Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Worst-Fears Door

Derpular

Hello! Just curious- what do you think the other ponies would have seen behind the door that shows your worst fears? I'm really interested to hear everypony's thoughts. The rest of the mane 6, other characters, background ponies- whoever you can think of, but if you have an idea, this is the place to share it! 

http://soapie-solar.deviantart.com/art/CMC-s-Worst-Fear-337362848

^ Here's a good thought about the CMC. I remember seeing a good Pinkie Pie one somewhere, too, but I can't find it.

• Brohoof 6

Pinkie's might be something along the lines of all her friends falling into horrendous, terrible slumps, and when she tries to cheer them up, instead of being enlightened and risen in spirit, they simply snap at her and tell her she's obnoxious.

Dash is losing her ability to fly, maybe. I believe that same artist you linked to did one about Dash suddenly being incapable of flight. Becoming an Earth Pony and losing that sense of open freedom would tear her mind apart.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

I'm just guessing that everyone's worst fear will either be them failing in their lives, not achieving their goals or become lonely in the future without any support or friends by their side. I know that would be my fear in life ;_;

(edit) For example:

Twilight failing a test/exam and Princess Celestia, her friends and family are all disappointed and reject her.

Rainbow Dash gets rejected from the Wonderbolts because she's too slow and everyone leaves her.

Fluttershy's friends ditch her as well as her animal friends, leaving her with nothing.

Pinkie Pie is left out and rejected from everyone because no one wants to be her friend anymore

Rarity's dresses are frowned upon and a terrible rumor spreads out through Equestria saying that she has the worst dresses

Applejack loses her farm and family so she's left alone by herself with no one to talk to.

Edited by Rainbow Dash Loyalty
  • Brohoof 4

Pinkie Pie's fear would have to be not being able to smile, not having parties, and being called obnoxious while her friends are too busy being very sad while they are down in the dumps.

Applejack's fear would be losing her honesty, losing her family & friends, and not being able to see Apple Bloom get her cutie mark or even being able to see Twilight successfully do her duties as a princess.

(edited)

Rainbow Dash - A flight accident leaving her paralyzed for life. Never to fly, walk, or play with her friends ever again. A has-been who could have been a Wonderbolt once, now afforded no more life than staring at a ceiling and eating through a tube.

Pinkie Pie - Her friends leaving and abandoning her. Being left a shadow of her former self, to party in solace for as long as she lives. An old mare throwing parties that nopony will ever attend.

Rarity - A fall from grace. Rarity's fine fashions were once the talk of Equestria, but as fads come and go, so did she. A moment in the spotlight may be enough for most ponies, but Rarity thought it would last forever. Why couldn't it last forever?

Fluttershy - Being made a public spectacle, a pariah. Her actions bringing her shame that will haunt her every day of her life. Foals pointing and asking "is that Fluttershy?" before their mother pulls them away.

Applejack - The Apple Family drifting apart and going their separate ways. Reunions getting thinner and thinner until they eventually just stop altogether. Tending a dying crop until the day she collapses in the field, with only the crows to mourn her.

Cutie Mark Crusaders - They wanted cutie marks that represented their ambitions, their goals, their passions. Life had other ideas. Now, doomed to lives of destitution and monotony, the three friends can only think back to what could have been, and reminisce about when their future was uncertain. A skydiving cutie mark would have been so great!

Edited by RWG
  • Brohoof 4

Pikie Pie - Same Situation as in Party of One. Just without happy ending.

Rarity - Being totally disgraced as a designer and never again respected by upper class ponies.

Rainbow Dash - Uhm... difficult. Losing the ability to fly and/or being rejected by the wonderbolts forever.

Applejack - Losing even the rest of her family... *sniff*

Fluttershy - Being bullied by a big bunch of dragons.

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash: losing her ability to fly, it would be the ultimate nightmare for the mare that has dreams of being a Wonderbolt fueled in large part by her need for speed.

Pinkie Pie: We saw a huge hint at what her fears are during her Pinkamena freak out in Party of One

Rarity: Her getting cockroaches, okay shameless plug for this fanfic I am working on aside I think it would be her fashion career going under. The world of fashion can be quite fickle at times and Pinkie Pie said it best "fashion is her passion."

Fluttershy: How about everything? In all seriousness though even if she isn't the most social pony losing her connection to animals would probably be truly devastating to her.

Applejack: Not living up to and honoring the memory of her parents. We saw this big time in Apple Family Reunion where she tried way too hard to make everything perfect it spoke to me in a way unlike any other episode has.

Pinkie Pie - Everyone in Ponyville calls her annoying, they refuse to be her friends and she is forced to hold parties with inanimate objects.

Rarity - Everyone hates her dresses and she would probably close carousel boutique to avoid further ridicule.

Applejack - The Apple family loses the Apple farm to the Flim Flam brothers, they become homeless, unable to care for themselves and the rest of the Apples don't want to help.

Fluttershy - She ends up going back to Cloudsdale, she is forced to go back to flight camp and is bullied by others for being the only adult pony at the camp.

Rainbow Dash - She loses the ability to perform a Sonic Rainboom, she constantly crashes and the Wonderbolts label her the worst flyer in Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

I'll go for random ones.

Celestia: Luna becomes nightmare moon again and teams up with Discord,plunging everything into chaos.

Derpy: She is beaten and thrown out of town for being so clumsy.

Trixie: Everypony ignores and hates her and Twilight mocks her.

Discord: Nothing chaotic or random happens at all anymore and Fluttershy tells him they'll never really be friends.

Shining Armor: Cadance dies while giving birth to his child who also dies. His sister hates him and never talks to him again.

Cadance: Shining Armor is tricked once again by Chrysalis who steals her kingdom and her husband.

Blueblood: He gets dirt on his hoof.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Octavia: She loses her cello forever and is kicked out of Canterlot's Symphony Orchestra.

Colgate: She finds out no-pony cares about brushing their teeth and everypony loses their teeth to gingivitis, including Colgate.

Twist: Truffle Shuffle rejects Twist after she gives him Hearts and Hooves Day card.

Cheerilee: All her students go out of control and she is subsequently fired from her job.

Luna: Being banished to the moon for another 1000 years.

Edited by Sterling Crimson

Blueblood: He gets dirt on his hoof.

XD 
This made me laugh. It's so perfect. In all seriousness, though, all of yours were good. All of everyone's have been good, actually. I love reading these ideas /)^3^(\

The Mane six are pretty well covered in thsi thread, so I'll just say I agree with everyone else here and expand a bit on some of the other characters instead:

The CMC:  Being disowned by Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash after failing to find their cutie marks.

Mayor Mare:  Being booted out of office after major political scandal

Luna:  Seeing that the voices/temptation that made her Nightmare Moon never went away.

Discord:  Find himself the member of a fascist, communist state where he no longer has the ability to create chaos

Diamond Tiara:  Daddy goes bankrupt and she's now living in the poor house

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Applejack - Her family leaves her and all of her hardwork is for naught when she loses the farm

Rainbow Dash - She loses her ability to fly, gets rejected by the Wonderbolts and everyone hates her

Rarity - She's unfabulous. She loses her beauty, her sister leaves her, her dresses become uglier and rejected, her business goes under

Pinkie Pie - She loses her happiness

Fluttershy - Deals with the bully Dragons, all animals fear her

CMC - They can never get her cutie marks, their respective sisters reject them

Celestia - Someone very close to her gets Nightmare Moon'd

Luna - Has to deal with Nightmare Moon again

Edited by Godot

• 2 weeks later...

rarity: ugly dresses and no fashion/style  

twilight sparkle: cast aside by celestial and  all her books burned and destroyed 

fluttershy: no animals like her 

pinkypie: cant make people laugh 

rainbowdash: isnt fast and cant fly 

applejack: no apples 

luna: banished  too the fecking moon forever 

celestia banished to the sun 

I think the worst fear of all among the ponies is loosing each other forever. I mean sure Rainbow Dash and or Twilight can't do anything with out their Wings/Horn respectively, but without the support of their loved ones I think they will be an emotional wreck.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think I'm in a dark mood today:

Applejack - Finding Applebloom's gravestone. It was a suicide.

Pinkie Pie - A complete, empty void. No happiness, no ponies, no smiles. Nothing. Forever.

Rainbow Dash - Losing her wings, having all of her friends forget who she is, and leaving her in the streets to rot

Rarity - Working in a sweatshop with no originality or creativity permitted

Fluttershy - Standing on trial for a murder, with all eyes on her

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

rainbow dash: losing her ability to fly and her one true gift. or pissing off the wonderbolts and becoming publicly ridiculed.

rarity: rarity is given the choice between her real friends, and her high society friends. she betrays her real friends for her high society friends and discovers that they were only pretending to like her to toy with her emotions and her reputation is ruined. when she tries to apologize to her old friends they refuse to have anything to do with her and she is left all alone.

fluttershy: her worst fear is herself. on the other side of the mirror she is forced to watch as her "dark" side unleashed upon those she cares about. she begs her dark side to stop hurting her friends, but is helpless. and unable to stop the madness.

applejack: losing the farm and being unable to take care of her family. the separation/destruction of her family is her greatest fear.

pinkie pie: being unable to make her friends happy or feeling hated by them, causing her to spiral into a deep depression that she can't escape. her worst fear is abandonment

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 2

Zecora- Never being understood by those around her.

Mr. and Mrs. Cake- Sugar Cube Corner goes out of business

Queen Chryssalis- Her kingdom starving.

Cranky Doodle Donkey- Never finding Matilda.

Am I the only one to realize what we're talking about? I guess I am. We're speaking about Room 101! Oh, this shall be delightful. Someone call in O'Brien, we have thought-criminals to cure.

Now, what would the Party use against these poor little ponies?

For the Mane Six in general, I believe a bit of irony is in order. To break them, you must simply use their strengths (their elements) and somehow twist them into firing back on them. For most, all that is required is convincing them their deeds have been used to enable evil or have been exploited - convince them that the world is undeserving of their help and you shall break them. When they feel that the world is hopeless, offer them the aid of the Party. Convince them that the Party shall make everything right again, that under its rule these people will be cured of their evils. And they shall be yours.

And don't forget, 2 + 2 = 5.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

When they feel that the world is hopeless, offer them the aid of the Party. Convince them that the Party shall make everything right again, that under its rule these people will be cured of their evils. 

This creepy 1984 thing sounds great and all, but I don't think Pinkie Pie would like the idea of parties being used in such a way.

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Haha, I'm sorry the CMC's worst fear is funny to me, in a sorta sadistic way I guess tongue.png.

Anyways since we already know Twilights I'm gonna do some quick on the spot brainstorming on what I think the others would fear most.

Fluttershy: This ones sorta tricky I actually think. Fluttershy has alot of fears, but I think really any scenario of Public humiliation like she had in her childhood which she showed and overcame in "Hurricane Fluuttershy" would probably be it.

Pinkie Pie: I think that her failing to make her friends happy, or even worse actually making her friends more sad would be her worst fear, maybe even losing her ablity to make anypony smile, or possibly losing all her friends. Pinkie's could really be alot of things, although due to it causing her to go insane in "party of one" i'm gonna go with her losing all of her best friends, meaning the mane 6 abandon her.

Rainbow Dash: I think her getting shot down and being told that she isn't worthy of being in the wonderbolts, or maybe having the wonderbolts tell her she has no skill. Although her losing her ability to fly altogether would be very tragic, as it would mean she would have no chance what so ever of ever impressing the wonderbolts.

Rarity: I think having any popular dress maker tell her that her designs are not good or something like that would be along the lines of her worst fear. But idk, while thats what caused her to breakdown in "Suited for Success" I'm not sure if that truly is her total worst fear. This one I find kinda tricky.

Applejack: I think Applejack's is a bit complicated to, but I kinda have this feeling that it might be losing applebloom, I mean shes basically Applebloom's mother, I think a mother typically losing her child is a very very big fear. So I really wouldn't be suprised if that is what Applejack's worst fear is. And really its the best one I can think of. Yes losing Granny Smith would be tragic for her, but I don't think she'd have quite the same guilt or hurt from losing her since shes not in charge of Granny Smith and doesn't have to look out for her as much as Applebloom.

Theres some quick thoughts on this, just stuff I came up with on the spot kinda :P.

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1