Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Farthest points you've traveled

DubWolf

New Brunswick,Canada to the Philippines. Yes multiple very long plane rides. 

So I'm *not* the only one here who's been to the other side of the planet.  I was beginning to think I was.

North:  Niagara Falls, Canadian side.  Actually, just north of it.

South:  Bermuda

East: France

West:  South Korea.  Yeah it's the "far east" but you have to travel westward over the Pacific to get there.   Went there four times in fact, including three whole summers as a kid.

I live in the U.S, Illionis.

The farthest I've traveled was the Dominican Republic. South East.

Another place I've been was Canada, North.

• 1 month later...

North: Monaghan (Northern county in The Republic of Ireland)

South: Benelmadena, Spain. (Near Malaga, south coast)

East: The Netherlands (I  THINK it was Valkenburg - it had caves :P )

West: Aran Islands (Ireland's west coast)

I live in Northern Europe, so.. Yeah.

North: The coasts of Sweden, somewhere

South: Australia, Melbourne

East: Australia, Sydney

West: San Francisco, USA

Edited by SweetieBelle456

• 4 years later...

Oh my.. Umm... I have no absolute answer for this as I have travelled to EVERY US state in the lower 48 EXCEPT Nevada, living in two places, so... No relative answer...

In the car I have driven by myself from the more center part of the country North Arkansas) all the way to Canada, Maine, New england, would be the farthest I drove that time, and to florida from there too..

And in the car from where I currently live and where I lived before moving to said place I said above (Colorado) I JUST got back from a trip to Florida, which is a 24 hour endeavor, with lots of detours and stuff, going through like 13 states... I have been everywhere, but I think the two trips I mentioned up there constitute the farthest I have traveled by myself.

But I have been to 47 out of the 48 of the contiguous US, so... I have been almost everywhere, at least in the US I would say, and been to two Canadian provinces, one being for a short time on a family trip yeeeears ago, and the other being last June where I actually stayed a night up in Ontario.

(edited)

Current Location: Milwaukee, WI 

East: Boston, MA

West/ South: Honolulu, HI

North: Point Barrow, AK 

Though that was too easy. Let's go with runners up! 

East: Liberty Island, New York

West/North: Anchorage, AK  (I know, same state, but Chicago is closer to Atlanta than Anchorage is to Point Barrow)

South: San Antonio, TX 

Edited by Denim&Venom

Right now I live in Anaheim, CA.

The farthest north I've been is probably Vancouver BC.

To the east, Cape Cod, Massachusetts.

To the south, Alamos, Sonora, Mexico. 

The west, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii.

I traveled to most of these places from Oregon, when I used to live there. 

I live on the east coast of the United States, the farthest point I have been is Southern Australia. To the North...would be the Adirondack Mountains in New York State. To the East...I don't really know. 

For me, I live in Indiana in the U.S. so here would be mine ^-^

North: its between Nova Scotia in Canada or Northwestern point in Washington state, cant tell which would be further North.

East: Nova Scotia for sure.

South: Caymen Islands.

West: Hawaii ^-^ Specifically Kona Island

For me the East & West questions are kind of moot due to the fact that I've entered the Phineas Gage club (that is to say that I've made a complete circuit of the entire planet in less than 80 days) not once but twice when I was in the Navy:  First time was Dec 2001-Jan 2002 when I went from Yokosuka, Japan back home in PA for leave & then back to Japan:  On the way from Japan to PA, I went the long route, which was Narita - LAX - Houston - Dulles, but on the way back to Yokosuka, I got a non-stop flight that went East from Dulles, over Europe & Asia, landing in Narita.

The second one was when I got temporarily reassigned to a ship in San Diego after the ship I was permanently attached to was halfway to the Persian Gulf.  Long story short was that the ship in San Diego lost its only technician for the system that I worked on right before a MAJOR inspection that had top-ranking brass involved (all ships have these inspections like once every 5 years or so, I had the bad luck of going through 3 of them in the 6 years I was in, which was one contributing factor of why I'd never reenlist for any amount of money, but I digress), and on top of that the system was broke so the captain was pulling her hair out & requesting help from any ship who had a tech to spare, which my ship did & I got volunteered for that.   So as for the route for the second circumnavigation, once the ship passed the inspection, after being in San Diego for a month, I got flown back to my actual ship, and the route that went was thus:   San Diego - Milwaukee - Amsterdam - Dubai - Bahrain.  From Bahrain, I got flown in a heavy cargo helicopter to my ship, and after spending another month & a half in the gulf, with additional stops in Bahrain & the UAE, the ship headed back to San Diego, with stops in Singapore & Pearl Harbor, arriving about a month later.

As for the North & South points, those are fairly easy, since I haven't done any polar circumnavigations:

Furthest North I've been is Amsterdam, believe it or not, since it's actually further north than Ottowa, Montreal & Quebec City, which are the farthest north I've been in North America.

Furthest South I've been is Brisbane, Australia, when my first ship stopped there during a joint training exercise with the Royal Australian Navy back in 2003.

Current location: northern Colorado.

Farthest trip to the south and west was to the island of Maui in Hawaii when I was 4 years old.

Farthest trip to the east was to the New Jersey side of the St. Lawrence River, very close to New York City. However, I was too young to really remember that--maybe 1 or 2. The farthest trip east that I remember was to Orlando, Florida when I was 5 years old.

Farthest trip to the north was to Portland, Oregon when I was 7 years old. Closely followed by the Black Hills of South Dakota when I was 16 years old.

(edited)

Hmm, from my current home.

North: Salt Lake City, Utah
South: Casagrande, Arizona
East: Mechanicsville, Virginia
West: San Francisco, California 

Edited by Snow Frostflame

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
(edited)

Hmm, let me think.

South: Siena in the Tuscany (what is also the farthest places of all)

West: Somewhere on the western coast of the netherlands, but I was really young so I don't know where it was. But I remember that we had to travel trough belgium to reach the camping area.

North: Cuxhaven on the german nort sea. 

East: Görlitz on the boarder to Poland. 

Edited by IronM17