Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Fluttershy Died?

StabbedByANarwhal

So. You picked the one pony that 50% of Bronies have assigned waifu status to.

and I thought Twilight getting wings was bad. we had a whole forum dedicated to the great brony, "Waaaah!"

The hue and cry would be so great, the writers would find a way to bring Flutters back. And they would be willing to kill Discord to do it.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there @@StabbedByANarwhal, I've moved your thread into Show Discussion as it's focused on a scenario specific to FiM. Please ensure you post threads in the correct forum sections in the future. Thanks man.

• Brohoof 1

If the writers were stupid enough to do this, then they might as well then have the rest of the mane 5 travel around Equestria to find the 7 "Harmony Balls"  to summon the "Eternal Harmonic Draconequus Entity" to wish Fluttershy back from "Other Field"... :maud:   

The writers aren't that stupid enough, so non of this will happen.  :maud:

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 6

If she dies, I'd be devastated for a looooooooooooooong time. :(

If she fell into an irreversible coma or some kind of sleeping death that not even Love's First Kiss could cure, that would be just as tragic! :(

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

If the writers were stupid enough to do this, then they might as well then have the rest of the mane 5 travel around Equestria to find the 7 "Harmony Balls"  to summon the "Eternal Harmonic Draconequus Entity" to wish Fluttershy back from "Other Field"... :maud:   

The writers aren't that stupid enough, so non of this will happen.  :maud:

With the DBZ-esque-ness of the S4 finale this should totally happen. And whilst all the others are searching for the Harmony Balls we see Fluttershy in Other Field having to go along a really, really, really long road...for ages.

Seriously though, I would cry  :( and then be like "wtf was that?!"  :o  :wacko:  :blink:  :angry:

I don't think they'll ever have any pony die within the show, let alone one of the mane 6.

• Brohoof 2

Um...what? That's not going to happen, so what's the point of this thread? I suppose I would be saddened, but no more than in any other piece of fiction where a character dies. I'd get over it, but I think such a death would be very out of place in a series like FiM. Besides, what purpose would it serve? I guess it could teach little girls about death, but I don't think either audience(children or Bronies) would appreciate such a plot point. If the writers want to approach the topic of death, there are other avenues to explore. Granny Smith could die, but in all due honesty, I think approaching the death of the Apple parents would be a much better idea, even though I'm not married to that either. Celestia would make a more believable tragic hero type IMHO, but I don't want her to kick the bucket either. There's absolutely nothing that indicates that Fluttershy might die, and there's absolutely no reason for her to. Besides, MLP:FiM is not a tragedy, so I oppose this idea.

I cried for over 3 hours at the end of season 1 for Telltale's The Walking Dead. If this happened, there would be no tears to shed afterwards. My emotions would become a shell of its former self.

And before anyone asks, I am actually not kidding. If that happened, that would suck, pretty bad. I am waiting for the people that think that Hasbro is being like every other 'kids' show by NOT killing someone off.

'On that day, Equestria was given a grim reminder...'

• Brohoof 2

Well, Jitterbug Jive kind of explores the effects of that, among other things, in his Discorded Hooves blog on tumblr. Because cupcakes pinkie killed her best friend, RD, Fluttershy "disappeared" (read: hung herself out in the woods) and Twilight came apart at the seams because of that and other things.

I wouldn't care if she passed away. Without FlutterShy, the show wouldn't change much. I'm sure that there is another pony is just as, if not, as kind as her.

It also annoys me when some fans say that they would cry if their favorite pony died. 

They're fictional characters with no feelings.

I would probably go along with her

That's a little too extreme. 

She is a cartoon character with no feelings and isn't real. You honestly think that you would die if she did? That's pretty f*cked up.

I can be a bit of a sap sometimes. I don't think I'd cry, but I'd be upset for a while.

It also annoys me when some fans say that they would cry if their favorite pony died.

They're fictional characters with no feelings.

Why shouldn't they cry? The fictional nature of the characters doesn't matter. When people get emotionally invested in a show and it's characters, they care when sometime bad happens to them. Sometimes, that translates into tears because that's how some people express their emotions.

Edited by Banul
  • Brohoof 2