Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you scared of needles?

Legacy Dash

129 users have voted

1. 1. Needles?

• Scared of them.
    • Ok with 'em.
    • Love 'em <3

I dont mind getting them but when i look at it going through my skin it kinda freaks me out. Even when watching movies and theres a scene where they need to inject something in someone i always look away.

• 2 weeks later...

I can imagine being scared of needles because it's a really painful process if you place the needle at the wrong spots. Heck, when I was injected with chicken pox vaccine a few weeks back, it was really painful because apparently the injection triggered a lot of the pain receptors on my skin. 

However, I'm not really scared of them. I know what the pain feels like and I can anticipate it whenever the doctor injects the needle. What I'm really scared of is the possibility that the needle may not be completely sterile, which can lead to a number of health problems...

• 3 months later...

Twilight_nope.gif

Nooooo needles for me, please. Ever. Keep them away from me, needles and I are not friends, I'm getting a restraining order against needles, needles are banned from my life. 

giphy.gif

I hate needles. 

Edited by Glitter Moon

I'm fine with them mostly. The worst was when I had a vaccination prick in my arm a few years ago. The needle didn't hurt at all, but further in the day the entire upper part of my arm started hurting. By the end of the day it was in agony. I'm never sure why that happened but it hurt like all hell.

• 7 months later...

Not sure why, but I've had pretty tame experiences with them so far, and the closest I've come to being scared is just discomfort about holding out my arm. I'm okay with them, pretty much, but I do feel a little happier once I'm done with them.

Needles I can deal with, but drawing blood, the method with a suction tube and sharp edge into your vein, a little less so- the pinching actually hurts to real, persistent uncomfortably. I don't ever want experience drawing blood again.

Nope. Like I've said before, sometimes a needle can be your best friend. If getting poked by that needle means that I get to feel better and carry on with life, then I'm going to go for it, no matter how sharp and horrifying it looks.

Not really, ive had tattoo work done and that never bothered me at all. There was a short time where i did have a small fear of needles brought on by having someone miss my vain multiple times when trying to put a needle in.

I'm not sure. When I had my Tetanus jab in school, I wasn't bothered by it, but, the thought of having a blood test would make me want to kick the needle out of the nurses/doctors hand.  :ooh:

I am absolutely terrified of needles. x_x Like, the sheer thought of what they do makes me cringe with anxiety. The sheer thought of something so small penetrating human flesh is so horrific to me. I am scared of a lot of things and needles are way up there. Standard shots are not too bad, but anything above that, nope. Nu uh. Nooooo thank you.