Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would it be wrong for Spike to have a crush on Twilight?

Champion RD92

So I mentioned in a status update comment that I thought it would be funny if there was an episode where Spike got a crush on Twilight, but someone said it would be morally wrong. What do you guys think? I mean I suppose it would be weird since Twilight is almost like a mother figure to him, but Spike is just her assistant really, so I don't know. Would it be wrong for Spike to have a crush on her?

If he has a crush on Rarity then it would be theoretically possible for him to develop a crush on Twilight. I don't think he sees her as a sister or mother. To me it seems more like she is his boss. I don't think it would be any more weird than his crush on Rarity. Twilight would probably kick him out though.

I think they're too close as a family to develop any feelings like that.  But it wouldn't be WRONG.  It'd probably be really awkward after the feelings were dismissed by Twilight though.

I could see this happening... It may be Spike getting a little confused about his situation... Where he and Twilight stand... their relationship is quite complex... I don't see how a crush would be harmful or morally wrong... But I can't see it being anything more than a crush... or ever actually happening since Spike is totally fixed on Rarity in that department xD

• Brohoof 3

I could understand the type of relationship where one of them has to go away from the other for an extended period of time and neither of them liking it. But really, Spike has his heart fixated on Rarity and I don't really see any need for that to change or for him to change that view. Besides, like others mentioned Twilight is fundamentally Spike's caregiver, his mother. For him to like her would just be weird.

I don't see how its wrong. They aren't blood related or anything, and we don't know how they view each other. I think Spike views Twilight as his best friend rather than a mother or big sister. If he does view her as a mother or older sister, then I can't see him developing a crush on Twilight in the first place. If he did get a crush on Twilight then I'd imagine he doesn't have a crush on Rarity anymore so it wouldn't be too weird. Its definitely not wrong, though.

• Brohoof 2

It would not be ethicly wrong but it would be weird considering he has a crush on Rarity and given the fact spike has know Twilight since birth.

Twilight effectively made him hatch, she is his mother for all intents and purposes

you know, I love wrong and evil, things.

I'm not on board for this one guys LOL.  I would feel real uncomfortable with that.  that's some trama twilight doesn't need.

not just that, i mean of all the wrong things hasbro could do, why that one LOL.

This may well be my number one on my to don't list.  Yeah they could just make it "spikes goofy and twilight rolls her eyes" and goofiness insues, but than why make it twilight than?

if done right,it would feel real, real, real wrong.

They may not be blood related, but they are still very much family, so this type of thing would be playing with the realm of taboos. Of course, I personally enjoy stories like that and don't see anything wrong with it. I'm not saying the show itself should go in that direction, just that the thought that Spike having a crush on Twilight doesn't bother me.

• Brohoof 3

I personally think it would be kinda odd, only because of what was mentioned above. They are essentially family. Twilight hatched him, has probably been raising him (could explain her apparent parenting skills) and he is her number 1 assistant minus Owlawishlist. It would just feel a little bit out of place given his crush for Rarity. Not really against entirely or anything, it just doesn't make too much sense to me.

• Brohoof 1

So I mentioned in a status update comment that I thought it would be funny if there was an episode where Spike got a crush on Twilight, but someone said it would be morally wrong. What do you guys think? I mean I suppose it would be weird since Twilight is almost like a mother figure to him, but Spike is just her assistant really, so I don't know. Would it be wrong for Spike to have a crush on her?

Wait what? Hold that.

A_very_angry_Spike_S03E11.Png

Just so everyone's clear here: Spike is Twilight's assistant. He may not be the assistant to Twilight Sparkle, now that Owliscious is around, but rather a assistant. Sure he does have the title of being "Twilight Sparkle's #1 Assistant."

But don't go around saying that Spike is "just her assistant." He's a lot more than that and he and Twilight share a bond together like brother and sister, or as Twilight like a mother, since she did hatch him. Besides I really don't think think if Spike was "just an assistant" to Twilight that she would risk her own life to find, save and support him in Dragon Quest nor entrust him with such a vital task as using the Crystal Heart to help defeat King Sombra. 

Regarding the OT, yes to some degree it would be wrong because Spike and Twilight don't view each other that way. Think of it this way, do you think its fine for an adopted child to have a crush on his mother? Its not genetic incest but its incest all the same, especially since they wouldn't view each other that way. Its similar to a teacher student relationship.

Moreover though, although it would be an interesting idea, it normally wouldn't make much sense, especially in the context of the show. Even though Twilight probably is similar in age to Rarity, her role in relation to Spike is as a family member not some romantic interest he would have.

While Spike and Twilight are obvious not related by blood they still are in some way family, it is clear from the beginning of the series that Twilight and Spike have a relationship that is a combination of a brother/sister relationship and a mother/son relationship. She did hatch him and raise him, granted she probably had help raising him but much of the responsibility for his care fell to her. It would be a bit awkward and would likely be one sided.

• Brohoof 4