Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

duidamasterXD

Hub

img-1735286-1-gfgfxSq.png

Lightning Dust is a young hotshot flier with skills nopony can deny. While her dedication to pushing herself and improving is admirable, she has some issues to work out before she can perform at the highest level, particularly with teamwork. Nonetheless, if she ever gets her head in the right place, the Wonderbolts will be all the happier for it. As a rival to Rainbow Dash and with electrifying flying ability, many will be taking close interest in her future.

Rules of this thread:
-No spamming post to become biggest fans

-This is a children’s show, and believe it or not there are younger people who go on these forums, please limit content to suggestive only. For example you may post a picture of two ponies kissing, but they cannot be doing anything inappropriate, or showing things inappropriate.

-Do not post a picture of Applejack in the Rainbow Dash forum, because Applejack belongs in the Applejack forum.
-Do not hate on another fan club, for example posting in the Fluttershy forum "Twilight is better!"

-I have the ability to decide whether you are doing something inappropriate or not, if I deem you are doing something unnecessary and I ask you to stop, please stop. Common Sense my little ponies.

-All of MLP Forums rules still apply.

This is the Lightning Dust thread, please only post her. If you have recommendations for another pony club, go to the hub (linked at the top of the screen).

• Brohoof 10

Lightning Dust whether she is reformed or not is an interesting character with some potential, her reckless cocky attitude brought out Rainbow Dash's responsible mature side in Wonderbolt Academy.

• Brohoof 4

I thought she was one of the best things of both Wonderbolts Academy and Season 3 as a whole, I hope they consider bringing her back in the future

• Brohoof 4

• 1 month later...

Love her or loathe her, Lightning Dust for me at least, is character with potential, just like Trixie or Discord, both of whom came back for season three, and redeem themselves, So with respect for Lightning Dust, I want to see her again and exonerate herself to the audience, and maybe she just needs friends, Rainbow Dash could have ended up as Lightning Dust if Rainbow did not have friends, perhaps Lightning is just too coarse, and needs to be smoothed, she probably needs friends just like Rainbow, to keep her grounded and to provide some compassion and affection. I like Lightning Dust, and for a while I may be one of her few fans and defenders, but it does not bother me, maybe in time bronies will warm up to Lightning, for instance there are enough fan art and this club, if Lightning Dust does comeback, I honestly hope she will gain maturity and some friends to relate to, I would enjoy that very much.

Edited by King Edward
  • Brohoof 2

Hm, this thread is alive again. Cool :)

Here's a nice piece of art by one of my favorite brony artists featuring Lightning Dust.

The Lightning Strikes Twice, by InuHoshi-to-DarkPen

the_lightning_strikes_twice_by_inuhoshi_

I just love the general atmosphere in this picture. It's as if Dust just popped out of nowhere and is all ready to get revenge, or at least do something she probably shouldn't be doing  :wacko:.

• Brohoof 1

Goodness, it's been a long time since I've seen this character around!  I nearly forgot she existed!

No, I'm not bagging on her, just genuinely surprised to see her pop out of nowhere.  Not a lot of people give her as much attention for a side character like they do with Gilda or Trixie.  That's too bad, she makes for an interesting antagonist to Rainbow Dash.

I personally don't know if they'll ever show her again in the show since she only appeared for that one thing with the Wonderbolts, but I bet with some ingenuity, they can bring her back to Ponyville or some other place and either challenge Dash for some reason or maybe even come in as a support character.

And of course, the obligatory comic that is complete genius with Dust in it.

better_call_kenny_loggins_by_zicygomar-d

• Brohoof 5

• 7 months later...
(edited)

TBH, even though she has a "cocky" attitude, she is a very interesting character.  Yet, I hope she comes back, seeking some sort of "redemption", b/c I think she deserves a second chance.

Funny, why do i find the "badass" characters interesting, (my waifu, Spitfire; Sunset Shimmer; Daring Do; and Lightning Dust)

Edited by Thunder-Wing
  • Brohoof 3

True that!

You can just picture her streaking by, a lightning bolt shooting out behind her before she stops to a halt about thirty yards above you. When you ask her name, she just turns around all slow-like and smirks before saying...

"Lightning Dust, motherbucker."

FANMADE_Lightning_Dust_Fanart.png

• Brohoof 1

Lightning Dust is great! I know Trixie has a massive fanbase despite being a "neutral/antagonist" type charcter so I'm not sure why she shouldn't have a similarly supportive fanbase. Since we've seen Spitfire bend the rules to find success (trying to steal Dash from Ponyville's EQGames team) I find it harder and harder to see her as "evil" or "dishonorable" as her lone episode final made her out to be. Overcocky and reckless? Sure. But so is Dashie a LOT of the time.

In fact I made this tune arguing that she was worthy of being included in the wonderbolt academy.

• Brohoof 1

Lightning Dust is best pony/waifu/individual/demigod/Maverick from Top Gun.

...I have nothing constructive to add.

What are you talking about?

That was constructive. Anything praising how awesome Lightning Dust is only builds upon the foundation of the club!

lightning_dust_by_xxmoonwish-d5q4hp2.png

• Brohoof 1

Lighting Dust did seem a bit mean, and I thing LD is what Dashie was before she meant or at  least got closer to the rest of the 5, and I would like to maybe see her in another episode sometime only with a bit of character development. :yay:

Goodness, it's been a long time since I've seen this character around!  I nearly forgot she existed!

No, I'm not bagging on her, just genuinely surprised to see her pop out of nowhere.  Not a lot of people give her as much attention for a side character like they do with Gilda or Trixie.  That's too bad, she makes for an interesting antagonist to Rainbow Dash.

I personally don't know if they'll ever show her again in the show since she only appeared for that one thing with the Wonderbolts, but I bet with some ingenuity, they can bring her back to Ponyville or some other place and either challenge Dash for some reason or maybe even come in as a support character.

And of course, the obligatory comic that is complete genius with Dust in it.

img-1858718-1-better_call_kenny_loggins_

The fact that this post just gave me the biggest laugh I have had all week! :P

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...