Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gilda the Griffon: Your Opinion on her Past and Future in MLP

Comet Tail

Do you want Gilda the Griffon to come back?  

159 users have voted

1. 1. Do you want Gilda the Griffon to come back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Don't forget, we also need to redeem Lightning Dust, the Flim Flam Brothers, Chrysalis, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and Iron Will, and that's just off the top of my head.

But seriously, I don't think we need to redeem every single character who's ever done wrong on the show, but I wouldn't be against them showing back up. If anything, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon need redemption since they're the only reoccurring villains we have now. I mean, they're just two little foals who have superiority complexes, why does an almost-murderous griffon deserve redemption and they don't?

Regardless, I still want me some more Gilda.

• Brohoof 3

Don't forget, we also need to redeem Lightning Dust, the Flim Flam Brothers, Chrysalis, Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, and Iron Will, and that's just off the top of my head.

But seriously, I don't think we need to redeem every single character who's ever done wrong on the show, but I wouldn't be against them showing back up. If anything, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon need redemption since they're the only reoccurring villains we have now. I mean, they're just two little foals who have superiority complexes, why does an almost-murderous griffon deserve redemption and they don't?

Regardless, I still want me some more Gilda.

Just my opinion on whether or not I hope/expect those characters to be redeemed.

Lightning Dust: Yes! I thought she was a good character. Hope she learned from Wonderbolt Acadamy.

Chrysalis: No. If she gets reformed I might just throw a muffin.

DT&SS: No. Every story with school children needs the schoolyard bullies.

Iron Will: No. I think he was just a one-time character. If he comes back, I doubt it will be a episode centered on him.

Gilda: Yes! Mostly because I just like griffins. It would be nice for her to learn that it's not "cool" to act "too cool".

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Far be it for this blank-flank to suggest. But would anyone like too see a return of miss 100 percent awesome? I really related to her and dashys friendship...frankly that ending (if you can even call it that) was shallow. I my self have. A childhood friend I see daily (we are now 30) and if my current age friends had a problem with his ego I would resolve it between both partys not act like a spoiled pup...they didn't even Have Dash go after her...

• Brohoof 1

I would definitely like to see her return, because I like her. Though, the reason why I like her is exactly that ending of this episode.

In a all perfect rainbow cliche girl show, it would have ended with everyone happy. But Dash losing a friend and Gilda essentially losing all her connection to this city the ending is still positive, but with a big grain of salt.

The world is no nice and perfect place. The earlier you learn it, the easier it is to accept and the happier you will be in the end.

Her return shouldn't be a copy of Magic Duel though. In terms of story plot.

I didn't really like her all that much to be quiet honest >.>... Her character scheme is really cool but the person that she is disgusting. If she makes a return it would be interesting to see another episode with her. But if she is still the same annoying character that she was meh I could careless to be honest....

• Brohoof 1

i would hate to see gilda return.  i hate her.  she reminds me of all of the people who go to my school, so i cant stand her.  as well as the fact that she made fluttershy CRY.  that is unacceptable, in my eyes.  so no, i wouldnt want to see her again.  unless she had a major attitude change.

• Brohoof 1

id like to see moar of gilda just because pinkie will probably get all up in her face like POW and gilda is bitch because she made fluttershy cry >:( grrrrrrr

I don't really feel that strongly for Gilda, sometimes I even forget about her completely. I just don't find her character that interesting. But I wouldn't mind if she did make another appearance as long as it's done well. I have no idea how they could bring her back effectively though.

id like to see moar of gilda just because pinkie will probably get all up in her face like POW and gilda is bitch because she made fluttershy cry >:( grrrrrrr

i would hate to see gilda return.  i hate her.  she reminds me of all of the people who go to my school, so i cant stand her.  as well as the fact that she made fluttershy CRY.  that is unacceptable, in my eyes.  so no, i wouldnt want to see her again.  unless she had a major attitude change.

Yeah because making Fluttershy cry is worst than wanting to kill half of the planet or wanting to drain The love out of A city or wanting to fill all of equestria with hate and fear.

Anyway I would like to see more old characters return in general

• Brohoof 4

I dislike Gilda. And I do not wish for her to return in any future episodes UNLESS there's an episodes where the mane 6 go to like her home or something and we therefore get to see what their place is like

I think Gilda needs to return so there can be some finality on her plot. (Don't any of you dare take that out of context! dry.png )

Also, she does have a pretty cool character design, although her personality is horrible. I don't like bullies at all, but then again, who does? They need to make her a little less cheesy if they bring her back, but that was probably slightly on purpose... Still, it was really annoying.

Over all, I didn't like her character, but she does need to have some closure. Maybe, if they bring her back, they can make her less annoying. But I do not want a repeat of Magic Duel, although that was a good episode. Make it new, fresh, and interesting! happy.png 

Gilda also made Fluttershy cry!!! sad.png Grrrr!!!!! angry.png 

@@applejock,

Hello there. We already happened to have a topic dedicated to sharing our opinions on Gilda, whether we want her to return, and how we would want that to be handled, and as this was essentially the subject of your thread, it has been merged with the older one. 

I think Gilda was a one-episode character and I don't think she'll be coming back after the bomb she dropped at her party. She had the chance to apologize and make things right but refused so I don't think we'll be seeing her again.

I think Gilda was a one-episode character and I don't think she'll be coming back after the bomb she dropped at her party. She had the chance to apologize and make things right but refused so I don't think we'll be seeing her again.

That's a good point. I found her character more bland than unlikeable, to be perfectly honest, but there is a difference between Trixie, who ended her episode being chased out of town by something that was in town through no fault of her own, and Gilda leaving because she thought she was "too cool" to be around the mane six, Rainbow Dash included in that. Gilda brought her comeuppance onto herself to some degree (you can say Rainbow Dash was a bit over-the-top, but she had a basis to be), whereas Trixie could not be blamed in any realistic way for what happened to her. That's the big difference between the two, in my opinion.

They could easily make Gilda more sympathetic.

We know that Rainbow Dash was bullied. 

Let's say Gilda was as well, but instead of getting a "confident" act, developed her current unpleasant attitude.

Said attitude allowed her to not be bullied, but didn't really leave her with any friends but Dash(who actually didn't mind the attitude that much).

Thus why Gilda is so possessive of Dash when she shows up.

This works because while Gilda becomes sympathetic, she is still clearly in the wrong, and just because someone bullied you, doesn't mean you get to bully others or act like a jerk. Also brings up the fact that a lot of bullies actually bully people because of issues of their own.

If Gilda appears again, I'd like to see something along the lines happen.

Heck, you don't even need to have an outright flashback, just have Rainbow musing about Gilda with someone else asking why she is thinking about "Mean old Gilda".

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

When my brother asked,  "If you had to remove one character from mlp, who would it be?", I eventually answered, "Gilda". I don't dislike her character in any way; she just didn't leave a major impact- thus, saving continuity.

Since Gilda is part of the show though, I imagine she'll have a chance to reappear and develop. Her episode taught us that some friends aren't genuine, but addressing future encounters completes the lesson. Rather than label it "redeeming" old antagonists, it shines further light on a scenario people often face.

Whether Gilda remains stuck in her ways or resolves her situation with Dash, it'd be worth an episode; especially, if Gilda meets up with Lightning Dust! It's easy to see those two getting along.

Edited by Starlight Sky

• 5 months later...

sincd Trixie was redeemed Gilda is next in line.

Do you think Gilda should be redeemed in Season 4?

I personaly wouldn't mind it as long as They let Gilda keep her *Cough*Sexy*Cough* Personality.

I would love for her to be redeemed, and hopefully there will be an episode that tells us a little more of her backstory.  I want to see where the griffons live, how they act (hopefully not all conceited), etc.

I'd rather not. She was never an interesting character and unless they can come up with a clever way to explain her early-90s vocabulary, there's no way to make her sympathetic.

I'd rather not. She was never an interesting character and unless they can come up with a clever way to explain her early-90s vocabulary, there's no way to make her sympathetic.

I agree. I was never really fond of her character. I found her to be kind of a try hard. I suppose a redemption episode could be good, but seems like it'd be kind of predictable. Edited by Seibutsu Akuma

I don't like Gilda very much... I own her as a blind bag figure, so it would be good if they made me think good of her, or atleast "respect" her as in "Well, she was a good villain-ish". But now it's just... WHY DO I EVEN HAVE YOU IN MY SHELF GILDA:....

Well it was an accident, I looked up the wrong code on the bag OKAY! It was supposed to be Big Mac... Brr.

Yes and no, have her still hate the rest of the 6, but have her make up with Dash regardless. It'd show that some of your friends may not get along with others

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be a really cool idea for her to be redeemed. For a show about friendship, RD really shoved her old friend off. I think it would be a really good episode about how you should always try to understand the differences between you and your friends. Even though they don't see eye to eye, RD and Gilda could still be friends, and maybe Gilda could learn to be a lot nicer while she's at it. :D