Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Unpopular Games You Enjoyed?

Moonlight

(edited)

As the topic says...what are some unpopular games you liked?

Here are mine:

• Calling (Wii)
  • Barnyard (Gamecube)
  • Alan Wake (If you actually want to count that as unpopular) (Xbox 360)
  • ShadowRun (Xbox 360)
  • Pac Man Fever (Gamecube)

I think that's it for me, most games I like aren't exactly super popular but they're not unpopular either. 

Hated Games that I liked/didn't despise:

• Star Fox Adventures
  • Silent Hill Homecoming (That's right...I said it.)
  • Silent Hill Downpour (did it again~)
  • Sonic '06.....yep...I went there. 

post-15132-0-58852900-1374177140.gif

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

Deadly Premonition-Xbox 360

Second Sight-Gamecube

Sonic 06-Xbox 360

BloodRayne 1 & 2-PS2

Bloody Roar Primal Fury-Gamecube

Vampire Rain-Xbox 360

Bullet Witch-Xbox 360

Velvet Assassin-Xbox 360

Sonic R-Sega Genesis

Starfox Adventures-Gamecube

Edited by Pegasus Device
  • Brohoof 1

I haven't really played that many games that were off the beaten track, but here we go!

Custom Robo: My all time favourite gamecube game. The control was so fluid and the idea of using different parts to your advantage and winning your opponent's parts reminded me a lot of medabots.While the game itself is a pretty simple concept, the RPG elements and gameplay were both very fun.

Lost Magic: An... interesting strategy game and RPG for the DS. You cast spells using the touch screen and there were many interesting combinations to remember and use. It was also fun trying to tame some of the more stronger creatures.

Frontlines: Fuel Of War. It was released by THQ and has a large open enviorment filled with tanks, hummers, helicopter, AA guns, and my favorite, jets

I was a really good piliot. Who says a girl cant fly! Woo! It was awesome, a absolute ace

(edited)

Depends on what you mean by "unpopular"

Games I like that everyone hates:

Super Mario Sunshine(yes people do hate this game quite a bit)

Starfox Adventures

Starfox Assault

Starfox Command

Megaman X6

Megaman X8

Megaman 8

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy X-2

Metroid Other M

Call of Duty 3

Call of Duty 2: Big Red One

Medal of Honor Heroes 1

Medal of Honor European Assault

Medal of Honor Vanguard

NiGHTS Journey of Dreams

Resident Evil 0

Games I like that hardly got attention/Obscure games:

God Hand 

Odin Sphere

Okami

Megaman ZX Advent

Metal Gear Ghost Babel(Gameboy Color)

Bully

Powerstone 1 and 2

Madworld

Second Sight

Capcom Vs SNK 2

Shadows of the Damned

P.No.3

Lost Magic

Yakuza

Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge

Edited by Megas75

Depends on what you mean by "unpopular"

Games fans tend to hate:

Super Mario Sunshine(yes people do hate this game quite a bit)

People hate Super Mario Sunshine? O =

How could someone hate something so colorful? 

I wasn't big on it when I played it originally, but I've been jonesing to play it again for a few years now for whatever reason. I don't have my GC disk for it anymore, but I recently got a GC controller adapter for PC, so I'm gonna play it with an emulator. Same thing with Starfox Adventure and a bunch of other games. There's so many games I played growing up (like Ocarina of Time) that I really liked but just never finished for whatever reason - so it's a bunch of fun to start playing them all again. Hardly bought anything in the steam sale so far because I'm so busy with past gamecube/N64 titles. 

I can't think of many games I like that are especially hated or obscure. I guess EVE Online is hated by some people, but it's the only MMO I've actually got into and enjoyed for an extended period of time. Antichamber is a game I love that was kind of a hidden gem for a while, but I think more people are picking up on it. 

I think that the unpopular game that I really did enjoy was Dragon Ball Z: Sagas, even though the game was pretty terrible especially the controls but I did give it a chance.

Starfox Adventures

It's a shame people hate that game. It's actually one of my favorite games of all time. It's just so fun to me. By popular, I meant, people don't know about it, but hated games could also work, I actually need to revise my list now. 

As the topic says...what are some unpopular games you liked?

Here are mine:

• Calling (Wii)
  • Barnyard (Gamecube)
  • Alan Wake (If you actually want to count that as unpopular) (Xbox 360)
  • ShadowRun (Xbox 360)
  • Pac Man Fever (Gamecube)

I think that's it for me, most games I like aren't exactly super popular but they're not unpopular either. 

woooah! i've never heard anything bad about Alan Wake, that's my favourite xbox game! (would be my favourite game if not for Zelda)

but as for unpopular games that i liked, i'm really enjoying both Painkiller on the xbox that's gotten some pretty bad reviews, and also Dragon's Dogma which got totally slated in reviews.

I really enjoy the new Age of Empires 2: HD Edition but I only ever see negative things posted about it on the steam forums. I have no problems with that game, its my favorite game of all time updated to be better and it runs amazingly on my PC.

woooah! i've never heard anything bad about Alan Wake,

I just meant as unpopular not hated. But, yeah, I LOVED it. It's one of my favorite all-time games. I do recall someone saying it was boring...but that was about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endless_Ocean I played this on the Wii as well and this was a spectacularly beautiful game for the Wii console. I absolutely adored it in every way and wish they would carry on this series onto the PC and other consoles.

It looks pretty well-received, so it must be at least pretty good. I own "Calling" on my wii and it's ridiculously unpopular. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calling_(video_game)  A lot of people either never played it or despised it. I thought it was alright. .-.

(edited)

My list would comprise of these:

Contact (Nintendo DS)- It was actually a great RPG, but It is not comm,on in America nor was it heavily appraised by critics.
Homefront (Xbox 360)- I LOVED the soundtrack. The campaign was a little short, and maybe the multiplayer needed a little work. BUT IT IS NOT SO BAD THAT NOBODY LIKES IT!!!

Medal of Honor: Warfighter (Xbox 360)- By far, one of the best shooters. It was rated worse than it's predecessor, MoH:2010, with an average of 6.5/10 ratings. The campaign surely needed a little work, but the multiplayer is the most in-depth I've EVER PLAYED.

And...

I really enjoyed Etrian Odyssey II (Nintendo DS)- It was a great title. But it was a very unpopular one. And I quite disagree with the notion it was a bad game. I think it was the best Dungeon-based game made.

Lastly...

Fallout New Vegas. Before anyone comments they should read that most fans of Fallout dissed New Vegas because they thought it was different than the rest. They are quite incorrect. It's actually made to be similar to the originals. Actually, with the help of Black Isle people that worked on Fallouts 1 and 2. I thought it was even better than Fallout 3. Quite a challenge, but it stepped up to the plate, and performed fine to me.

Edited by GamerTwilight

It did get good reviews but not many people know about it so I considered it to be "unpopular" by that meaning. If you ever get a chance to play Endless Ocean, please do. It might be because I actually scuba dive IRL, but the game is just so fantastic and realistic. It is easily THE best Wii game out there.

I just meant as unpopular not hated.

oh, if we're just talking underrated games then it has to be Persona 3 and 4, i've never played any other games with such amazing stories, or character- its only a PS2 game so if there are any J-RPG fans reading this, you really should give it a look :3

• Brohoof 1

I went fishing for game demos on the Playstation Network some time ago, and I came across Faery: Legends of Avalon. After finishing the demo, I HAD to play the full game, and after about an hour of digging in the network store, I finally found it, completely bottom-listed. Apparently, the general outlook of the game was terrible, and possibly as a result, the news of a sequel for the game has been stopped dead. My only problems with the game were the fact that it had no voice-actors, and it was too short. Both of these problems could be easily fixed with a little more funding, and I believe it was a mistake to give up on the game so soon. 

(edited)

Not sure if this counts as unpopular, but I really enjoyed Metroid: Other M. I have played all three of the Prime games, as well as the original, but I still liked it. I see this game getting a lot of flak, and can't understand it because I find the gameplay to be really fun.

As for games that are not very well-known, but liked, I'd have to go with Eternal Darkness.

Edited by mesogears
  • Brohoof 1

Okami? Okami. Wonderful soundtrack, wonderful art style, wonderful storyline. It's a disappointment no one knows of it...

Okami-Wallpapers-okami-amaterasu-7858625

I also enjoyed Viva Pinata on the X-BOX very much. I haven't heard of a lot of fans of that game, so I'm deciding It's unpopular.

• Brohoof 2

Okami

PS2 or Wii?

OT: Final Fantasy 8, X-2, 13. Hyperdimension Neptunia. Dead Island. Don't see why they're all despised so much. They're hardly bad games.

PS2 or Wii?

OT: Final Fantasy 8, X-2, 13. Hyperdimension Neptunia. Dead Island. Don't see why they're all despised so much. They're hardly bad games.

The PS2 version, though I suppose it doesn't really matter, I heard both versions were really good. All that matters is that the game didn't get the recognition it deserved

The Hobbit, A Bugs Life, and Jersey Devil were 3D platformers that I personally liked a lot better than Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter even though they weren't nearly as popular.

Also, although Spider-Man 2 ps2 was fairly popular, I didn't just like it, I thought it was one of the best games I'd ever played.

Also, Final Fantasy V is my favorite 2D game I've played, and I've played Final Fantasy IV and VI, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario World, and Zelda: A Link to the Past.

(edited)

Runescape (still play it sometimes)

Spiderman 2 for the PC, ahhh good times playing that with my friends.

Tony hawk pro skater (or something like that) for playstation 1 or 2 idk, probably 1

thats all that I can think Of for now.

Edited by TamesB