• Jazz
    • Classical
    • Blues
    • Pop
    • Other (Explain)
    • Alternative
    • Country
    • Folk

Generally my favorite is Heavy Metal/Hard Rock in general. Thrash, Speed, Death, I really don't care for the specifics, I like it anyways, usually.

This might've been a bumped thread, but I don't give two flying fucks because THIS RIGHT HERE IS MY KIND OF THRED, AN LET ME NOW TELL Y'ALL ABOUT MY MUSIC TASTES.

Being completely serious this time, of course!

Now, what I like: Electronic, for most of the part, leaning more towards the harder genres, such as speedcore, gabber, breakcore (pretty much my 3 musical anthems), hardcore, hardstyle, and darkcore, but I enjoy almost everything related to electronic music; drum 'n bass, psychedelic trance, house, you name it, there's almost nothing I don't like, with the exception of some dubstep songs, or brostep songs, as they've been labeled by some. Generic, shitty, mainstream dubstep songs, which has almost no melodical elements at all, and fucking horrible bass-drops. THAT is one thing I hate.

I also enjoy rock music, mostly punk rock (I'd say I'm sort-of a semi-punker, myself. I like the attire), some metal, softer rock songs, and instrumental rock. And some other stuff, such as pop-music (not the fucking horrible music on the radio, but stuff like Imogen Heap, Michael Jackson, or, you know, GOOD pop-music), reggae (Bob Marley and Max Romeo), and other stuff that have good melodies to them.

I do not like music with way too much focus on vocals. Vocals are good, but there needs to me a melodic hamony between vocals and instruments. One reason I hate Idol and the like.

I'm also generally accepting towards stuff that just sounds good. I love music, so I'm generally open-minded about what I like.

Edited by Viscra Maelstrom

Thrash and Progressive Metal. And Ambience. Yeah.

Before, I used to listen to a lot of underground rap, and then I started listening to System of a Down. And then I thought, 'Rap's a bit... cruddy, aint it?'. Now, I have to adjust to listening to other music because I've shut myself out from any other genre of music period...

Ba-dump.

Any last.fm users?

http://lastfm.dontdrinkandroot.net/ has some fancy gadgets that can give you a fancy visual representation of the artists you listen to/etc.

Mine is in the spoiler.

Posted Image

... a veritable cluster of mishmashed genres, as always.

... I listen to too much Japanese shit.

Edited by Zoop

Artists:

Posted Image

Genres (Tags):

Posted Image

That's interesting because it uses popular tags for what I listen to and not the way I actually tagged them but it's still pretty accurate.

Edited by Envy

I tend to like more than I dislike.

Rock, rap, classical, country, techno, pop, and many of their respective subgenres.

I tend to dislike music that has a lot of screaming, growling, whining, or lyrics that try too damn hard to be shocking or 'hardcore'

^This.^

It really depends on my mood. I can listen to rock or electronic music when I'm excited, classical or pop when I'm feeling happy, psyche or trance or tribal when I wanna dream... something upbeat when happy, sad when down, dark when angry...

I've even taken a liking to some dubstep or hip-hop, even though the former can be excessive and the latter boring. Good music do exist among those (such as Ice Ice Baby from Vanilla Ice), you just gotta know the right artists (or know somepony who does).

However, things like metal, screamo, punk... are too much for me. Also underground rap, the prose-and-steady-beat kind, ew.

Edited by Feather Spiral
  • Brohoof 1

On the subject of music, Finesthour... isn't the quote in your sig from Gonna Go Far Kid, by The Prodigy?

With a thousand lies and a good disguise,

Hit'em right between the eyes, hit'em right between the eyes;

When you walk away, nothing more to say,

See the lightning in your eyes, see them running for their lives!

<3

On the subject of music, Finesthour... isn't the quote in your sig from Gonna Go Far Kid, by The Prodigy?

Speaking of which, did you hear about how much shit they got because they were chosen to headline the Download Festival?

With a thousand lies and a good disguise,

Hit'em right between the eyes, hit'em right between the eyes;

When you walk away, nothing more to say,

See the lightning in your eyes, see them running for their lives!

<3

Eeyup.

I love the song, so freking much.

• 1 month later...

I personally listen to a lot of different music, I enjoy classic rock, alternative rock(Offspring is really good) classical music, Jazz, Electronic (house usually, some dubstep is alright), and Chiptune. On the topic of metal I find some bands enjoyable, Megadeth has some pretty cool songs. Also how can anyone not like Weird Al Yankovic, great parodies. Also my favorite brony music artisits would have to be Alex S. (obviously), WoodenToaster, and NotACleverPony.

So in general I like to mix things up.

I typically listen to music that's woefully out of date. The 80's, the 90's, and the early 2000's are some of my favourites. I don't like rap except for Eminem, who I love. Video game music composes most of my library, most of it from Final Fantasy. For non-video game, I guess I seem to like alternative, rock, and a bit of pop. Cheesy boy bands from the 90's and the Spice Girls are especially my thing. Oh and sometimes I like stuff in Japanese.

My favourite band out of all of them would have to be Coldplay though.

I like a bit of everything!

Those these days I mostly listen to electronic artists I find over the Internet (Lapfox Trax, Futret, Skrillex, Deadmau5, NotACleverPony).

I enjoy just about anything parody because the music can be crap as long as it makes me laugh it's great!

Though I particularly like Parody Rap since I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but I guess that's why it's so fun! (Examples: The Lonely Island, Swagberg) I even plan to write a few since it would be very ironic for a white kid with zero rap skills. Though I'm a clever writer! :P

Also lately I've been getting out of the Post-Hardcore, Metalcore, and Deathcore (all can be listed as "Screamo") genres because they're starting to annoy me, but one group I still enjoy is Enter Shikari since they mix elecronic music in with Post-Hardcore genre (often called Electronicore) and they sound really angry and sing about issues in society. They sound like they're trying to start a revolution which is pretty cool!

Anyway that's a few things I listen to though it frequently changes depending on what I find or my mood! :P

Well, I started the Metal thread on this forum so... there's that.

Other than that, I listen to quite a few things. Folk, hip-hop, punk, techno, dubstep, a little country, ska... whatever peaks my fancy at the time.

I mostly avoid Top 40 radio like the plague, if I can help it.

Mostly VGM here: My playlist tends to have music from games like Megaman X, Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Donkey Kong Country... I DO listen to some music not from video games, though. The tackiness of country and the people dressing like pop star cowboys, as well as the lyrics, make me avoid it. Pretty much, I listen a VGM I like, then find out it's genre and try out a "real" song in it. How I started listening to Metal.

Symphonic Metal, Folk Metal, Orchestral, Classical, Soundtrack, etc.

I'm fond of every genre, though, discluding rap. I may have fallen asleep a few times due to it. To specific artists, I don't favor anyone you would hear on common radio. I never avert my attention to the lyrics, but when I do out of curiosity, I receive the urge to assault the nearest window with my head.

Edited by Private Pansy