let my cat hump my leg. I don't let him do that. Why? Because I don't like being a junk massager.

Do not want.

• Brohoof 1

Nah, i'm too anti-social to go clubbing.

I went to a rave at an anime convention once though. It was more enjoyable since i was surrounded by like-minded people and plenty of friends. And the music was much better. Its a darn shame the convention only comes once a year.

Edited by crazitaco

No. The music is terrible, the people are generally horrible, there's far too many illegal drugs and everyone's fucked out of their faces. It's not a good atmosphere.

Pubs though...I love pubs :D Just a group of people all out to have a fun night and some relaxed drinks. Very different, much better.

To quote Max Payne on Nightclubs:

"This kind of palce made me wanna puke. I needed a real drink to deal with the electronic music and the robotic people."

• Brohoof 1

Well, I've been to under 21 clubs at Ocean city once or twice, and they're ok. Kind of a clusterfuck though, and it's much more fun when you bring friends rather than go alone. Granted, I do tend to have fun by dancing my heart out. The only problem is that red bulls aren't cheap, and getting in costs like 20 bucks, and when I went, I rarely had any money on me, so I got tired out pretty damn fast.

• 1 year later...

Campus usually host some club events every friday, so I'm pretty much over there. I love it. 

I don't like big crowds, drunk people, drinking, popular dance music, or actually people in general. My girlfriend sometimes likes to go out with friends and I occasionally join her, but most of the time I don't. Most recent example of this would be New Year's Eve, where she went into town after the fireworks while I stayed at home watching Korra. Ideal evening, really.

i would probably like to go, but i don´t really have the right friends for that.

besides, i don´t like to drink that much alcohol, and from what people keep telling me, it seems to be pretty much what it´s all about.

I have before. Bottle service and club hopping and all that.

And you know ..

Unless you're a real party animal, it's something you endure so you can tell everyone else you had fun. I don't think it's that great on it's own. It's really hot, it's really loud, and those places are full of the kind of people I'd never voluntarily share space with at any other time. Oh, also it's expensive, so you get to *pay* for it too.

When I do go out at night, it's for more low-key affairs. Quiet(er) dinners and events, theater or exhibits, or just walking to see what you see. With a friend or two, no more than that needed.