Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

i believe that even if the show dies off, the fanbase won't for awhile. but i am optimistic about there being many seasons. i predict at least 7 or 8, but hopefully i am underestimating.

The show might last for a few more seasons, we just have to wait and see if it will still have it's quality intact if it is on air for a very long time.

I think it will be like the last air bender you know? that was pretty Long running...or maybe like phineas and ferb. Who know's. in My Little Dashie  he claimed/predicted it lasted 7-10 years maybe?

Ah truth be told maybe 7, I don't like saying that but all great things come to a end sooner or later. As for the bronies? I know I'll stay I don't mind watching the same episodes over and over been doing that for some time now, now if they end MLP:FIM and try some other MLP I would give it a try but I don't think they can make a MLP as good as FIM. But when the show does end, sadly :( the true fans well stay and keep watching what we have, and keep making fan made stuff.

It will last until Hasbro see's its no longer worth it (sales and merchandise decline). I for some reason don't see it anywhere further than a 5th season but that's just me, each their own.

Even when the show dies, the fan base will still be around........

For a while lol

Since there already is a confirmed fourth season, I'll say they'll go til 6. I will probably like gen 5, but I can't be sure it won't be like gen 3.

I'd already posted this... lol

Edited by Gamer P0N3

Honestly, I imagine that Hasbro understands the size of the fandom. Even if FiM ended, I feel like they would create some kind of spin off series or continuation after the show ended. Even if they didn't, this fandom spans the entire planet. Surely there will be plenty of fan-made content that we could continue it ourselves.

• Brohoof 2

The thing is about ponies is that the fandom is very faithful and loyal. It's less like other shows like Game of Thrones or most anime, where fans come and go with it. It's much more like Doctor Who/Star Wars/Star Trek (huh, they all happen to be sci fi, weird). I feel that even if FiM ends, the fandom will endure for a while. We will also probably have a bunch of G4 lovers who hate the new stuff, but stay anyway (again, like those 3 sci fi shows). This is how I feel, but I'm uncertain. If the fandom is still going strong after season 4, then I'll be much more sure. We already had the hump of season 3, so we need to see how well we survive. I personally like season 3, but I felt that if season 1 was 10, season 2 was turned up to 11, while season 3 stayed at 11. If we can survive the period that separates fads from long running fandoms, this hump that we are currently in, we will definitely be in it for the long haul.

There is so much more I could post about this, like how they've decided to go with a Trading Card Game, which needs to be long term, and how BronyCon doubled it's numbers, or how season 4 is back to 26 episodes, but all signs are currently pointing toward the long haul. We just need to hold out for a bit longer.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well, i never let that part of my life and happiness die even if the shows end or become crappy.

Like some old people talks about World War Two, or Disney's golden age or even the 40's music and atmosphere, some of them keeps those memories as part of their lives, b

• Brohoof 1

I've heard comparisons of the brony fandom being increasingly similar in scope and mentality to Star Trek as a fandom, and I think that's the future of this fandom. To be a series that will never quite die, change for sure, but continue on and have fandoms that spring up around each new iteration with previous fans remaining strongly tied to the series. 

• Brohoof 1

Sorry, wrong button... XD i was saying that our most sacred memories continue with us as old people with the most tracend events of the world.

My little pony has became a full culture, some kind of pseudo-religion something i never see in other cartoons before.

For example, i never see an DBZ OC maker or DBZ confesion (maybe they exist i dunno). Im just saying that MLP: FIM is just a root, the core of the fandom, if Mlp dies, the fandom still rises because we follow Faust's message of love and tolerate more than just a cartoon and perhaps... if FIM finish somepony start to make comics of them, that's one of the keys of the mlp fandom's eternal life, like superman or any comic hero, they just started as a crazy good idea to begin a legacy over the decades, ¿see what im trying to say?

Now i'm asking to everypony this: you think that this fandom hits too high to become as powerful to be considered one of the new legacy of the century?

• 3 weeks later...

I've seen many people are thinking that the making of  seasons 5 and 6 of MLP FiM is possible. And as far as I know, the season 4 will mark the official end of the series with a total of 91 episodes. So, from my point of view, seasons 5 and 6 are not possible to be made.

I would like to know in what are those people based to say there will be Seasons 5 and 6. Or if I'm wrong about this.

What do you think?

It's very hard to know. If they to decide to make more seasons, it will probably just be one more, and well I think they'll be running out of ideas. I don't know what to answer, but I would take a guess and say that we'll get at least one more season after S4 :P

I've seen many people are thinking that the making of  seasons 5 and 6 of MLP FiM is possible. And as far as I know, the season 4 will mark the official end of the series with a total of 91 episodes. So, from my point of view, seasons 5 and 6 are not possible to be made.

I would like to know in what are those people based to say there will be Seasons 5 and 6. Or if I'm wrong about this.

What do you think?

1. There are already many threads like this, just so ya know.

2. The official end? Where did you get this information? I have not seen a single person talk about season 4 being the last season anywhere. Hasbro practically confirmed that season 4 won't be the end of the series, at least overall. (That doesn't mean season 4 couldn't be the end; it just means there has to at least be animated shorts, movies, comics, etc., coming after it.)

3. Season 6 is definitely tentative. Season 5 is basically guaranteed to happen, even if that means it gets cancelled or shortened.

• Brohoof 3

I think that the fanbase of MLP will encourage the writers and directors to keep on going and keep making more. The only obstacle I see in the way is Hasbro, because really, who knows what they'll do.

I hope the show doesn't end any time soon, so for me, Seasons 5 and 6 are fact.

• Brohoof 1

i would say its too early to tell. remember the show is not aimed towards us adult bronies. i feel if the creators see that the little girls that are watching teh show begin to drop they inturn would drop the show. also remember they (the creators, actors and animators) have a buisness to run. if the numbers dont add up...seasons 5 and 6 wont ever be. lets hope that our views count and they will come true.

If season 4 keeps up the quality we are used to ,and from what I have seen and heard so far there is no reason to think it won't :D, and the merchandise sells well I think we will surely see another season. As for season 6 we will just have to wait and see. I don't think they will be running out of ideas anytime soon though. There are many possibilities in the show right now and I think season 4 will make even more. The fans are full if ideas too! I would like the show to reach at least season 10 though even if it's unlikely to happen. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure that we'll get more than four seasons, but you'll never know until we get an official announcement. MLP: FiM is a big moneymaker for Hasbro, so they'll probably be keeping around for a while.

I'd be happy with six seasons; the three that we have, ending with Twilight getting wings, then three more that end the series.  

• Brohoof 1