Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

Last week saw Moshi  Monsters The Movie on cable It was Rainbooming awesome why? Sound familiar Villain in movie Dr, Strange Glove wants destroy the magical world of Moshi hating anything to do with cute and love yes it has the same story like MLP friendship is magic enjoy ! Plus today saw Frozen II in 3-D fantastic lifelike.

• Brohoof 1

"Gemini Man" 7/10 Not bad as the RT said.. it was just an okay action pack movie to pass the weekend's time. 

• Brohoof 1

Phone Booth (2002).

Mediocre and disappointing film with a very terribly written ending that totally devalues the movie, and not to mention the sniper's "motives" are thoroughly debunked by his own BS throughout the movie. Also, I hated most of the characters in this film, even some I feel like the movie didn't want to be unlikable. 6/10.

Edited by AngelDustlicious
  • Brohoof 1

Pulse (2005) - I kept hearing good things about this film, so I finally got around to watching it. The first thing that threw me off was the pace, it was incredibly slow and off-putting. Second was the exposition, or more accurately, lack thereof. Seriously, it's not until you get to the final act of the film that you finally have some grasp of what's going on, at least on first viewing. Third, the metaphorical details of the film just completely flew over my head. I will admit though, the tone was definitely nailed, and there were some genuinely creepy parts. Personally though, I prefer films with a more consistent pace and full exposition. I will not deny that this was definitely an experience, though. If anything, at least watch it once.

Attack the Block - a fun alien invasion film that's just pure entertainment.

• Brohoof 1

Requiem for a Dream (2000).

A great film that I have no idea how Rotten Tomatoes rates only a 79% (which albeit isn't that low, but it deserves a bit more). The film's writing is absolutely great, and some of the acting is top notch. Also the ending may be really really bad for everyone, but it really does fit the subject matter. Only real con here is that Jared Leto's acting here, is just lackluster compared to everyone else. 9/10.

Edited by AngelDustlicious
Posted one of these mini-reviews for Her (2013).
  • Brohoof 1

Her (2013).

It's not really fresh on my mind as I give this review, but this film was absolutely solid. One of the best of a very trite and generic romantic drama genre, it (in general) delivers on a solid premise with great voice acting from Scarlet Johansson and also great acting by Joaquin Phoenix (same actor who played Arthur Fleck from the new Joker film, and apparently his performance in Joker wasn't really his only great performance).  My gripes, though, are that it is somewhat forgettable as all romantic films are, but also the ending was... not particularly appropriate to the subject matter, and was an unwelcome twist. 8/10.

The Wicker Man (1973)

Pretty solid horror film, though it really seems like it would not appeal to the modern palette for a variety of reasons. Chiefly, that it doesn't shove the horror in your face and saves it until the very end. But the discerning and not braindead viewer will appreciate the underlying sense of dread of the set-up from the very beginning. Also people who somehow think this is worse than the 2006 remake have no taste. 9.25/10.

Today I watched Playmobile The Movie before you rant that it's a rip off of Legos movie ask yourself this Brony friends and Pegasister because there is several too many Rainbooming building sets that copy or are similar to one another! So plus a Awesome Wonderbolts flyer as myself Rainbow Dash don't listen to what fans or critics say about a movie I enjoy it for what it is in my heart.

Surprise Playmobile the Movie has something that Legos movies don't have A fantastic James Bond theme go see it to enjoy it not what others think about this movie who cares if people say it's a ripoff if not be excited to watch this movie for what it's worth.

Edited by rainbowdashacademy

Don’t know if many people know of the movie, but it is called Midway. It’s a movie based off one of America’s greatest battles during WW2 in the Pacific against the Japanese. Check it out it’s an inspiring movie!

Hereditary (2018) and Midsommar (2019).

Hereditary was the better film of the two. The film was genuinely frightening and didn't pull its punches when it came to scares, though it also didn't feel cheap either. The scares felt genuine, and more horrifying than you get in most in-your-face horror films these days. The plot is also quite interesting. Though if one thing bogged it down, I have to say I was not a fan of the supernatural element to it. I generally end up preferring horror films more grounded in reality. Still an 8.5/10 film underrated by tasteless audiences.

Midsommar was a bit worse... At times I wasn't sure of whether what I was watching was a horror film. The film pretty much never was in any way frightening, just slightly unsettling. It is more grounded in realism than Hereditary, but in this case it was at the cost of actual horror. I could definitely see the same director was behind it, but that fact honestly was disappointing after watching Hereditary, which was superior in almost every way... I'd rate it 6/10, it was an OK film, but one that seems a little overrated.

Edited by Le Angel Dust

Elf.

Son of a nutcracker that movie is good 

On 12/9/2019 at 8:11 AM, Rarity the Snowperior said:

Jumanji: Into the Jungle.

MV5BODQ0NDhjYWItYTMxZi00NTk2LWIzNDEtOWZi

It was quite a bit better than I recall, actually. I was pleasantly surprised to be sure.:grin:

I LOVE THAT MOVIE

• Brohoof 1

Dunno really, I think my last watched movie is Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, even if I didn't really watch it so much as have it on in the background while I worked on something.

• Brohoof 1

American Gangster (2007).

Honestly a really great film aside from the dumb unnecessary subplot with the Detective's kid that went nowhere whatsoever. It features some great performances from actors like Denzel Washington, Frank Levine (you know Stottenmeyer from Monk), and Russell Crowe. It also has an interesting story that really keeps the audience invested in it for the three hours of length. I mean I really don't have any major gripes aside from that subplot (which unfortunately is a pretty major gripe, because it's an awful stain on an otherwise amazing movie). 8.5/10.

Edited by Le Angel Dust
  • Brohoof 1