Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 4- lot's of hype, or quite opposite?

CutenessOverload

Hey everypony,

so I noticed nearly everyone is sooooo exited about upcoming seson4. Please tell me that I'm not the only one that's actually worried about it? I mean, look at the other seasons, S1 was simply epic, S2 was amazing, nearly as good as S1, and then S3. You could feel the difference, it wasn't the same, however it was still pretty good. And then Twilicorn happened. And then EqG came out. And Vinyl Scrach is supposed to be a male. And more alicorns. Honestly, these things stripped me of all hope I had for S4. I keep on telling myself that Hasbro produced awesome seasons so far, so S4 will be good, just trust in them, but I feel down anyway. 

I would like to know opinions on that. Also if you could cheer me up, I would be grateful :(

I think there is a lot of hype towards Season Four, and the result when November 23rd comes around the hype's result will be high. But as for the rest of the other things with Season Four, I wouldn't worry about them.

Hey everypony,

so I noticed nearly everyone is sooooo exited about upcoming seson4. Please tell me that I'm not the only one that's actually worried about it? I mean, look at the other seasons, S1 was simply epic, S2 was amazing, nearly as good as S1, and then S3. You could feel the difference, it wasn't the same, however it was still pretty good. And then Twilicorn happened. And then EqG came out. And Vinyl Scrach is supposed to be a male. And more alicorns. Honestly, these things stripped me of all hope I had for S4. I keep on telling myself that Hasbro produced awesome seasons so far, so S4 will be good, just trust in them, but I feel down anyway. 

I would like to know opinions on that. Also if you could cheer me up, I would be grateful :(

Listen, Season 4 will be awesome. How do I know, you could just tell by those Comic Con spoilers. They have alot of great ideas in store for us this season.

1.And that Vinyl Scratch Male thing was a typo, nothing to be worried about.

2. Equestria Girls, was awesome. Could open up so many good and awesome adventures for the ponies in the future.

3. Twilicorn was an awesome step toward change in this series. Most series never change and get boring over time. This one didn't by changing the mane character's appreance and name. Great things can only happen.

Don't worry man, everything is gonna be fine, Season 4 is gonna be the best season ever.

• Brohoof 7

I'm pretty sure that the Vinyl Scratch being male thing was just a typo. Considering that Vinyl Scratch was obviously female in Equestria Girls...

Anyway, I don't see any reason on why we should be worried about S4. Season 3 was great, and Twilight Sparkle appeared to be the same unicorn we've always known in Equestria Girls just with wings. 

But we'll just have to see.

I'm pretty hyped about it. And oddly enough, I hated most of Season 1.

Season 2 and 3 were the best to me.

I supported Twilicorn and EQG was pretty awesome. 

Not worried in the slightest, I'm extremely hyped. >3<

Okey dokey... First off--

Listen, Season 4 will be awesome. How do I know, you could just tell by those Comic Con spoilers. They have alot of great ideas in store for us this season.

1.And that Vinyl Scratch Male thing was a typo, nothing to be worried about.

2. Equestria Girls, was awesome. Could open up so many good and awesome adventures for the ponies in the future.

3. Twilicorn was an awesome step toward change in this series. Most series never change and get boring over time. This one didn't by changing the mane character's appreance and name. Great things can only happen.

Don't worry man, everything is gonna be fine, Season 4 is gonna be the best season ever.

Dangnabbit. I swear, you must be a ninja. No one can be that fast... mlp-diunno.png

Anyways, I am stoked for Season 4! I really can't wait to see the direction the show will go in with Twilicorn. qAmP4.png

• Brohoof 1

I'm quite excited, but also quite concerned about it. I won't  jump into any conclucións yet, nor read or watch any kind of spoiler either, so I suppose I'm gonna wait. And even If the third season brought me many little jewels, the overall quality was quite poor regarding plot depth, five excelent episodes out of thirteen. And the finale which I felt  more like a half-hour long toy's commercial.

With "Equestria' girls" even though my hopes were almost at level zero, the movie end up being nothing memorable but nothing awful either.

I have all my faith in Season 4. Will this end up being a disappointment, or will be a glorious dash to something great? I don't know about you, but I'm ready!

Apologies for my english, it's not my first language.

Hype? That's an understatement! I don't think we've ever been so excited for anything! I have a feeling this is going to be the best season ever - they've really made it for the fans. Already from the animatics there are subjects that have been debated over the years, and now they're finally making it canon!

Anyway, I was gonna say, we are more than hyped... We cannot control our excitement... We will smile at our computer screens just at the mention of it... We will throw our bowls of cereal if we don't get it soon!

I'm actually more hyped about season four than I was as hyped as season 3 for myself. Season 3 was all hyped because it was a totally new season with new episodes after a very long time. I was a bit disappointed because season 3 had half the episodes it should of had, and that's one on the reasons why I'm hyped for season four. A whole 26 episodes, plus with all the events they left us with season 3, which means there's a high possibility to see more Scootalove, CMC, Princess Twilight, Rainbow Dash's role in the Wonderbolts, Discord being reformed, and other stuffed I may have missed.

Season 4 is gonna be an epic! I have high expectations for the writers because I know they won't let me down.

I haven't seen any news regarding Season 4 at all, but what I do know, is that the things you have mentioned, the writers pulled off rather well, despite all the pessimism and hate they received from bronies.

To be honest I'm pretty excited for season 4 I think it's going to be the best season yet...

why?

- Luna and Vinyl sing

- Celestia and Luna history 

- 15 - 20 new songs

- Alicorn Twilight

- Scootaloo episode

- More Spike

Don't worry season 4 will be awesome :).

• Brohoof 1

I'm hyped up for it! I liked Season 3 a lot actually, it had some great episodes in it. It was short but sweet. About season 4, I'm excited a lot! Pretty much for the same reasons as everypony else. That and I'm bored and new mlp episodes is always a good thing to kill boredom.

(edited)

You did see those animatics right? How could you not be looking forward to this? As for the factors you mentioned causing said worry.

1.) Equestria Girls was a fun spinoff movie that isn't effecting the main series

2.) I see nothing wrong with Twilicorn it progressed the character and is opening up the path to answer long sought after questions. Like the nature of alicorns and princesses in Equestria. As well as learning at least some also long sought after backstory on Luna and hopefully Celestia. 

In both these cases the negative reaction was extremely preemptive. Months before Alicorn Twilight happened people flipped out because of a rumor the put a negative spin on it. People already were gunning at Twilcorn as a bad thing well before the episode aired. As a result when the episode aired many latched on to any reason to hate it. Lets just list a few reasons I find rediculous.

"Musicals are lazy!!! worst episode ever"
*facepalm* Yep not like animated musicals are super hard to pull off or anything. Its not like it requires the finesse of two extremely  hard art forms working together to get it to work nope. Pure laziness apparently. 

"Destiny has never been part of the show, terrible episode"
Cutie Mark Chronicle's letter to Celestia focused on having a special magical connection to ones friends even before they have met. Sounds like destiny to me. 

"Its marketing for a new toy!!! terrible episode"
Uggghhh Yes it is marketing for a new toy. The whole show is marketing for toys. Key characters were included for the sole purpose of making selling toys easier such as Sweetiebelle, Scootaloo, and Cheerilee. Scootaloo and Sweetiebelle's whole purpose seems to be for Hasbro being able to reuse some G3 molds.Don't see anyone hating on them. 

"There was no foreshadowing, it just came out of nowhere"
This kind of boggles my mind as well. The series has been leading toward this since season one, if not alicorn then most likely princess. There are numerous visual indicators that lead one to conclude this. The fact that Twilight's element is a crown while others are necklaces. The fact that Twilight is the direct apprentice to Celestia suggests something greater lies in her future. Twilight's very name got many thinking of its relation to night and day and as a result the princesses themselves. Then there's the big hint in The Crystal Empire episode. Not to mention there is definite progress in Twilight's understanding that seemed to be leading towards something. Really this has been predicted since season one. There have been numerous fan fics and pieces of fanart on the subject. The very first thing I saw predicted on EQD after the Crystal Empire was Alicorn Twilight. Yet when it actually happens its said that it came out of nowhere? 

Not to mention the predictions being made as if they are fact. 

"Twilight's going to abandon her friends"
Depite the fact the MMC focused on the importance of Twilight's friends both to Twilight herself, Ponville, and Equestria. 

"Twilight is going to outlive her friends"
Why is this a given? Its not. This is mere supposition. also its been confirmed not to be the case, not that it will ever come up in the show anyway. 

"Twilight will lose all of her personality flaws"
Why? Why in the world would this happen? There was no indication of this in MMC or anything else.

Same with Equestria Girls. So many things were said to be horrible about this thing before it even came out. 

"Oh no its all going to be about stereotypical high school nonsense."
Surprise surpirise it really wasnt. In fact a big message in the film was to embrace differences and come together in friendship and unity. That means uniting the stereo-typically separate groups in highschool such as the nerds, the jocks, the dramas ect. Most of the film focused on Twilight coping with this new world and form and reuniting her friends. 

"Oh my God it has ponies in it that means it will be cannon"
Well what do you know all indications are that this isnt the case. Heck its been confirmed that Flash Sentry wont be in season four at all. The whole film seems to be made so that its a separate story that effects Equestria as little as possible. 

"Twilight is gonna have a boyfriend now and kiss!!! oh noes"
Well again this really didn't happen. At most their relationship was slightly flirtatious and they never kiss. Heck Flash Sentry barely even appears in the movie and plays an almost insignificant part. 

TLDR
When it comes to panicking in this and most other fandoms it seems to be preemptive and borderline rabid. Instead of waiting to see the product it is judged before any sufficient material is released to make said judgement. Take what material is given if it excites you good, if not then don't judge the whole product wait. 

Edited by Anadu Kune
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

First of all, Twilicorn is a good thing!

Now that Twilight is an alicorn and a princess, they've opened up a whole new little world to explore!  If they hadn't done this, I can assure you that FiM would end even quicker than if they hadn't.

And this shows how great FiM is.  Most shows never change.  The characters never accomplish their dreams.  But in FiM, we can watch our beloved characters grow!  Look at Twilight, look at Dashie!  Their making it more beautiful than we could have ever dreamed!

EQG won't change the show.

Anyway, it was awesome Cx

Let's trust them!  Because of course, they gave us a bunch to look forward to!

Spoilers now, don't read on if you don't want spoilers!

We get to see characters who haven't sung, sing!  Hope for Luna!

Daniel is really proud of the music for season four.  Prouder than the other season's music.

They think they broke Tabitha with the Rarity lines this season
Andrea says Pinkie Pie's season 4 writing is hilarious, and piles of crazy stuff happens to Fluttershy.
The musical style episode in season 4 centers around Pinkie Pie.
Pinkie Pie meets someone who gives her a run for her partying money.
Spike is put into situations much more uncomfortable than normal.

Season 4 has a Pinkie Pie sisters visiting episode.

More Zecora apparently!

Superhero mane six!

Scootaloo's unable to fly episode.  Which, come on, we've been waiting for!

Nightmare Moon!  NIGHTMARE.  MOON.

Also, I have a little thing inside me saying Pinkie Pie is apart of the apple family.

I mean, why else would she be there while they sang about how great it is to be in their family.

And, orange farms, apple farms.  We not a rock farm?

So don't worry about it!  It's ponies!  Even with bad episodes, we always get something out of it.  And I doubt we will get many bad episodes.  Possibly 1/26

Edited by Feather Gem
  • Brohoof 2

I refuse to construct an opinion on season four without sufficient evidence to suggest it will be done poorly. So far, evidence is lacking. How do we gather evidence? Wait for season four to come out. After the first three or four episodes, you should be able to begin constructing a valid opinion. 

The only problem I have with season four so far is the wait. Four months is a bit excessive considering how long we've already waited.

You did see those animatics right? How could you not be looking forward to this? As for the factors you mentioned causing said worry.

1.) Equestria Girls was a fun spinoff movie that isn't effecting the main series

2.) I see nothing wrong with Twilicorn it progressed the character and is opening up the path to answer long sought after questions. Like the nature of alicorns and princesses in Equestria. As well as learning at least some also long sought after backstory on Luna and hopefully Celestia. 

In both these cases the negative reaction was extremely preemptive. Months before Alicorn Twilight happened people flipped out because of a rumor the put a negative spin on it. People already were gunning at Twilcorn as a bad thing well before the episode aired. As a result when the episode aired many latched on to any reason to hate it. Lets just list a few reasons I find rediculous.

"Musicals are lazy!!! worst episode ever"

*facepalm* Yep not like animated musicals are super hard to pull off or anything. Its not like it requires the finesse of two extremely  

hard art forms working together to get it to work nope. Pure laziness apparently. 

"Destiny has never been part of the show, terrible episode"

Cutie Mark Chronicle's letter to Celestia focused on having a special magical connection to ones friends even before they have met. Sounds like destiny to me. 

"Its marketing for a new toy!!! terrible episode"

Uggghhh Yes it is marketing for a new toy. The whole show is marketing for toys. Key characters were included for the sole purpose of making selling toys easier such as Sweetiebelle, Scootaloo, and Cheerilee. Scootaloo and Sweetiebelle's whole purpose seems to be for Hasbro being able to reuse some G3 molds.Don't see anyone hating on them. 

"There was no foreshadowing, it just came out of nowhere"

This kind of boggles my mind as well. The series has been leading toward this since season one, if not alicorn then most likely princess. There are numerous visual indicators that lead one to conclude this. The fact that Twilight's element is a crown while others are necklaces. The fact that Twilight is the direct apprentice to Celestia suggests something greater lies in her future. Twilight's very name got many thinking of its relation to night and day and as a result the princesses themselves. Then there's the big hint in The Crystal Empire episode. Not to mention there is definite progress in Twilight's understanding that seemed to be leading towards something. Really this has been predicted since season one. There have been numerous fan fics and pieces of fanart on the subject. The very first thing I saw predicted on EQD after the Crystal Empire was Alicorn Twilight. Yet when it actually happens its said that it came out of nowhere? 

Not to mention the predictions being made as if they are fact. 

"Twilight's going to abandon her friends"

Depite the fact the MMC focused on the importance of Twilight's friends both to Twilight herself, Ponville, and Equestria. 

"Twilight is going to outlive her friends"

Why is this a given? Its not. This is mere supposition. also its been confirmed not to be the case, not that it will ever come up in the show anyway. 

"Twilight will lose all of her personality flaws"

Why? Why in the world would this happen? There was no indication of this in MMC or anything else.

Same with Equestria Girls. So many things were said to be horrible about this thing before it even came out. 

"Oh no its all going to be about stereotypical high school nonsense."

Surprise surpirise it really wasnt. In fact a big message in the film was to embrace differences and come together in friendship and unity. That means uniting the stereo-typically separate groups in highschool such as the nerds, the jocks, the dramas ect. Most of the film focused on Twilight coping with this new world and form and reuniting her friends. 

"Oh my God it has ponies in it that means it will be cannon"

Well what do you know all indications are that this isnt the case. Heck its been confirmed that Flash Sentry wont be in season four at all. The whole film seems to be made so that its a separate story that effects Equestria as little as possible. 

"Twilight is gonna have a boyfriend now and kiss!!! oh noes"

Well again this really didn't happen. At most their relationship was slightly flirtatious and they never kiss. Heck Flash Sentry barely even appears in the movie and plays an almost insignificant part. 

TLDR

When it comes to panicking in this and most other fandoms it seems to be preemptive and borderline rabid. Instead of waiting to see the product it is judged before any sufficient material is released to make said judgement. Take what material is given if it excites you good, if not then don't judge the whole product wait. 

Totally agree with this. Nothing people are worrying about is worth worrying about.

And when was S2 tanked? S2 was amazing. S3 was amazing. S4 looks amazing.

• Brohoof 1

The positive nature from many in this thread is what I have been wanting to see for a while. There has been so much negativity over these 5 months and it puts a smile on my face to finally see that coming to an end.

As for me, I am very excited. I am not worried at all. Why be worried? The series has been advanced thanks to Twilicorn and NOW, so many doors are open. It shows that the writers are clearly not afraid of change and that is fantastic. Without change, nothing is really accomplished, nothing is learned. The show has a bright future because of this.

Season 3, as far as I know, was originally going to be the end of the series. This combined with the fact that it was obviously for syndication as well, this could be the reason why it may not have been up to par. Granted, I still loved it and it did many great things in terms of character development, but I can see where the flaws are. I just don't think those are going to happen in season 4. We are getting 26 episodes and season 3 was a great stepping stone and foundation that can now be used for the future. That is my favorite thing about season 3, the foundation it has brought to the show.

Equestria Girls, it was flawed in quite a few areas, but I think it was still very enjoyable. It isn't canon either as far as we know, but it still showed some great things. It showed that Twilight is still herself and not some 'Mary Sue' as many were fearing.

With all of this in mind, there is no way I can't be excited. I had only one fear throughout this entire wait and now, that fear is pretty much destroyed thanks to all of this new info. The positive nature in this thread really puts a smile on my face. It is such a nice thing to see after all of the doubt and turmoil. :)

• Brohoof 1

The Vinyl Scratch was just Hasbro being Hasbro we should expect as much. But as far as season 4 goes I'm not hyped for it, I refuse to hype myself up for anything anymore I've been disappointing to many times because I over hyped something. Will season 4 be good? I don't know I haven't seen it yet.

I didn't like EQGs and I was a little worried that FiM would go that way and become as cliche as that, but the preview it looks like it's not the case luckily. Just keep hype down to a minimum and it should be okay.

• Brohoof 1

The Vinyl Scratch was just Hasbro being Hasbro we should expect as much. But as far as season 4 goes I'm not hyped for it, I refuse to hype myself up for anything anymore I've been disappointing to many times because I over hyped something. Will season 4 be good? I don't know I haven't seen it yet.

I didn't like EQGs and I was a little worried that FiM would go that way and become as cliche as that, but the preview it looks like it's not the case luckily. Just keep hype down to a minimum and it should be okay.

I see no reason to dislike EQG. Sure it was a little bit out there, changing them to humans and all, but it did provide important development for the characters involved. It had a decent storyline, good musicals, and the humor was well placed; it also had a few good references and nods. 

The only problem I had with it was that the villain was a tad cheesy, and the ending irritated me.