Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What reference to EqG would you like to see in Season 4?

Dzastur

I think 1 or 2 references to the film could be chuckle-worthy. By the time season 4 comes out, it will have aired on Hub and will be on DVD, so I'd imagine most of the season 4 audience would have seen it by then.

Example:

Applejack: "I know this sounds weird, but I think somepony's been eatin' Winona's dog biscuits!"

Princess Twilight: *angry whisper* "Spike..."

Spike: *whispers back* "I'm still chasing my tail, too. I think I have a problem."

How would you fit in a nod to the film? Have Pinkie go on another clairvoyant rant? Show Trixie snacking on peanut butter? Post your ideas. yay.png

(edited)

It's a fun thought I guess, but the "example" you brought up does not really sound great to me. I mean they were just there for like.. How long was it? I don't know, a couple of days. I do not really want them to link stuff in the show to EqG, neither do I want them to go back there. Though I would love if season 4 continued where the movie ended, and we will see Twilight Sparkle's friends and Celestia asking her a bunch of things about what happened and how the place is like. Though, that will most likely not happen since the most movies that are based off tv-series never really connects to the storyline much. At least from what I have seen. Look at Simpsons The Movie for example.

Edited by Jokuc

I don't want to see any references, I saw the movie and it was good. But I still don't want to see any references to it. The movie was a spin-off and it shall remain one. It's not that I would be against small references, it's just best that they don't do it. It's just my opinion though.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

You see an open door in the background of the Crystal Spire, and there's a bunch of glass and a sledgehammer on the ground.

Okay, it wasn't that bad. In all seriousness , @'s dog biscuit thing is probably the best I could come up with.

Edited by CITRUS KING46

(edited)

How about Twilight having a dream where Flash Sentry comes and she confesses her true feeling towards him only to have it being abruptly interrupted and something silly happens like Flash Sentry turns into Pinkie Pie or Rainbow Dash.

In all seriousness I'm not sure how to reference something that isn't suppose to be canon.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

If anything, I'd say they should go with bringing it up off-handely (like somepony asking if Spike's turned into a dog again) in such a way that people new to the show would just think it's a noodle incident.

Though, that will most likely not happen since the most movies that are based off tv-series never really connects to the storyline much. At least from what I have seen. Look at Simpsons The Movie for example.

Spider-Pig/Harry Plopper from the film has shown up on the TV show a few times since the movie. That's probably as "deep" as I'd want them to go with an EqG reference if they did one. Nothing to change plot or direction - just a fun reference.

I don't really want to see any references from the movie to be seen in Season 4 since, the movie does not really tie into the show. But, if I wanted to see one reference it would be Trixie's slight obsession with peanut butter.

• Brohoof 4

It is not that I do not want to see any references, but that I do not see how any of them would properly work. The only ones it would completely work for are Twilight and Spike, since they actually were there. The others were told all about it most likely, so they would probably not bring it up is most situations.

If there is anything that I do want to be in season 4 from the movie, it is Twilight's attitude at the end of the film. If they can keep that in season 4 somehow, that would be neat. That would help the process of establishing the princess thing.

Referencing a non-canon is quite easy but it really has to be subtle and not thrown into the face of the watcher. Like a good reference, well this would be more of a call back is having a character hum a song from the movie like how Fluttershy hummed the FiM theme in a Bird in the Hoof. Something small like that would be good but having a character talk about it would be to weird.

I was thinking maybe if Twilight tried to walk on her hind legs or handle things with her hooves? Other than that, small references such as Scootaloo doing the chicken dance would be funny!

Not in a million years. If it's just a little background event that's okay but if it's something that lasts an entire scene than no. That's not clever, that's just lazy writing.

I would Like Sunset Shimmer to return and Hint on the events of Equestria girls and say that she was lying so that she wont get in trouble for turning evil. and she turns evil again

I don't know if this qualifies as a reference, but I REALLY want to see Flash Sentry appear in the TV series. I just feel like we could see more of him. See more character development. Possibly see more chemistry between him an Twilight. Also, more male roles would be nice. More epic, handsome stallions like Big Mac and Shinning Armor, please!

I think something like Twilight referring to 'hands' again or something could work. It would only be a tiny reference and it could just be slipped in without even being noticed. I would actually like to see something like that happen. :)

• Brohoof 1

I have a pretty good feeling that Sunset Shimmer will return in the future, but it's hard to believe she will turn evil again after she was already so apologetic at the end if the movie.

Maybe little references, but I think for the most part I think it should stay separate.

Just tiny little references maybe if any, but nothing really big, I guess somewhat like what you mentioned, along those lines possibly.