Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Future of My Little Pony and the Brony Phenomenon

planet news

End of the show and G4  

169 users have voted

1. 1. How many seasons do you think the show will last?

• Three. Next season will be the last, Im afraid.
    • Four. Not a whole lot longer...
    • Five. Might go strong for a while.
    • Six. Its still got some good time ahead.
    • Seven. The show isn't ending anytime soon!
    • Eight or higher. Its gonna be here for a long time!
  2. 2. Will you still be a brony even after the show dies?

• Still gonna be a very strong brony!
    • I might go down a bit, but still be a brony.
    • Im not sure yet.
    • I think Ill stop being a brony.
    • I'll forget I was ever a brony!
  3. 3. What do you think G5 will be like?

• Its gonna be awesome, just like FIM!
    • I think it will be nice, but not as good as FIM.
    • I dont really know yet.
    • It will not really be that good.
    • It will be terrible, just like G3!
    • There really might not be a G5.

There's a magnifying glass to the right of the sign-out button. That's the search tool.

But the fandom will go on for a few more years. The show may end but I'm more than sure the comics will still keep going.

• Brohoof 1

I think the fandom will remain strong for many years afterward. Even when the show ends Hasbro will make another show (hopefully as good as the current one). They would be stupid not to, after all bronies make them a lot of money. So in conclusion I think the fandom will remain strong, and in a few years we will be treated to another MLP show.

There are more than enough fans who have popped up just in the last four years to ensure a fairly healthy fandom long after the show ends. There will almost certainly continue to be fan works, such as art, music, comics and even animations well after the show ends. I would even hazard a guess that there will even continue to be licensed merchandise like T-shirts and comics after the show ends as well, since these are the kind of things Hasbro would just have to sign a licensing agreement for and receive a payment, without actually taking the risk of loss by manufacturing the item. And you can bet that as the average age of fans goes up and more of them start having kids of their own, a new generation will get to see the adventures of Twilight and her friends for the first time all over again.

In short, I think the fandom will continue at near-Star Trek levels of continued interest for years to come.

There's a magnifying glass to the right of the sign-out button. That's the search tool.

But the fandom will go on for a few more years. The show may end but I'm more than sure the comics will still keep going.

a there it is :D thanks :) good to know :)

edit:

but what do you think, i mean even if we would get some more

seasons, wouldnt the show go "bad" ?

at some point we might have  mane 6 alicorns,

an adventure set in saddle arabia (which could be interesting i think)

and ponyville becoming an empire on its own (now im just exaggerating but i hope

i could get my point across)

of course im not speaking about the fan-artists here, only about the official show ;)

Edited by CloudSeeker

I'm forseeing a Star Trek like future for this fandom. It will continue to exist and possibly re-surge in popularity with quality follow ups in the coming generations of MLP (Gen 5 for The Next Generation pls), and even in periods of down time it will still have a fairly faithful following with all the stuff like cons and brony weddings still going strong. It's a cultural phenomenon that I think has grown into something more, considering the amount of people that continue to join despite the meme long having died.

Yes........Yes........that would be so cool, tbh. 

• Brohoof 1

It will shrink massively and will be forgotten by the majority of the internet. Perhaps there will be some jokes about and stuff, but that's all then.

The fandom depends heavily on episodes and maybe the comics will help to keep a little bit livelier but probably not long.

It was afterall founded by trolls on 4chan with the only goal to troll people. That it gained such a popularity was just an asccident.

It will shrink massively and will be forgotten by the majority of the internet. Perhaps there will be some jokes about and stuff, but that's all then.

The fandom depends heavily on episodes and maybe the comics will help to keep a little bit livelier but probably not long.

It was afterall founded by trolls on 4chan with the only goal to troll people. That it gained such a popularity was just an asccident.

thats... a very dark view on things but i can understand.

and i have to admit, that i had not the slightest idea how this

fandom began in the first place.

i guess i have to go read about that now ^^

I don't think the community would die. I think the fandom would keep going a few more years. The show will of course not exist forever, and neither the bronies.

But Hasbro said that they're going to make MLP episodes atleast 3 more years, so that's great. ^^

I'm forseeing a Star Trek like future for this fandom. It will continue to exist and possibly re-surge in popularity with quality follow ups in the coming generations of MLP (Gen 5 for The Next Generation pls), and even in periods of down time it will still have a fairly faithful following with all the stuff like cons and brony weddings still going strong. It's a cultural phenomenon that I think has grown into something more, considering the amount of people that continue to join despite the meme long having died.

I agree with that completely; brony fandoms will not die out easily.

You stole my job! I was supposed to explain that!  :P

Edited by Asterian Starfall
  • Brohoof 1

Considering how big the fandom is, I think it will be quite hard for ponies to just completely disappear in a short time. I mean, Star Trek never died after the show ended. I think this fandom may be similar. But I don't know if it will be the same. It seems when a brony is new and fresh, they are always so happy and nice. Sad to say, sometimes long time going by, and things happen and that changes, therefore causing one to leave, or do things they didn't before. I'm just scared of the fandom in how it may change. But I think ponies will be talked about for a while.

I really hope the day of ponies coming to an end does not come anytime soon, for I will be homeless if it does.

(cool! This was my 200th post)

Edited by PinkiePieJr

The brony community would slowly decline, but not dramatically.  It would take ten years before the last of the fandom dies off.  I'll say FIM lasts another 4-5 years as a show, so the bronies may last until the late 2020s or early 2030s.  That doesn't take into account any revivals, which would probably occur around 2025.  Nonetheless, the bronies post-show will be weak and live in the corners of the internet.

Well, Hasbro has said that the show could go on for 5 more years. A lot can happen in 5 years. I hope that the fandom grows in that time period.

I'm seriously hoping that this fandom doesn't just die. I want to still be part of an active MLP fandom in the future. I don't want being a brony to just be a memory of the past.

Hasbro know has a bunch of adults with credit cards to buy their merch. I'm sure they won't make G5 some horrible toddler show. I mean, they want to keep at least some of these fans right? I don't know.

The fandom will still be around and they have enough content to keep them busy, even when the show is over. It will still continue to grow and at least stay around for five more years.

It will slowly decay. With no show to hold together the ever diverse group of fans, the infighting will get worse and worse with eatch coming year. The infighting will reach a crescendo, with a large chunk of the fandom leaving. After that large chunk has left, the trolls will move in. Shitposting and baiting everyone into rage, they will cut the fandom down to around 12 thousand active members. After that it will continue on in relative silence. Waiting for the day the ponies return to tv.

but isnt the brony community one, that has conventions just for itself if

i am not mistaken? something like bronycon or BABS?

also we are also present on all other possible conventions

(may it be comicon, or anything related with anime/manga)

personally i think thats a very good sign ;)

EDIT:

so we are in gen4 now, right?

would gen 5 possibly mean a new artstyle?

and i suppose that all the canon or "lore" would be abandoned?

Edited by CloudSeeker

Do you think that once MLP: FiM finishes the bronies will pack up and leave or do you think it will linger on like the Star Wars fandom did.

I think it might live on for ever kind of like the Star Trek and Star Wars fandom has, and maybe even increase during gen 5 ponies.

Not sure if there has been a post like this, probably has so whatever.

It'll probably go on until the show ends. After that I doubt bronies will stop liking the show, but with the show over bronies will be in the media far less and brony culture may die down to a quiet fandom instead of being so dominent like we are now.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think anyone can really say.

I'm not going to think that far ahead personally, the fandom is here today and I imagne tomorrow when I click on the link to this website and I'm going to just enjoy it instead of thinking about what might happen when FIM ends 

• Brohoof 2