technology Favourite computer programs to use and why ?

NightOwl

Really the only computer programs I use are GameMaker, CodeBlocks, and Eclipse, all for programming. GameMaker to make games (What I'm best at), Eclipse for Java, and CodeBlocks for everything else (Mostly C++).

Oh wait, I also use FL Studio to make my music.

My OC

Stay pony my friends

"And ALWAYS remember...to never forget." - Someone who I'm sure has said this before I did

Steam- all them sales!

Google Chrome- Internet Explorer can't touch this.

Skype- "Skype sucks" ~CavemanFilms, But it's great anyway

Camtasia- lag free screen recording and video editing for less money than Sony Vegas

• Brohoof 1

Enter the Forest...

So many people use steam, I DON'T! >:D

Well anyway

I love Skype for talking to peeps.

Chrome to browse da internet and most important, these forums.

Minecraft - best game eva

Photoshop to do som image shiz

And FileZilla to upload/change files on my website :P

• Brohoof 1

img-15490-1-img-15490-1-zmCHCap.png

[ Signature by me, made in GIMP | DeviantArt | Personal Website ]

Steam - Games

Chrome - Pony Portal

3ds Max - Visual Effects

Zoom Player - Videos

iTunes - Music

Photoshop - Image editing

I wouldn't say any of those are my favourite though, just the ones I use the most. I'm not sure I even have a favourite program. 

Two main programs I enjoy using: 

1) MuseScore: A free music scorewriter software. Easy to use and comparable (in terms of functionality) with famous programs like Finale and Sibelius. I usually use it for composing, apart from pen-and-paper.  :derp: And trust me, it's really good, if you're looking for a free music notation software.  :muffins:

2) TweetDeck: Just for the usual Twitter stuff, though it does derp around a lot.  :derp:

Yeah, just gonna list these few. There might be some others though, I guess...  :derp:

Firefox for browsin'.

Xfire for chattin'.

KVIrc for more chattin'.

FL Studio 10 and POD Farm 2 for music makin'.

TweetDeck for tweeitin'.

Steam for most of my gamin'.

It's very difficult to say what my favourites are, but I guess I'll start with the ones I use the most. This isn't in any order.

1) Nightingale: a music app, similar to Songbird. I just like the way it lays out my library in a simple manner.

2) UMPlayer: probably the most polished frontend to MPlayer, which I very much like. I find it more flexible than VLC with regards to video formats.

3) Mozilla Firefox: doesn't need an explanation really. A rock solid, heavily customizable browser.

4) YAST: you may ask why I have a control panel in my list: it is invaluable to me because it allowed me to set my DAC as the default for the whole system. I would never have picked openSUSE otherwise.

5) Mozilla Thunderbird: I can now keep track of all my email addresses without having to switch between tabs in a browser. I can also do a combined search of stuff in all my addresses. Sweet.

Ok, here goes..

• Steam - Pretty obvious.. It's great for games and talking to friends.
  • Mozilla Firefox - It's just da b3st browser, K?
  • Skype - Again.. The best thing for talking to people.. Even though I don't get to use it often.
  • Logic Pro - The best music production software I've ever used.
  • iTunes - Don't really need to explain that.

Have a nice cold pint, and wait for all this to blow over..

Google Chrome: Kinda..Obvious.
Paint Tool SAI: Great for drawing. I loves it.~ 
Ms Paint: Older versions, of course. Great for doodles. 
Windows Movie Maker: I animate with it.
Minecraft: 'Cause it is awesome. Fun game, and y'know, all that.
Microsoft Word: Good for writing with.
Notepad/Notebook: Good for quick notes. 
:derp: These are pretty much the only programs I get to use. So...Yeah. .-.

Edited by Tual
  • Brohoof 1

Steam for games/IM

Audacity for the occasional audio edit/one track transcode

Fre:ac for all other audio transcodes. Strongly recommend this if you need to transcode a lot of audio. Available for the 3 Major OSes with all the audio codecs under the sun. Rips CDs as well.

GIMP for the occasional photo slapchop.

Winamp for Audio playback

VLC for video playback

Handbrake for the occasional video transcode

Firefox because chrome's UI is rubbish

And lastly BOINC Manager for dc project management.

• Brohoof 2

I can neither confirm nor deny myself being the cause of electrical related malfunctions. Anyways, you wouldn't happen to have a jar of replacement magic smoke would you?

The programs that I employ the most often are the following:

• Google Chrome - It is my favorite internet browser due to its speed and aesthetically appealing minimalist design. 

• Spotify - It allows me to stream almost any song that I want to listen to instantly for free. When a song I want to listen to is not on Spotify, the second place I go is the website Grooveshark. I rarely use Youtube to listen to music.

• Skype - It is my preferred method of communication with others. I find its interface to not only be aesthetically pleasing but highly functional. 

• Lightened Dream - It is a great program to use to organize my dream journal in addition to its features to augment lucid dreaming endeavors.

• Notepad - It is a handy and quick way to save information. It is also where I keep my dream journal before copying it over to Lightened Dream.

• Gimp - It is my preferred image editing program. I enjoy its great interface and set of features.

• Open Office - I use this program to type official documents for school. I plan to also use either this or Google Drive at some point to compose more MLP fanfictions.

• Norton Internet Security - It is a powerful and comprehensive internet security tool. I love it.

• Smart Defrag 2 - I have this program open constantly to continuously defragment my hard drive in the background. It also defragments files that are unable to be defragmented when the operating system is loaded every boot.

• Advanced System Care 6 - I use this program from time to time as a comprehensive computer maintenance tool. I have had some issues with the ASCService.exe process seemingly hogging the near entirety of my RAM for reasons I do not understand, but aside from that it is a great comprehensive computer cleanup and maintenance program.
  • Brohoof 2

MLPFSignature.png.59d9585b08bc894da6c58dade70c9bab.png

Photoshop CC: To design, and all that

Mozilla Firefox: To browse the internet

XAMPP: A hosting program to test my projects

• Brohoof 1

wFzhocJ.png

ATTENTION!! I DO NOT TAKE REQUESTS!

• 1 month later...

Google Chrome and Opera: I alternate between these two for all my browsing needs, so them being my favorite is a given.

Paint Tool SAI and Adobe Photoshop CS5: I use these together for my drawing/art projects, and Photoshop is good for photo editing, and I just really like it.

Windows Media Player: I use this as a library for all the songs on my computer. It's very convenient for me to have all my songs in one place perfectly organized.

Adobe After Effects CS5.5: I love this piece of software so much. I love all the special effects in it, and how detailed and complex it is.

Steam: Steam is awesome.

• Brohoof 2

Let's see.

1. Chrome - Best browser I have ever used.
  2. Steam - Allows me to stay in touch with the people I have met over the years.
  3. Teamspeak - Allows me to talk to those that I specifically like from over the years.
  4. Softether VPN - Allows me to play games that I otherwise wouldn't be able to.

I'd say

Google Chrome - Although unstable, I'd say Chrome for browsing, if that fails then Palemoon

Task manager - Some things just get stuck and unimportant process need to be killed

Inkscape (Ponyscape) - everyone needs their advanced drawing software

Explorer - how else can I access these files and applications on windows (other than cmd)?

Utorrent - I use this when certain companies offer a torrent file like DCS World because I can't just pause a large download while using Chrome and shutdown my pc then have that download continue from where it was left off.  And also, DAP slows windows boot down and tends to freeze on processes quite a bit.

• Brohoof 1

1~ Steam.

great for games. far cheaper than anything on any console.

2~ uTorrent: Great for torrents...best I've used.

3~ Vector Magic- Great program for turning any image type into a SVG (Scaleable Vector Graphic) file.

4~ XPadder: Awesome for using on games that don't support game controllers on PC.

5~ Convert X  to DVD Awesome simple program for turning video formats into DVD format for burning and playing on a DVD player.

6~AVG Great anti-virus program, and i's free

7~Malwarebytes another great (and free) anti-virus for spyware and malware...I use it with AVG.

8: Willowtree/Gibbs Borderlands save editor. Let's me take chartacters  and use them between PC or Xbox.

9  GIMP. Free photo editing software,I sue it to make sigs, avatars and the like....

10: Adblock+Ghostery: Best browser add-ons ever. I never have to deal with any annoying ads on websites.

11: iTunes, I odn't buymusiconiTuens, but it's great for keeping track of the music on my PC....and a great media player (For music anyways)

12~ Div X: Great video player...I really like it.

Fluttershy's lover, she's my waifu. I'm in love and obsessed with her, she's given me shyabetes. *Hnnnng*

Keep3555Calmsig600x100HOBOFont_zpsd659ba 

Yellow Pink Squee Blogs | Ask one of Fluttershy's biggest fans | Official Fluttershy fanclub page

1. Sony Vegas Pro 12 (best video editing software ever)

2. Skype (don't use facebook, this is the best way to keep in touch with my friends)

3. Windows Media Player (for music)

4. Google Chrome ('cause 'splorer sucks)

• Brohoof 1

1447cqr.png

Signature by the amazing LittleRawr. Avatar by the as equally amazing Breeze.