Lamer

Rainbow Dash or Spitfire?  

77 users have voted

1. 1. Choose.

• Rainbow Dash
    • Spitfire
    • ZOMG TOO HARD!!1

(edited)

We had Octavia or DJ Pon3, Lyra or Bonbon and Colgate or Carrot Top polls. So why not this?
Who's out of these fast pegasi is better?

Edited by Lamer

i don't hate spitfire or something like that, but im gonna have to go with rainbow dash on this one. 

i really like RD's design better and well, she has just an awesome voice actor :3 

• Brohoof 1

Both equal to me for different reasons. Spitfire has a hotter, sexier design, arguably sleeker and more uniform than Dash's, and her voice actor and personality both have much appeal as well. Meanwhile, Dash's appeal comes from design, her stubborn, headstrong but loyal attitude, etc.

Dashie is Best Pony all around, but Spitfire is Hottest Pony. In every definition of the word :P

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash obviously. Spitfire may be a fun and gorgeous  side character, but Dash is far more interesting and has a pretty damn good character design herself. She's even more attractive than Spitfire is IMO, and her personality is better too.

• Brohoof 3

Hello!

This is an Imposibru question to me, thus I shall not choose either of which. Spitfire and Rainbow Dash both have amazing traits that other ponies just don't have! Perhaps if I had to choose one pony to have, I'd choose Spitfire just because Rainbow Dash has a larger fanbase...

Amazing ponies, both amazingly beautiful and stunning. :)

• Brohoof 1

Well Spitefire is a cool pony and has alot to her to like, but I personally have to say I like Rainbow Dash more, because her character is just more interesting overall to me, and her Rainbow mane is pretty nice looking :).

Both are great ponies, but Rainbow just takes the cake for me.

I am not a big fan of either of them to be honest. But I will have to say Rainbow Dash because of the simple reason that we have not seen enough of canon Spitfire to actually compare her with Rainbow Dash. We do not know her personality fully and we have really no clue how she is in private.

yeah this one should end in a blow out i dont know of many people that would take spitfire or rainbow dash i'm sure there is a few just not as many as dash lovers

(edited)

Can Spitfire do THIS?

640px-Rainbow_flies_parallel_to_ground_S

Didn't think so. Oh, is that an injured Spitfire being carried away by Rainbow Dash? :P

Only Rainbow Dash can pull off a Sonic Rainboom, save the Wonderbolts and Rarity, AND win the Best Young Flyer's competition all in one. Spitfire is a great captain, but there's only one Iron Pony. Besides, Rainbow Dash is cuter, funnier, and all around more lovable. Dash has the heart to be an even better captain of the Wonderbolts.

I do like Spitfire though, so please pardon my obnoxious Dash bias. The Mane Six always come first for me. :3

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

You have to choose one. So, let us compare.

post-8353-0-96785800-1373929163_thumb.png

Spitfire is effing sexy. She's nice a nice pony off-duty, but as we've seen in Wonderbolt Academy, she can be quite the drill sergeant. She's a Wonderbolt, so she obviously has a lot of money, but also because of her career, she will oftentimes not be available to you. And you'll probably have to go to most of her air shows, which can be either good or bad.

post-8353-0-52701000-1373930051_thumb.jpg

Also super sexy. At times she can be quite overbearing, but also knows when to be understanding. Has a steady job as a weatherpony, but may someday live up to her dream and become a Wonderbolt. To get along with her, you would probably have to be a very tolerant person. Also, she's saved Equestria a few times.

So. Who will you choose?

Edited by Sneaky

So hard to choose!

Spitfire has a more broad, sexy design, and pretty good looking in a uniform. While, Dashie is pretty attractive just like Spitfire but she definitely brings all of the colts to the yard. Personality wise, Dash has a better personality.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Spitfier is cool and all but, in my opinion Rainbow Dash is just a better developed character. You could even go as far to say that she's almost has has much development as Twilight.  

Edited by Onylex
  • Brohoof 1

I'm going to go with Dash for this one because Dash has a bit more personality than Spitfire in my opinion. But yeah both Spitfire and Dash have sexy character designs Spitfire is still cool though :).  

This really is a tough choice and honestly I have to say its rather grossly unfair. Rainbow Dash's massive fanbase and fame aside, I honestly really can't say. As a Mane 6 and Element of Harmony, Rainbow Dash sees far more screen time and has far more depth and development than Spitfire can ever hope to see. For all we know Spitfire may have performed a Sonic Rainboom or another equally impressive feat during her career.

In terms of what we know of the characters though, I will say that the Wonderbolts teamwork from episodes like Secret of My Excess and the namesake Sonic Rainboom, the Wonderbolts reacted poorly to the situations at hand and as their leader for me that reflects poorly on Spitfire too unfortunately. Also Spitfire encouraging reckless, irresponsible and dangerous behavior and attitudes and then making a 180 and throwing Lightning Dust under the bus, while Rainbow Dash stood up and protested for her friends and ideals during Wonderbolts Academy.

Its not a fair comparison per say, but going off what we have, barring the rainbooms, if I had to choose, I'd say Rainbow Dash is the better mare.  

• Brohoof 1

As has been pointed out Spitfire is pretty sexy, but so is Rainbow Dash. This is a bit of an unfair contest since Rainbow Dash has had far more development than Spitfire has but she has needed it to smooth out her rather rough edges. I see Spitfire and I see what Rainbow Dash could well be like in 10-20 years. Spitfire is very confident and though has a slight ego it is tempered with her leadership, teamwork and years of growth and maturation through life experience she goes into drill sergeant mode but that is to be expected of the captain of the Wonderbolts. To me Rainbow Dash is a more interesting character because hasn't reached that ultimate goal yet, she is still working still striving to be the best while Spitfire has already reached the top. So my vote goes to Rainbow Dash.

• Brohoof 2

So far, all the posts I've seen on here is stating that Spitfire is sexy, but they're going for RD. Well, yeah, since she's in the Mane 6. I'm going for RD on this one. 

• Brohoof 1

I honestly am not a fan of Rainbow. Lately she is way too aggressive and OCC, however, because of Wonderbolts Academy and Sleepless in Ponyville, the writers may be catching up on that.

I still like Spitfire better. Better design, voice, and I loved her in Wonderbolts Academy.

• Brohoof 1

I chose RD because I believe she is even faster than Spitfire. Spitfire is never shown creating a sonic rainboom/sonic boom, while RD can easily do so, as proven in S2 E26, where she created one at the wedding. RD is faster than the Wonderbolts, and it's pretty easy to choose who is faster. If you're asking as a matter of personal preference, however, it could easily be a very different story because people have differing opinions. I simply chose RD because, based on the facts, she is superior. Plus, she is the undisputed best pony. :P

Yeah well I like both the same, but I'm going for Spitfire on this one. At least trying to give her a chance against all the dashie fans x)

(edited)

I never really liked Spitfire that much. In Wonderbolt Academy she seemed more like a Boot Camp instructor than a "famous Wonderbolt." That, and Rainbow Dash has a better voice, in my opinion, also she has a Rainbow Mane, and she can do Sonic Rainbooms.

In other words I prefer Dashie. I am kind of suck when it comes to explaining stuff like this so instead of rambling on for several paragraphs I figure this should do.

Edited by ReverseFaller

Spitfire

Girl's so dahm smexy. Don't deny this obvious fact~

I love how tough she is, and of course she is a long-time member of the high and mighty wonderbolts. She's my favorite non-main cannon character.

We haven't seen much of what make Spitfire great, except being the captain of the Wonderbolts, but through Rainbow Dash's character development we see that she has an affinity to accomplish flying feats that are from myth. I vote Rainbow Dash is the better choice.