Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Applejack parents. Where are they?

zev_zev The outcast

I apologize if this topic has already been, but I did not find it. Maybe the answer of this question is obviously from the most of bronies, but I'm a new person in this fandom   *Demonic voice inside me awake* "No, you just a slowpoke Zev..."   Hey shut up... Sorry, So the question is: Where is the parents of AJ, Big Mac and Applebloom, and what do you know about them?
Edited by zev_zev

I apologize if this topic has already been, but I did not find it. Maybe the answer of this question is obviously from the most of bronies, but I'm a new person in this fandom   *Demonic voice inside me awake* "No, you just a slowpoke Zev..."   Hey shut up... Sorry, So the question is: Where is the parents of AJ, Big Mac and Applebloom, and what do you know about them?

I believe the currently most accepted rumor is that their parents are dead.......

• Brohoof 1

They are DEAD. D... E...D....DED.

they are believed to be dead.

They are never mentioned.

They don't turn up to the family reunions.

They aren't in any of the family reunion photo's, even previous ones.

The two falling stars that AJ see's in that episode are believed to symbolise them.

I think the acceptable canon truth is, that Applejack's parents are dead. The two shooting stars from Apple Family Reunion in the night sky, represent Applejack's parents.

ajparents.png

• Brohoof 3

Dead? Well it explains a lot. It seems that their death was not natural. Granny Smith is still alive.

Most believe some kind of accident killed them. Either at the farm itself or perhaps somewhere between Ponyville & Manehatten as The Orange Family live there. Also, its clear during the Cutie Mark Chronicle episode that they were gone before she had even earned her mark,

They're dead.

1.JPG

Plus, Applejack's parents being dead is what Lauren wanted to happen. They more than likely died from an accident of some sort. 

• Brohoof 3

From word of Faust:

Q:  Where are Applejack's parents?

A: To put it bluntly, we just never figured it out.  I just liked the feeling of them living with their Granny, but keeping the family dynamic tight and small.  To be honest, I would like to simply say that they passed away somehow, but it's just too sad for a kids' show and I don't think it would have ever been approved.  There was brief discussion of them being traveling salesponies or explorers, but since we never needed the information in an episode, nothing was ever made official.  So it will have to remain a mystery until someone decides to define it.

Source: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/12/lauren-fausts-animation-faq.html

And it finally was defined in Apple Family Reunion when two shooting stars fly across the screen not just once, but twice, as seen in this video:

The shooting stars are a symbol of AJ's parents as confirmed by storyboard artist Sibsy:

1.JPG

PS: Thanks for beating me to it, Wheatley. :P

I for one am glad that the the FiM team honored Lauren Faust's wishes on this one. :)

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 5

She's fine, and it's clear she's got over it. Good for her.

I hope they didn't die of anything extreme because Granny Smith is still alive. xD

Yeah, I also believe that AJ's parents have passed away, since the shooting stars implied that. Still, I don't think the fate of AJ's parents will ever be mentioned in the show, so I guess it's possible to believe that her parents are just away somewhere. However, I think Applejack having deceased parents adds an interesting depth to her character.

I think that the episodes all point towards what everyone else is saying: the Apples are more than likely dead. In a family as tight-knit as the Apple's it seems impossible to think that they would never visit, write or check up. Not to mention she, Big Mac and Applebloom all seem to treat Granny Smith like a mother figure. She recalls everything from their childhood, but the parents are in none of the memories (as far as I can tell). 

And, as sad as it is, I think that the passing of her parents fits nicely into the Apple characters. A.J. and Big Mac have basically had to take over as parental figures for Applebloom (which we see all the time). It also gives A.J. a reason to be so strong and such an anchor in the Mane 5. Plus, A.J. seems especially attached to Sweet Apple Acres: presuming her parents at one point controlled the farm it could really be A.J.'s only tie to them. I mean, Big Mac probably has memories of them but A.J. was probably only a toddler, and Applebloom a baby. Sweet Apple is probably the only real tie she feels to them, explaining her deep-seeded love of the place. 

• Brohoof 1

She's batmare, her parents are dead

...okay, seriously, I don't know. But maybe they died. Probably.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

So...what if.

What if Applejacks parents were suddenly introduced into the show?

I mean, yeah, they're suppose to be dead.

But what if...a writer...decided to ignore that and then one day, BAM!

AJ's mom: Oh hai! Were back!

AJ's Dad: Glad to see us?

How would this turn of events make you feel?

post-25650-0-51574600-1398508318_thumb.png
Doing that would be a huge fuck you to the fandom. 
I mean, how many years would they have been gone now? Some parents  >_>

Edited by Ritan Kurai
  • Brohoof 6