Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What's a forgotten television show you like?

Nomadic

Ok so this topic is pretty simple, I just want to see what often forgotten shows that people wish they were talked about more. Oh yeah, if you could describe it or find a clip to post that would be awesome. So I'll start off with one of my favourites of the late nineties.

Cybersix: A cartoon about a renegade Genetic experiment who fights her creator Von Reichter to defend the fictional city Meridiana. In the day she hides as a male teacher by the name of Adrian Siedelman by night she fights Von Reichter's experiments with the help of her newly acquired friends.

Edited by Nomadic
  • Brohoof 2

Xiaolin Showdown was my Favorite show as a kid. I forgot about until about 2 weeks ago, when I found that they made a sequel series.

Another one is Mucha Lucha. Another great show that faded into the Ether forever.

• Brohoof 9

Country Mouse and City Mouse: I really loved this show when I was young, but it's a bit of a lost piece of my childhood. For some odd reason, I couldn't remember watching this show until I stumbled across an old clip of it on youtube a while back. My co-workers and friends were in the same boat, didn't remember the show until I pulled up the intro on my phone...

It was a fun show, a bit educational too. Two mice travelling around the world to visit their numerous cousins and help solve their problems. I remember two particular episodes, one dealing with a gold rush and the other involving an earthquake... and cable cars for some reason, I'll have to look it up again...

Now that my brain is working at full capacity, I will also post medabots. I loved the humour, the fighting scenes were great and the episodes were pretty interesting. Plus, it had the most epic character in all of anime EVER, Mr. Referee!

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 5

One of my favorite shows when I was young was "Perfect Strangers."  It is not a series that many people talk about these days, and the main cast has not really gone on to do anything that big since the show ended.

Edited by Shawn Parks
  • Brohoof 2

Ruby Gloom. It's this (surprisingly decent) Canadian cartoon that thrives on the "defanged horrors" tope and centers around this positive little girl who lives in a Burtonesque world in a Victorian mansion alongside her friends (different creatures, ranging from a skeleton to a banshee) who get themselves into wacky situations every episode. It's like FiM in that you have a quirky cast of characters and a really creative, out-of-the-box setup for a children's slice of life show. 

Might as well throw in a link to the first episode. ;)

• Brohoof 5

Mongrels. It was basically an adult puppet show about a group of animals living in London, but I think the puppets were better quality than the Muppets for example. I found it hilarious, but the stupid BBC only gave it 2 seasons before axing it. Looks like they don't know quality TV when they see it.

I'll just put this scene in a spoiler in case someone gets offended.. XD

Edited by Raritas
  • Brohoof 2

Mummies Alive! 

This cartoon had such an awesome intro but I haven't watched it in ages. I really liked this show as a kid but I don't remember it as well as my other favourite childhood cartoons. 

Edited by NightOwl
  • Brohoof 1

Hm, I dunno I never really watched much stuff that would be that forgotten that I'm aware of, and I don't watch anything really besides mlp and sometimes Pokemon anime now a days.

I use to watch Danny phantom alot, and liked that, but It got canceled and stuff. I don't think that's really a forgotten show though.

Use to be my favorite show basically, I watched it along with fairly odd parents, spongebob, and jimmy neutron.

• Brohoof 3

The great thing about that show was the slapstick quality. It was like a kids version of "The Three Stooges". 

I have never seen that.  I always thought: "Three guys with the same name?  That's a stupid premise for a TV show."  Probably an unfair judgment on my part.  Other people seemed to really like the show, although I was not sure why.  Some even say that it is better than MLP, which always surprised me.  Your description actually does make it sound appealing, and gives me a little better idea of why people like it.  Thanks. 

@@Shawn Parks,

Well, all of them have different characteristics.

Ed wants money, so he could get jawbreakers

Edd is the geeky one. He also tries to keep the other two in control

Eddy is the clumsy one, the one who wears an invisible "dunce" cap on his head. I can compare him to Snails in MLP.

Combined, you get tons of humor, epic fails at getting what they want and a trio of great friends.  

I might of already mentioned this a while back, but Freaky Stories was essentially an anthology series that showed animated versions of popular urban legends and myths, with a slight spin on some to make them more kid friendly and always started and ended with some variation on the phrase "This is a true story, it happened to a friend of a friend of mine". A few stories that spring to mind are the "Dog in a restaurant" legend told using aliens in the future, the hook handed murder done as a musical and the tale a busboy who ends up raiding an old lady's cupboard and eating a bottle of chocolate nuts after said old woman had already long sucked the chocolate off. The in-between segments took place in an early style diner and the host were Larry the cockroach and Maurice the maggot.

I think it only aired in Canada, which might explain why no one has seemed to ever heard of this show.

Another weird one that comes to mind was "Spider Riders" which is exactly what it says on the tin: warriors inhabiting the another world hidden within the center of the earth ride giant talking spiders roughly the size of a small car and fight against the forces of evil. Okay...maybe not exactly what it sounds like, but I'm pretty sure it's obscure enough to count. 

• Brohoof 1

I remember I used to absolutely ADORE Hi-Hi Puffy Ami-Yumi show. Yeah, that cartoon about the band that sang the Teen Titans theme song.

I don't remember if it's good and I'm too lazy to go back and try and watch an episode/link it here at the moment, but from what I remember, it was a funny cartoon, with some decent slapstick and a few meaningful moments here and there. Plus, the dynamic of the sisters being so opposite and yet getting along in the end, while overused as all hell, I do remember it leading to some very interesting scenarios. But god, you NEVER hear about it anymore.

• Brohoof 2