Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever felt smarter than everypony else?

Oh Akatosh why

Have you ever felt smarter than anypony else?  

56 users have voted

1. 1. Have you ever felt smarter than anypony else?

• Yes, My friends are idiot's
    • No, My friends are idiot's but i'm also one
    • Yes, My friends are genius's but i'm a super genius
    • No, My friends are genius's but i'm an idiot

Yes. Because I am! Because I'm the one that, in most cases, knows the most on any given topic. That is subject to change, though. (Ex: all my friends are computer geniuses that can program games and build the best computers I've ever seen, whereas I can maybe make a light flash.) Generally, I'm the one that can answer the question. But not even I can answer them all.

I should also mention I voted no, as I am really stupid/idiotic/moronic :(

This is how stupid/idiotic/moronic i am, I FAILED, yes FAILED Fundamental Math (and that is the most basic math there is) and English...

Well of course I do. I've always been smarter than average, I also don't like dealing with stupid people especially IRL. There's a reason why I have a hard time making friends.

Not really, no. More knowledgeable about certain topics, sure, but I tend to assume people are on a level playing field with me in regards in intelligence. Individually, I see myself as smart, but compared to others I'd say I'm maybe a little above average. A lot of people call me a genius, though, so I feel fair in assuming that I have a slight leg up on that.

I'm fairly intelligent. There have been times when the people around me have been frustrating, but I'm not always at the top. In elementary and middle school, I was the smart one. When I got to high school, I was still smart, but nowhere near the smartest kid there. In some classes it was easier for me to stand out, in others, not so much. 

It isn't black and white. I've been in situations where people act ignorantly, which is extremely annoying. I've also encountered people who make me feel like I still have a lot to learn and understand, which is extremely humbling.

I've accepted that there will always be someone smarter than me out there, and that doesn't invalidate my intelligence. 

As far as my friends go, I try to surround myself with intelligent people that I respect. I'd put myself on equal footing with them. We all have our different strengths and weaknesses. I don't consider myself better or worse than them. 

Well, of course. I'm not sure ponies have the same mental capacity as humans and they don't have the same reasoning skills.

Unless you're thinking of the other ponies... Well, I can safely say that I'll never attain that stage with Twilight still around.

• Brohoof 1

No. For raw 'intelligence,' I don't fare as well as the people I hang around with. However, on occasion do come to me for advice about more practical things; I can be a deep thinker.

Kinda. I'm constantly doing research on various things, and reading about whats going on in the world. I also read conspiracy theories, and stuff. I guess I just feel not necessarily smarter, but more...aware of my surroundings? 

tumblr_me5z0sDG671qzwgyso1_500.jpg

No. Everybody out there knows something that I do not.

Besides, intelligence has many different shapes and forms. As crazy, and idealistic as it sounds, I truly believe that everyone is intelligent in their own way. To walk around thinking/saying that I'm more intelligent than everybody else is just foolish.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

I consider myself smarter than the average. I also have a big ego. Is the ego justified or is it just ego making me think I'm smarter than I really am? I can't say because I'm biased in my own favor. I've been told by others I'm intelligent and I'm perfectly willing to accept that appraisal as highly accurate. 

I think that we have all had moments when we thought we were the most intelligent person in the room. Aside from those moments, I don’t consider myself to be smarter than my friends and family. Don’t get me wrong, I know that I am smart but I don’t feel the need to compare myself to others.

There's a lot of times where I feel like I'm more intelligent than most of mankind, and frankly there's a lot that proves me right, because our kind do such stupid things for sometimes even dumber reasons.

That isn't to say I don't assume I know more than everyone or really anyone, but that I know I'm less stupid than most people on this Earth. Oh and also, I've been a called a "genius" too many times to count by people that aren't really all too bright.

Not with people in general. Most of the time I see people as equal to me in intelligence, if perhaps more/less informed in something than I am.

But every so often, I run into one of those people that I just MARVEL at. Because the things that come out of their mouths just make me think, “How have you survived this long?”

Edited by ShadOBabe

On 7/3/2013 at 9:16 AM, Oh Akatosh why said:

This is exactly what it sounds like, Have you ever felt like everyone around you is an idiot? Like they can't really understand a simple concept? Iv'e felt this before but i try bite my tongue when my friends are saying/doing something stupid/wrong.

Wait til you get a job!