Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Say Something Nice About Your Least Favorite Episode(s)

Pony Of The Month

• 2 weeks later...

Season One

Nothing too low in quality this season to merit being among my least favorite episodes. I suppose I could mention Bridle Gossip's Flutterguy and overall comedic element. 

Season Two

Hearth's Warming Eve - It added solid history to Equestria and had a rather unique way of conveying it in the form of a stage play. 

Season Three

One Bad Apple - The Babs Seed song was probably this episode's only strong point. 

Season Four

Daring Don't - ...Read It and Weep continuity? 

Power Ponies - Mane-iac. Hands down the most interesting non-premiere-finale antagonist. While her motives are pretty much taking cues from Professor Poofenplotz, I always love to see a psychopath. 

Rainbow Falls - It was nice to see Derpy again, but that's not exactly a prominent part of the episode.

Simple Ways - Nothing. Absolutely nothing. 

Filli Vanilli - Almost a good moral, if it wasn't so terribly executed. This will have to join One Bad Apple in having a groovy song.

Three's a crowd: Discords song montage was funny.

Equestria Games: I related very deeply to the moral

The Mysterious Mare Do Well: I thought Rainbow Dash confronting Mare do well was cool.

Feeling Pinkie Keen: Twi trying to figure out Pinkie was amusing

I don't really hate any episode, but my least favorite is Boast Busters, so I'll say Trixie was pretty cool.

I'll drop my least favorites from each season thus far:

Season 1 Sonic $%#@boom (I've noticed this is what a few people call it when they talk to me about it lol) At least they didn't mess Rarity's character up too badly before they got to Cloudsdale with the scene where she volunteered herself for that spell. Other than that, nearly ruined the show for me. Fuck this episode, I'm cringing at just saying something slightly nice about it, as true as it may be.

Season 2 - Putting Your Hoof Down -   I actually don't dislike this episode, or any S2 episode. I'm not very picky - just don't screw up characterization and it's alright. This one got the characterization down worst, but Iron Will was a funny character and seeing Rarity pull the moves made me swoon :wub:

Season 3 - Sleepless in Ponyville - That ending scene with the race really was lovely.

Season 4 - Rainbow Falls - At least it displayed to the masses what I've been preaching for a long time now - that Corey Powell is an incompetent writer for this series.

Season 1- Boast Busters: I loved Trixie.

Season 2- Putting your hoof down: I... sorta liked.. Iron Will? (Dear Sweet Celestia I HATE that episode I can't believe I'm saying something nice about it!)

Season 3- One Bad Apple: I liked the ending (at the fair).

Season 4- It ain't easy being breezies: The breezies were... kinda cute.

Edited by xXRandomRainbowzXx

Games Ponies Play - The scenery is nice, and the concept of a pony having claustrophobia was touched on.

Boast Busters - At some point, it ends.

Naming least favorite episodes from seasons, eh?

Well.. WELL..

Season 1:

Boast Busters - Decent Humor.. I guess. and the Ursa Minor was pretty cool.

Season 2:

Ponyville Confidential - Diamond Tiara finally gets punished for being a jack.. word that little kids shouldn't say ;) Plus, LOTS O RARITY.  (I didn't dislike this episode, it's just.. flawed beyond belief for me)

Season 3:

Spike at your Service - The humor was decent and the Timberwolves looked cool.

Season 4:

Rainbow Falls - Griffons. Too bad everything else went down a notch in this episode.

Super Squeezy I Don't Remember 6000: Flim & Flam are pretty fun.

Just for Sidekicks: 5/6 pets are cute.

Rainbow Falls: Soarin seems like a nice guy.

It Ain't Easy Being Breezies: It had an okay idea for a moral, even if it did botch it mercilessly.

• 5 months later...

An idea I got from this post by EarthbendingProdigy. Thanks ;)

Exactly what it says in the title. Pick your least favorite episode of Friendship is Magic and say something nice about it. Oh, and make sure it's actually something nice, don't go weaseling out of the challenge by making some backhanded compliment that comes off as an insult. I'm watching you  :okiedokielokie:

I'll go first. My least favorite episode is Spike at Your Service. For all its faults, I actually kind of liked the idea of Spike having his own personal heavily thought out moral code and giving it some really ostentatious name like "The Dragon Code". I think it fits with his character, both in his desires to be more in touch with the dragon part of himself and because it just seems like the cute and silly sort of thing a little dragon kid would do. For a plot device, I could buy it pretty easily.

EDIT: Apparently this was a thread already and I just couldn't find it (despite searching the exact words beforehand...). Whoops  :muffins:

Edited by Eloquence
  • Brohoof 1

I like the fact that Rainbow Dash admits that she writes self insert fanfics in Spike at your Service.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm. This will be a toss up between "Spike at Your Service" and "Somepony to Watch Over Me".

For "Somepony to Watch Over Me", I did like the appearance of the Chimera in the third act; also, we got Applejack in her sassy flame retardant boots.

For "Spike at Your Service", the exchange between Rarity and Rainbow Dash, during which Dash mentions she's writing a novel about a character based on her own fantasies. It's a scene that caused me to laugh aloud upon first viewing.

• Brohoof 1

We got Applejack in her sassy flame retardant boots.

Yeah....flame retardant boots....that's what they are....and nothing else....

medium.gif

Edited by Hypnosparkle
  • Brohoof 2

I love this little scene. It kind of reminds me of how I often react to babysitting.

Pinkie Apple Pie: The only two things I really liked about this episode is Apples to the Core and Big Macintosh's interactions with the other ponies. -3-

Wait, I thought Pinkie Apple Pie was bad? Gee, opinions change overtime. :0
Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 1