Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

EQD: Season 5 Confirmed for My Little Pony!

Dzastur

I am on the fence as to whether or not this is a good idea. I suppose it all depends on how season four turns out as a whole, and what the season finale depicts. From what I'm reading, his quote suggests that there may or may not be seasons beyond number five. Let's hope for a quality show, bronies.

Full analysis of the situation pending on my tumblr blog.

As of right now I'm holding my excitement to a minimum, just do to the fact that Season 4 hasn't even reached its half way point, and I want to see how well this season does before getting too excited. Although I do have high hopes for this season which would mean the bar will be set high for Season 5.

• Brohoof 2

I am still not buying into any of this. I will wait until there is a real confirmation, not Andrea saying "Yay, season 5" to the Equestria Daily post. When one of them says that season 5 is confirmed then I will believe it, until then I will assume it was a mistake and Andrea is just playing with us.

Anyways, I am not quite ready to think about a new season yet. We just got season 4 and that is enough for me.

Yes! Another season of pony to look forward too! And how about some fitting music.

Oh man, I hope the show doesn't jump the shark even more than it already has.  :(

Just wanted to say the first time i read this I thought it said jump the shrek. XD

Edited by Super Derpy

While I can't help but look at the direction the show is going and wonder how close it is to ending, I wasn't worried that season 4 would be the last. I was fairly confident there would be a fifth season, though with little clue what it might bring. Glad to see that my suspicions were correct. Looking forward to it whenever it gets here., whatever it may bring.

• Brohoof 2

Howdy all!

As Twilight would say: YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!! :yay:

Great news indeed.

Should be interesting what new stories involving the Mane 6.

More Rarity goodess I hope. ;)

We'll see.

Ta ta fer now!

I'm not surprised at all; I'd be more surprised if they cancelled/ended it, honestly. The show is insanely popular, and Hasbro just wouldn't get rid of it like that. I'm still happy/excited to see it confirmed though. :) It took forever until season four was confirmed. I'd rather just focus on season four right now until I think about season five though. We're only 9 episodes in, after all. I hope they can keep the show fresh. I'd rather it end instead of seeing it end up like Spongebob. I have faith in them though, so I welcome another season. :D

• Brohoof 2

While this news is hardly surprising, it is still as good a reason as any to celebrate! :)

Given how successful MLP is, I definitely think there's a possibility of many more seasons in the future as long as the franchise proves profitable for Hasbro as it has been doing. I am slightly concerned about what can be done with the series after it has reached a certain point. Season 4 has proven itself to be the most ambitious season yet what with its somewhat loose season-long story arc, constant cliffhanger endings, and episodes revolving around "keys". I just don't know if they could take this kind of approach for a fifth season and execute it as well as season 4 has been so far. I'm hopefully optimistic but slightly cautious is all. I'm no stick in the mud though. So long as there's still stories to tell and lessons to learn and as long as I can tune in to the characters that I love so much and still find quality entertainment in the program, then I am all for a fifth season and many more!

Cheers! :D

• Brohoof 4

I did tell everypony so!  I said that Hasbro wasn't about to let this show end.  They will keep it going as long as they can.  And, in the event that is does end, they will have a spinoff lined up.

Called it. FiM is Hasbro's biggest moneymaker since those shite Transformers movies. Exactly what reason would they have to just chop it down at the height of its popularity?

attachicon.gifsmug.png

Brohoof for also being somepony who told everypony so.

• Brohoof 1

I am on the fence as to whether or not this is a good idea. I suppose it all depends on how season four turns out as a whole, and what the season finale depicts. From what I'm reading, his quote suggests that there may or may not be seasons beyond number five. Let's hope for a quality show, bronies.

Full analysis of the situation pending on my tumblr blog.

I don't think there should be too much to worry about. While it's true that there are some shows like Spongebob or Fairly Odd Parent which both have more or less gone down the shitter around the 3-4th seasons, there are other shows like King of the Hill or the early Simpsons who have had at least 10 straight seasons worth of consistent quality(or the entire series in the case of KotH). 

So far S4 is shaping up to be really good, so it's likely that this show is still a lot in it

Edited by Megas75

When i became a brony, way back 2years ago, people where jokeing and saying 6 seasons and a film, I never thought that we would get so close to this!

I thought the show might be going stale with s3 but s4 has been some of the best!! Let the good times continue!

• Brohoof 1

Woohoo! I'm so happy they have decided to make season 5!! I fear the day where they cancel my little pony. There will be riots everywhere and love and tolerance will go out the window in a bid to make them continue making ponies.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not too concerned about the quality of S5. I'm just happy that this fandom will keep going on. What we've all done and been doing is astonishing. The high quality art, the superior quality toys and plushies, the crazy stories, the amazing animations, original music, videogames and millions in donations, all spawned by a little kids show and the fans who believed in it. You're all a good group of people with amazing passion. I can learn so much from you all and I'm proud to associate myself with you all and so happy that this fandom will continue on. We're just getting started.    

• Brohoof 4

• 4 weeks later...