Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming The Official League of Legends Thread

Vicke

Well i've been playing league a bit more often recently, not exactly been getting much of anywhere, I guess technically I finally sucked it up and played ranked and got into silver 3 from placement matches, of course I ended up losing a whole ton and dropped into Silver 4, I still feel like I'm doing pretty terrible for how many games I have honestly, but eh. 

Been playing alot of Mid Xerath when I can, and alot of Support Lulu, with a few others while playing ranked when needed.

Hopefully I'll actually make some kind of progress eventually. I have like 1400 games played total, I feel like I should be doing better frankly. 

Although then again I think I suck at LoL and always kinda have so idk xD.

Also new load screen is cool, feels a lot cleaner I guess. And summoner icons feel actually useful now.

Heh, don't feel so bad. I've been trying to fight my way into gold. and ended up losing my foothold in silver 1 and found myself middle of Silver 2. It happens, just can't give up. Maybe trying a different approach. Granted, if you look at my ranked stats, you can see how many games I get forced to support and sadly I can't just win a game like that. i wish the stats screen how a measure of how many wards purchased/destroyed. Regardless, don't give up. Also, I like your picks :). I like seeing Lulu and Xeraths. My picks have been Malz, Taric, and Volibear. As a side note, my friends list is REALLY flooded right now, are you on my friends list? Maybe we could have a game :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Heh, don't feel so bad. I've been trying to fight my way into gold. and ended up losing my foothold in silver 1 and found myself middle of Silver 2. It happens, just can't give up. Maybe trying a different approach. Granted, if you look at my ranked stats, you can see how many games I get forced to support and sadly I can't just win a game like that. i wish the stats screen how a measure of how many wards purchased/destroyed. Regardless, don't give up. Also, I like your picks :). I like seeing Lulu and Xeraths. My picks have been Malz, Taric, and Volibear. As a side note, my friends list is REALLY flooded right now, are you on my friends list? Maybe we could have a game :)

I guess, I just can't get anywhere right now, kinda frustrating. Even more so i'm playing with some bronzes. Doesn't help me feel good.

I'm also just hard on myself, I rage and stuff at myself, I guess its better then my team but yeah :P. Doesn't help me do well.

I just do alot of dumb mistakes, and I don't feel like I make alot of progress sometimes.

I'm pretty decent with support, I use to main it, but I don't always do that great, and even then i don't really think i'm that good overall.

I doubt i'll get much higher then where I am frankly. I think I belong in low silver, maybe even bronze, might be hard on myself though.

I just need to get a little more confidence, I guess. Maybe I'll get somewhere someday idk. Its very frusterating sometimes going from win to lose to win to lose over and over.

And thanks :P, I love Xerath, but positioning him correctly is difficult sometimes, expecially if the other team has lots of stuns and gap closers, or your team just doesn't setup in the best of places to fight.

Lulu is just a real versatile support, and has alot to bring, so I can pick her for any type of champ pairing, which works well in ranked.

Also dunno if you have me added, but my usernames Zygen360. I'd be down for a game sometime maybe!

Edited by Zygen
  • Brohoof 1

I guess, I just can't get anywhere right now, kinda frustrating. Even more so i'm playing with some bronzes. Doesn't help me feel good.

I'm also just hard on myself, I rage and stuff at myself, I guess its better then my team but yeah :P. Doesn't help me do well.

I just do alot of dumb mistakes, and I don't feel like I make alot of progress sometimes.

I'm pretty decent with support, I use to main it, but I don't always do that great, and even then i don't really think i'm that good overall.

I doubt i'll get much higher then where I am frankly. I think I belong in low silver, maybe even bronze, might be hard on myself though.

I just need to get a little more confidence, I guess. Maybe I'll get somewhere someday idk. Its very frusterating sometimes going from win to lose to win to lose over and over.

And thanks :P, I love Xerath, but positioning him correctly is difficult sometimes, expecially if the other team has lots of stuns and gap closers, or your team just doesn't setup in the best of places to fight.

Lulu is just a real versatile support, and has alot to bring, so I can pick her for any type of champ pairing, which works well in ranked.

Also dunno if you have me added, but my usernames Zygen360. I'd be down for a game sometime maybe!

Okay, here's my 2 cents. You need to have enough confidence to play strong till the end, but you need to be humble enough to not stroke your ego during a game. I have lost many a game because of someones massive ego. I'll say "I want to mid" and I'll see a ww jungle and a lack of wave clear and think "Malz is a great pick here! Lots of cc and push and synergies with Caitlyn!" and they go Teemo mid and feed, doesn't ward, and blames the jungler (kind of a theme right there) =/.

Anyway, I might have a suggestion to help your ranked situation. At the start of every game say hello and politely say the positions you can't play. Figure if you have 3-4 champs (that cover different roles) and you focus on those champs only, that can you to the high end of gold. Counter play is pretty minimal down here. That and no one knows what actually counters what and why. So being really good with Xerath and getting mid a lot could help, or being support and winning bot lane with excellent Lulu support.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Okay, here's my 2 cents. You need to have enough confidence to play strong till the end, but you need to be humble enough to not stroke your ego during a game. I have lost many a game because of someones massive ego. I'll say "I want to mid" and I'll see a ww jungle and a lack of wave clear and think "Malz is a great pick here! Lots of cc and push and synergies with Caitlyn!" and they go Teemo mid and feed, doesn't ward, and blames the jungler (kind of a theme right there) =/.

Anyway, I might have a suggestion to help your ranked situation. At the start of every game say hello and politely say the positions you can't play. Figure if you have 3-4 champs (that cover different roles) and you focus on those champs only, that can you to the high end of gold. Counter play is pretty minimal down here. That and no one knows what actually counters what and why. So being really good with Xerath and getting mid a lot could help, or being support and winning bot lane with excellent Lulu support.

Never surrender, never give up. I mean it. You will win more games never surrendering than if you do surrender. You may have an amazing late-game team, and you may see one mistake from the other team could cost them the game. So I agree with this above post, and advise the same to any player. 

But other than the confidence, and being humble. I feel a player needs to know how to have fun in the game, even if you are losing. Stuff happens, and you may lose a game for a stupid reason. And a lot of players get upset and angry over every loss. The main bit of advise I wanted to add on to Sprixx's post, is to know how to have fun regardless of the situation. Because you SHOULD be playing the game for fun, if you play it to win, then you're going to have a bad time. Aim to win, play for fun summoners!

Edited by Hayze
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm normally ok with my ego in check, if anything I don't have enough confidence at times.

Now alot of other people spend half the game raging at each other and half the game playing. So yeah :P.

I take as many mistakes as I can onto myself, hoping I may improve.

And I can play any role technically, whether I am amazing proficient at the all is another question. I do have champions for every role, the thing is some roles i just never get to play to practice even in normals, top is one of those which I never get. So I have hardly any practice there.

Of course I've taken mid champions top before, aswell as I can play a few tops, normally if I go top I either play a mid champion or I play like Yorick, or vlad, or maybe WW, or something. 

For jungle I've got trundle, Thats about all I play jungle mostly, I need to learn a few more, but yeah I don't play jungle a ton.

For AD i play alot of varus and play him most of the time, he works pretty well in the majority of lanes, Vayne comes in 2nd for some cases I feel are safe to pick her, and Ashe is one I've played in normals and thats it. But I do somewhat know how to play her.

Mid I've got Lissandra and Xerath i've been playing mostly. i need to get into practice with a few others, but those are the ones I'm comfortable with right this moment.

For support I have lulu and a bit of janna, I've played Soraka and Sona some, but normally I just play lulu for her utility and versatility in fitting into aggressive and passive lanes both easily.

So I have champions to play for each role, just I play mid most often.

I normally just say I prefer mid or something, but mention I can fill, and sometimes I get mid sometimes I don't.

Seems the biggest issue is my teams end up losing moral alot, and eventually cause me a loss of moral aswell.

Never surrender, never give up. I mean it. You will win more games never surrendering than if you do surrender. You may have an amazing late-game team, and you may see one mistake from the other team could cost them the game. So I agree with this above post, and advise the same to any player. 

But other than the confidence, and being humble. I feel a player needs to know how to have fun in the game, even if you are losing. Stuff happens, and you may lose a game for a stupid reason. And a lot of players get upset and angry over every loss. The main bit of advise I wanted to add on to Sprixx's post, is to know how to have fun regardless of the situation. Because you SHOULD be playing the game for fun, if you play it to win, then you're going to have a bad time. Aim to win, play for fun summoners!

I'm bad with giving up sometimes, other times I never give up. Its kinda random, but I need to try and keep consistently good with not giving up.

And yeah, trying not to get totally ticked off after every loss is something I need a little work on, i'm not the best at losing generally. It sucks even more when I'm just looped in the same area over and over losing and winning over and over. Doesn't feel like I make any progress.

But yeah. I agree.

Well I just done got winning a ranked and losing a ranked, so yeah pretty unproductive. Honestly I'm extremely frusterated now, both from the fact my teams all give up instantly when something goes wrong, and because I just suck at LoL so much its unbelievable. 

Seriously you'd think I'd have improved by now, but honestly I'm getting fed up with the fact I'm making like absolutely 0 progress. 

I'm about to just give up, its so ridiculously frustrating. I feel like a hopeless cause, stuck in Silver 4 only because my teamates occasionally carry me.

Thats the sole reason I'm not in bronze 5.

I'm so fed up with LoL right now >_>.

Edited by Zygen

(edited)

I'm normally ok with my ego in check, if anything I don't have enough confidence at times.

Now alot of other people spend half the game raging at each other and half the game playing. So yeah :P.

I take as many mistakes as I can onto myself, hoping I may improve.

And I can play any role technically, whether I am amazing proficient at the all is another question. I do have champions for every role, the thing is some roles i just never get to play to practice even in normals, top is one of those which I never get. So I have hardly any practice there.

Of course I've taken mid champions top before, aswell as I can play a few tops, normally if I go top I either play a mid champion or I play like Yorick, or vlad, or maybe WW, or something. 

For jungle I've got trundle, Thats about all I play jungle mostly, I need to learn a few more, but yeah I don't play jungle a ton.

For AD i play alot of varus and play him most of the time, he works pretty well in the majority of lanes, Vayne comes in 2nd for some cases I feel are safe to pick her, and Ashe is one I've played in normals and thats it. But I do somewhat know how to play her.

Mid I've got Lissandra and Xerath i've been playing mostly. i need to get into practice with a few others, but those are the ones I'm comfortable with right this moment.

For support I have lulu and a bit of janna, I've played Soraka and Sona some, but normally I just play lulu for her utility and versatility in fitting into aggressive and passive lanes both easily.

So I have champions to play for each role, just I play mid most often.

I normally just say I prefer mid or something, but mention I can fill, and sometimes I get mid sometimes I don't.

Seems the biggest issue is my teams end up losing moral alot, and eventually cause me a loss of moral aswell.

I'm bad with giving up sometimes, other times I never give up. Its kinda random, but I need to try and keep consistently good with not giving up.

And yeah, trying not to get totally ticked off after every loss is something I need a little work on, i'm not the best at losing generally. It sucks even more when I'm just looped in the same area over and over losing and winning over and over. Doesn't feel like I make any progress.

But yeah. I agree.

Well I just done got winning a ranked and losing a ranked, so yeah pretty unproductive. Honestly I'm extremely frusterated now, both from the fact my teams all give up instantly when something goes wrong, and because I just suck at LoL so much its unbelievable. 

Seriously you'd think I'd have improved by now, but honestly I'm getting fed up with the fact I'm making like absolutely 0 progress. 

I'm about to just give up, its so ridiculously frustrating. I feel like a hopeless cause, stuck in Silver 4 only because my teamates occasionally carry me.

Thats the sole reason I'm not in bronze 5.

I'm so fed up with LoL right now >_>.

Take a break from it then =/. People don't play as well when they get frustrated  They get angry, and try to resolve the situation faster than they should, which can cause reckless mistakes to happen in lane.

I'd say take like a 5-15 minute break and give it some more trys. If you feel you are "stuck" in silver, then play some un-ranked normal matches. Just practice without losing your LP. Or try new champs out to deal with situations you were presented with in your defeats.

Edited by Hayze
  • Brohoof 1

I qualified for Bronze 1 because I met some random guy that was like "bro we should play ranked togethur," and I said, "shore!" We lost 3 games in a row and I was 6 of 7 at that point. NEVER DO RANKED WITH STRANGERS

Anyway, I clawed my way into Silver 5, and I made an assessment of myself. Do I play well enough in every lane to not get screwed over by other people being ahead of me in pick order? Could I possibly make it to Gold 5 to get that shiny background?

The answer, sadly, was no, on both counts. The only champions I really like to play are Diana (everyone in here knows that), Leona (weird, I know, but I like dive champions a lot actually), and Jayce (who is about to get destructified with nerfs). That's two positions. One of them is support, sure, but that's something you should do with a friend by duo queuing, and either I don't duo queue, or my friends don't want to duo queue with me.

I'm back in Bronze 1, because I went inactive, and didn't know that playing normals would prevent LP loss (derp). Will I get my ass back into Silver 5 for posterity? Yeah, after I get back to school this September probably. Would I care to play any more ranked after that? Not really, no.

I don't see the point in playing ranked. I don't have as much fun, I have to play with strangers, it's really stressful, I don't get the champions/positions I want, and I'd probably only make it to Silver 3 or 2 anyway if I tried my damndest. There's really no reason to play ranked when I have more fun in normals/ARAMs.

My summoner name is pickl3 smuggl3r. Before you make judgments, I inherited my account (it was level 17 when I came into possession of it) from a friend I play WoW with that is probably the trolliest guy I know when it comes to names. I'm considering getting it changed if there's another sale for it in the future. If you guys want to play gaemz, let me know. I'm on the NA server, naturally. These days at my house with shit internet, I stick to ARAMs when I'm alone, and I sometimes play with WoW/college friends.

I'll throw you an friend req Zygen, and if you wanna unwind, we can ARAM sometime.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well then, I play League of Legends too with 7 other friends from WoW, and one irl friend. They all started playing league wayy before me but Im better than them xD they dont know how to become better in the game. i always duo queue with a gold 2 friend to balance the skills in the team (Ive been put in silver 5).

I main mid, my best champ is ryze because I like spell rotations because Im used to it (I had a frostmage on WoW). I always go 9/0/21 with masteries because of the spellvamp and the movementspeed. And my quints are movement speed also. I do that so I can easily dodge skillshots, kite enemies and easily escaping ganks which results in countering my counters, and almost always winning lanes.

I build my early game to have as much hp a possible which is very OP, later on I build the ruby crystal into rod of ages. And I build ryze to have as much mana and health as possible PLUS frozen heart and some mr if needed for them tankiness and damagessssss. i turn my tear of goddess into archangel staff for if kiting or dodging goes wrong. Mostly I build a 20% spellvamp book with it to stack sv with my ult, archangel and so much spelvamp hasgiven me so many epic plays, like 2v5 ing and winning with only 200 hp. Which resulted me into allmost crying or running around the house.

My skills are skyrocketing, ive started in september 2012 and Im already better than some if not most platinum players, probably because Im trying and trying to be better with advices helping from proffesionals. not to brag but in 4 years I become 18 and I can see myself in challenger lol

That sums up my carreer of a league player playing mid ryze :)

If you want to add me, just leave a PM. Im on EUW. ill be back from spain on tuesday though.

Edited by TamesB

So its official; I've made it into Bronze Division II.

I'm sure there will probably be quite a ways to go before I hit Bronze Division I (or even silver for that matter), but hey...

So its official; I've made it into Bronze Division II.

I'm sure there will probably be quite a ways to go before I hit Bronze Division I (or even silver for that matter), but hey...

Believe me. The road to Silver is a long one. There will be many things in Bronze that will piss you off. But never give up. Good luck.

Believe me. The road to Silver is a long one. There will be many things in Bronze that will piss you off. But never give up. Good lucI 

I agree that silver is pretty hellish. There are so many people in there that raise the question "What are you doing in silver?!". and I mean that on both ends, I've had a pantheon on my team literally just tookthe game on his back and won it completely on his own. on the flip side, you have people who think GP is an amazing champ right now and think that feeding 10 kills before minions have spawned is a pro strat! In short, Silver is a really awkward place to be, I am constantly shifting between s1 and 2 and its driving me batty!

I agree that silver is pretty hellish. There are so many people in there that raise the question "What are you doing in silver?!". and I mean that on both ends, I've had a pantheon on my team literally just tookthe game on his back and won it completely on his own. on the flip side, you have people who think GP is an amazing champ right now and think that feeding 10 kills before minions have spawned is a pro strat! In short, Silver is a really awkward place to be, I am constantly shifting between s1 and 2 and its driving me batty!

Some people get lucky in their placement matches, while others don't. Everyone plays a major part in carrying their team, but sometimes it's just too hard. I completely understand where you're coming from. I once played with a Kha'Zix who had a diamond border from last season. He was amazing.

I like that I'm the only person I've ever seen playing AP Kog. It makes it so nobody expects it and then I shit all over them. This team, for example, could not handle the AP Kog.

Seriously, I could keep them turret hugging when it was 1v4. Hitting skillshots like a pro. As icing on the cake, I even leveled up that game. Only 8 more 'til 30.

8Gm4A4t.jpg

Also, you'll notice the Nasus ARAM game a bit below. I also built AP that game (well, tanky AP). Ult was doing 10% of max health per second XD

I like that I'm the only person I've ever seen playing AP Kog. It makes it so nobody expects it and then I shit all over them. This team, for example, could not handle the AP Kog.

Seriously, I could keep them turret hugging when it was 1v4. Hitting skillshots like a pro. As icing on the cake, I even leveled up that game. Only 8 more 'til 30.

img-1691299-1-8Gm4A4t.jpg

Also, you'll notice the Nasus ARAM game a bit below. I also built AP that game (well, tanky AP). Ult was doing 10% of max health per second XD

AP Kog is quite common. Well, primarily in Summoners Rift. When you hit 30, people will be using so many different ideas(Including some shit ones that might cost you the game) you'll wonder what was happening for the first 29 levels. 

Also, I was wondering if you only play ARAM. xD Will you change that when you hit 30, or do you plan to remain consistent with that? Just interested in your perspective of the other maps.

Good luck and have fun in reaching level 30.

So, last night after reading a couple threads on the new league site about people either

1.) saying they play with locked camera and they do fine

2.) saying that such people should play with unlocked camera to get better

3.) saying that purple side is at a disadvantage because of locked camera favoring blue

I decided to go do some ARAMs while also unlocking my camera. The first match, I got purple side Nidalee. We lost (well, we would have, had the other team not surrendered to make their abusive Talon lose. He was raging hard about the other building MR...against an AP Nidalee. Gee, I wonder why they did that?), but I like to think I hit a lot of spears. It was weird, because in team fights, I'm not used to my camera being in the center of the action. I would also go off screen sometimes, and die there.

The next game, I got blue side Kha'Zix. I wanted to lock my camera again, since we were blue side, but I figured if I don't play with an unlocked camera all the time, I'd never get used to it.

This time, after I got my spikes and claws evolved, along with my last whisper and muramana, I started to completely destroy people. Is that how Kha'Zix works? Anyways, the same problem happened where I was pursuing people right off the edge of my screen, and I didn't know what was happening to me. I panicked and forgot that I can just hit the spacebar to center my camera back on me.

I want to do a Summoner's Rift game with my camera unlocked the whole game after I play a few more unlocked ARAMs. I wonder how it'll go?

(edited)

People play with locked cameras? That seems terrible... how do you see what's going on while staying out of range?

AP Kog is quite common. Well, primarily in Summoners Rift. When you hit 30, people will be using so many different ideas(Including some shit ones that might cost you the game) you'll wonder what was happening for the first 29 levels. 

Also, I was wondering if you only play ARAM. xD Will you change that when you hit 30, or do you plan to remain consistent with that? Just interested in your perspective of the other maps.

Good luck and have fun in reaching level 30.

Really? I've never seen one, but if they're only common at 30, that explains that.

Almost always ARAM. I do play normal every now and then. It's fun, but you get more ragers, and they're annoying; and the games take longer. Before ARAM, I mostly played Dominion for the same reason.

I like being forced to play new champs and being able to try them without buying them, so that's another point for ARAM.

I usually play normal when I'm with friends.

Edited by Evilshy
  • Brohoof 1

People play with locked cameras? That seems terrible... how do you see what's going on while staying out of range?

Instinct, mostly. I check my minimap constantly to check for enemy movement, but sometimes I just don't see someone coming. I find that I don't really have problems dodging things with my camera locked, and I don't play champions that skillshot off the screen, except for Jayce, and I just potshot off the screen and hit things most of the time.

It's really not as bad as it sounds. Without constantly having to move my cursor to move the camera, I can use it to do other things, like refined CSing (getting a bunch of minions low, then taking them out all at once, etc.), or, like I said, hold my cursor over my minimap and check other lanes.

I don't do horribly with a locked camera, and never have I been in a situation recently where an unlocked camera would have helped me. I'm going to learn how to do it, and if I find it easier, I'll stick with it. But either playstyle is acceptable, in my opinion. The option is there for a reason. 

I like to play ARAM when I'm alone, too. Keeps the stress off, and gives me new champions to play with. I play normals with friends also, ideally 3-5 of us go in at a time. I haven't played dominion in a while, though. Just don't feel like it, I guess.

Just started using unlocked camera (didn't need it because I was a newb and it was kinda useless [still am a newb but that's not the point]) and I much prefer it. Did it with my first match with Fizz and I was pretty satisfied with the result. Maybe I was also pleased because Fizz kicks ass, really. XD I am playing a lot more mid than I did when I started, where I was mostly ADC (Corki, mainly). However, now I usually use Orianna in top or mid, as well as top/mid Diana, mid Karma, mid LeBlanc, and bot Quinn. Varus I am fond of as well. However, I want to learn to use Vladimir next, though I just bought Anivia, Kennen, and Rumble and need to use them first. XD

(edited)

That feeling you get in ARAM when you backdoor the entire team and take down their nexus just as your teammates died and your final tower went down.

Damn that feels good.

What feels even better is getting your second wind after the other team (with ARAM OP champs) has taken your nexus to below half and then you start stomping though them to win.

Edited by PonyEcho

I was just informed that the new champion's --Lucian the Purifier-- weakness, like every other champion in the game, is dying. Seems balanced.

lucian_article_banner.jpg

I still think he should have had Samuel Jackson's voice though.

"Get these motha' f*ckin' feeders out of my motha' f*ckin' lane!"

"Poke me again. I dare you. I double dare you motha' f*cker!" / "Tower dive me! I dare you. I double dare you motha' f*cker!"

"I'm sick of these motha' f*ckin' purple teams in my motha' f*ckin' games!"

"Get these motha' f*ckin' junglers, out of my motha' f*ckin lane!"

On death: "Motha' f*ckin' lag!"

Holy crap people, I LOVE Yi's rework to the most. His animations in themselves are awesome looking, nother-the-less his new armor. Now with just the right build I managed to be swinging 1-3k damage per swing, with around 50% life steal. 

And yes, he can solo baren. But don't get me wrong, he isn't broken because it isn't until very late game he becomes like this, and you really need to know what you are doing. But to be honest, it is like that with any champ if you know how to use them correctly.

+1 for the new AD Yi

Now the only problem is that everyone keeps hogging him now >.>

Edited by Retro✮Derpy

Now the only problem is that everyone keeps hogging him now >.>

Give it about a week. Everyone is so hyped about it now that they'll just want to play him as though he won't be there forever. It'll die out soon.

Have fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Give it about a week. Everyone is so hyped about it now that they'll just want to play him as though he won't be there forever. It'll die out soon.

Have fun.

It's been a long time now, and Yi is back to be played as a jungler... -.- When will these days end?

Honestly, if he's on my team, I don't mind, but if he's on the enemy team, and he is their jungler, then it is the most annoying thing next to Teemo...

It's been a long time now, and Yi is back to be played as a jungler... -.- When will these days end?

Honestly, if he's on my team, I don't mind, but if he's on the enemy team, and he is their jungler, then it is the most annoying thing next to Teemo...

Man I haven't been able to play league for a while and I really wish I could try yi now, I really like how he isn't completely useless late game now, with the right build that true damage on e can do an awful lot, he's like a good irelia now.