Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DITR

-Seasons Five and Six took the beautifully-crafted characters from the first four seasons and proceeded to drag them through the mud in terms of characterization, with Twilight, Rarity and Rainbow Dash getting hit the hardest

-Twilight Sparkle is not good princess material

-Discord should not have been redeemed

-Starlight Glimmer should not have been redeemed

• Brohoof 1

I have no problem with the concept of Starlight Glimmer being reformed, but my main problem would be that of the execution of it.

And to be honest, I wasn't really that big of a fan of her in the season 5 premiere as a villain either.

I was liking her more in the season 5 finale, before her pretty weak backstory, and rushed out reformation happened.

• Brohoof 2

Discord has been 99.99% neutered since his reformation.

The sixth season finale was a waste of airtime. The second season finale was pretty awful too, but least that had a good fight scene with the Mane Six. I literally didn't care about seeing Starlight Glimmer, Reformed Discord and Trixie doing anything, let alone being the focus of a two part finale and saving the day like the friggin Powerpuff Girls.

• Brohoof 3

Reformations are almost always a good thing--they're in the spirit of the show.

Starlight Glimmer's guilt is punishment enough, and she's effectively been sentenced to a lifetime of community service. She doesn't need more punishment.

• Brohoof 3

I think the map is a very interesting concept, and I really like its episodes. I think it's pretty cool how it summons them to solve a seemingly small problem, but in the process it ends up inspiring various other ponies and solving a bigger problem than intended. That's why I don't like Top Bolt so much, and while the episode is actually pretty good I simply dislike how the map only summoned them to solve the problem with the two pegasi and nothing else.

• Brohoof 1

-Season 5 was an absolute masterpiece

-Diamond Tiara is still an awful character even after reformation, despite her song in Crusaders of the Lost Mark (Pony I Wanna Be) being the best freaking song in the entire series 

-Pinkie Pie's characterizations were ruined as early as Luna Eclipsed

-Pinkie Pie used to be my favorite character on the show, from seasons 2-6, she has become downright intolerable

-Rarity is a vexation of the spirit

-Rainbow Dash was much better before the writers tried to force depth into her character

-Twilight is one of the few characters who have gotten more and more likable as the series has gone on

-Winged Twilight was the best thing to happen in a two-parter other than the introduction of Discord

-The scene in which Fluttershy tells off Pinkie and Rarity in Putting Your Hoof Down is glorious

-Starlight Glimmer has become a more interesting character after reformation

-The song "Smile, smile, smile" is vastly overrated; not bad, mind you, but not nearly as good as people make it out to be

-I preferred Luna's design in the second episode of the series instead of the one from Luna Eclipsed and onwards

-Sleepless in Ponyville is the worst of the three "Luna dream invasion" episodes. SiP is 3rd, FWtSBT is 2nd, and B&G is 1st (note SiP is still quite good, but not nearly as good as the other two imo)

-Bloom & Gloom is the best episode in the entire series

-The Times they are a Changling is the worst episode in the entire series

-Season 2 is the worst season

-Season 3 was a huge improvement and return to form for the series after S2

-Derpy's voice in the second take of her infamous talking scene in season 2 was superior to the original take

-Equestria Girls: Friendship Games was the best of all the EQG movies by far

-Legend of the Everfree was one of the biggest pony-related dissappointments I have experienced since i started watching in 2011

-Mysterious Mare-Do-Well wasn't the worst episode of season 2 (in fact, it wasn't the second or third worst either; forth maybe)

-Laren Faust getting booted off the show was probably for the best considering how good seasons 4-6 have been

-The animations in season 1, while less fluid and expressive, were more aesthetically pleasing as they looked less "cartoony" and more natural 

Edited by ChocolateCrane

• I found fluttershy as annoying two-face and my least favorite pony. That not being cute that just being a cry baby

hate the new changelings' looks. 

Changelings reform is a huuuuge mistake. *giving out love to live rather feed off love? yeh completely ruin it.

Tired of villains being blast with cheap magic.

Triek is the #1 villain. 

I actually like the fighting scene  in Twilight's kingdom. 

Edited by Satrox

Diamond Tiara shouldn't been reformed and now she's disappeared into thin air.

The songs in EQG are okay. I don't hate them.

Discord is better off as a villain.

Make Spike something more than just an assistant.

I want the show to stay within the original audience and don't allow it go off the rails just to appeal to Bronies.

Fuck the season 6 finale, it's probably the worst episode of the show.  

Though I'm having a hard time between it, Every Little Thing She Does and the Season 5 finale for that spot. 

It follows the "Promising Premise That Never Goes Anywhere" rut that MLP has fallen into

S5: "BEHOLD, THE CUTIE MAP! and ANOTHER TWILIGHT SPARKLE CLONE!" - "LOL, we never go anywhere new and the villain gets redeemed via an awful backstory that glues another Idiot Ball to the pile that's growing on Twilight's head"

S6: "BEHOLD, A NEW ALICORN BABY!" - "LOL, we're not gonna tell you how Alicorns work"

Don't know if this is really an unpopular opinion, but the comics have done a significantly better job at handling the Wonderbolts than the show tenfold

• Brohoof 3

- Sometimes I dislike Spike. Because he says things without realizing he may hurt somepony (he specially tends to remember to starlight what she did at S5) Also he's kinda annoying imo

- At the same time when Spike sung the Equestria Games theme, i didnt find it cringeable.

• Brohoof 2

I actually kinda like Flash Sentry. Sure he isn't the most interesting character, but I like his design, voice acting, and feel like he was fleshed out a little bit with his FG short and I was happy with what happened with him Legend of Everfree.

• 2 weeks later...

-Discord should not have been redeemed

-Starlight Glimmer should not have been redeemed

None of the villains should have.

Fuck the season 6 finale, it's probably the worst episode of the show.  

Though I'm having a hard time between it, Every Little Thing She Does and the Season 5 finale for that spot. 

Slice of life would like a word.

I hold the unpopular opinion that all episodes of the show are amazing, as are all characters therein. Different levels of amazing, yes, but amazing nonetheless. I also refuse to subscribe to the notion of 'OOC' behaviour, as I've heard a quote from a psychologist saying something along the lines of 'practically nothing is out of character for a person; given the right circumstances practically anyone is capable of practically anything'. People are too complex to summarise in a single concept of 'character'.

• Brohoof 5

I don't like Princess Luna nearly as much as the fandom likes her.

Also, I don't like Sombra or Discord or Chrysalis or really any of the villains. I'm not saying they're bad villains, I just don't really like them. Discord can be neat sometimes, I guess. They're just not that great to me.

I hate the mane 6 and view they should get written off somehow but its never going to happen.

Thankfully they won't be. Can't Poochie (Starlight Glimmer) drag the show down more than she already has.

I hold the unpopular opinion that all episodes of the show are amazing, as are all characters therein. Different levels of amazing, yes, but amazing nonetheless. I also refuse to subscribe to the notion of 'OOC' behaviour, as I've heard a quote from a psychologist saying something along the lines of 'practically nothing is out of character for a person; given the right circumstances practically anyone is capable of practically anything'. People are too complex to summarise in a single concept of 'character'.

THIS IS A TRUE UNPOPULAR OPINION. I will take this comment to heart, damn, i feel like being enlightened today...

Edited by Lambdadelta