Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Say Something Nice About Your Least Favorite Mane 6 Character

Shanks

Edit: since I first wrote this my least favorite mane 6 has changed to Fluttershy because I am starting to like Rarity a bit more.

First let me start by saying that I don't hate or dislike any Mane 6 character they are all great for their own reasons and I have at least one thing I like about them and that even includes my least favorite. In my case my least favorite is Rarity mostly because I feel like her negative traits being vanity and shallowness are over emphasized while her positive traits which I will mention in a moment are under emphasized which for me as a viewer can sometimes be a bit jarring and detracts from her full potential as a character. In the episodes where her positive traits do come out however they have done a fairly decent job of showing them and in one case being the episode A Dog and Pony Show she even used what in most other contexts would be negative traits to outsmart the diamond dogs for that reason that episode is my favorite one focusing on Rarity.

What I do like about Rarity though is that she is a very creative pony, sure fashion is not my thing but the dresses she made for her friends in Suited for Success were impressive and are in my opinion the best example of her element being generosity. Though she dosen't always see eye to eye with her sister, Sweetie Belle who is actually my favorite cutie mark crusader by the way, she does often go to great lengths to make her happy which in many cases includes doing things she wouldn't normally do. While she often does care way too much about what other ponies think about her she has stuck by her friends. She is a fairly complex and varied pony in some situations she can be fairly selfish and vane but in other ones she can also be very loving and giving and I think these may be the traits that makes some people like Rarity.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 6

Kay. Dash.

Dash x Tank is best pet pairing, the nose nuzzling thing is adorable. And her design is quite nice...

That's all I can say.

Dash does have some good lines and facial expressions, and sometimes I can tolerate her voice cracks. there, that's all I can think of right now.

Well, I always have something nice to say about every character. There isn't any character I absolutely despise.

Nonetheless... Rarity is my least favourite, but it's easy to list her good features:

- Makes for good comedy moments

- A great sisterly figure

- Indubitable fashion designing talents

- The most refined and with the best manners
- Tom, 'nuff said.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 4

This isn't even fair! I love all of them! :(

I'd say my least favorite is...is...Applejack. But not by much. I like them all pretty much equally. She's tough, able to handle herself, is agile, and would be incredibly fun to hug. :)

Pinkie Pie is the only pony that can make my day happy no matter how shitty it gets. She also loves everyone deeply no matter how insensitive she can be. Now bring in the Party Cannon Pinkie!

• Brohoof 2

Rarity has very pretty eyeshadow and eyelashes. I guess her mane is alright. White is a pretty good color for her fur. Her cutie mark is a nice touch.

• Brohoof 1

Though I don't like Rainbow Dash much in the show, I think she's incredibly fun to read about (in fanfics). When writing her, I could capture her character pretty much perfectly. This goes for fanfics only, however (except MLD). I could care less about the other media where she shows up.

Pinkie Pie is...jumpy.

• Brohoof 1

Well I actually don't really hate any of the Mane 6. So this should be mostly simple.

My least favorite is Applejack. Some good things...

- Shes got alot more character development this season, much more likeable in my opinion now.

- She has some nice humor moments especially recently.

- "I didn't learn anything" was like the best letter to Princess Celestia in the show, or atleast one of the best in my opinion.

- She has a really nice singing voice

- Shes southern.. Thats a plus right? Or is that me being biased? Hehe :).

I think that shall suffice. Needless to say shes my least liked, but I certainly don't hate her, I just love others more then her.

• Brohoof 1

Applejack is still a perfectly good character, she just doesn't stand out as much as the others in my opinion. Does that count as saying something nice? 

More specifically, I really like her relationship with Applebloom.

• Brohoof 1

Applejack is so honest that she would fail at being a politican. So she has that going for her.

Also I like her hard working nature.

I could just imagine a fanfic or maybe even an episode where Applejack is elected mayor of Ponyville, it would be hilarious. 

• Brohoof 2

I could just imagine a fanfic or maybe even an episode where Applejack is elected mayor of Ponyville, it would be hilarious. 

If politicans were honest satire would be reality. It would be mind numbingly hilarious if politicians actually said the truth, even if it wasn't Applejack.

If politicans were honest satire would be reality. It would be mind numbingly hilarious if politicians actually said the truth, even if it wasn't Applejack.

Satire might as well be reality with all the ridiculous things politicians do now, the only difference being they don't tell the truth about it but it comes out anyway. The few times Applejack has lied she has failed at it pretty hard, the awkward smile she did in the Crystal Empire two parter where she said "I don't know if id believe me" brought back a few memories of times I tried to lie. 

• Brohoof 1

Since I have three competing for this spot, I'll guess I'll make a !!TRIPLE POST!!

Rainbow dash can be aggravating at times, but she doesn't try too hard to be unemotional and really does care.

Applejack is easily the most dependable of friends, always the first to be selfless when she sees it is needed.

Pinkie Pie only really cares about sharing/creating other people's happiness, instead of making her own

A bizarre hybrid of a Forum Game and a discussion topic, this is.

Rarity is one of the very best at displaying feminine charm, in fact she pretty much emulates it. I like the small inputs she gives to situations. Her reaction to one of my favorite scenes in the latest episode made the scene all the cuter, for example. The hoof on her chest. The way her VA does the reaction, it's all perfect. She's fairly good at that.

>Good topic idea. Tie down all the die-hard character haters in here for a few hours and let's see if they stop being so bitter.

• Brohoof 3

Well, by the time you read this post, it might be either Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie, so I decided to cover both bases, just in case I switch my least favorites. Again. 

Pinkie Pie is my current least favorite (I think), but I love how she is such a "people pony". She's friends with everyone in town, and while many characters of this type are depicted as shallow or uncaring, Pinkie Pie is the bestest friend a pony could have. But like those character types, when she finds out that someone doesn't adore her... well...

Fluttershy had two brilliant episodes in Season 2, and Hurricane Fluttershy in particular. And yes, that one episode is something plenty nice to say about her.

• Brohoof 1