Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gen1 was not that bad...

Everleaf

Well as you know I like gen4 more but I seem to find it annoying many bronies go crazy (in a bad way) about gen1 but come on gen1 was pretty good for a 80s show in that amazing and hey without it we would not have the show we have today plus compared to the other genenations apart from G4 that it actually well written and think about it okay a few thoughts I said to someone on Deviantart on my thoughts on fim based off of gen1 which maybe I will post later what do you guys think?

• Brohoof 2

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

(edited)

It may not be that bad.

But its alot easier for older bronies to say they like Gen4 than Gen1...

unless of course  your a woman then society doesn't seem to care XD

Edited by Malinter

It wasn't bad, it was SH*T.

C'mon, don't even try to defend it and its one-dimensional characters, it's cringeworthy everything (voice, humor, character designs, "story") and..well..pretty much everything about it, yeah.

It was one big, girly commercial, nothing like the masterpiece that is this current gen.

It may not be that bad.

But its alot easier for older bronies to say they like Gen4 than Gen1...

unless of course  your a woman then society doesn't seem to care XD

~

Never be afraid to flaunt your G1 love!

Hell, one of my friends collects Barbie's and after a bit of teasing we're totally cool with it!

C'mon, don't even try to defend it and its one-dimensional characters, it's cringeworthy everything (voice, humor, character designs, "story") and..well..pretty much everything about it, yeah.

It was one big, girly commercial, nothing like the masterpiece that is this current gen.

Masterpiece? Are you joking? I love FIM but I wouldn't call it a masterpiece. I wouldn't even call my favourite two toons, Simpsons and Arthur, masterpieces!

From what I've heard, the only things really wrong with it is that it has the typical 80s cartoon cheesyness. But who am I to talk? I haven't seen it.

At least it doesn't look as bad as Generation 3.

I'll put it simple yes you don't like it but some people do and plus as I said if gen1 was not made actually we would have fim if you are going to say stuff like that at least say it softer 

Hate gen1...I dare you :Fluttershy stare:

The reality is, and coming from a 30 year old man who grew up playing with the gen1 toys and show, it was a great, smart and very simple show just like rainbow bright or rescue rangers. It was the birth mare of Mlp, and id ANY of you speak ill of it then you haven't seen more then some 15 minute clip on youtube. You were never a 8 year old who ran to the tv and soaked it in. Your synical and a troll to think for one moment a few screen shots or comments on the art style or human characters dialogue, give you any dang right here.

Nostolgia is very very powerful, and has a long tail...if I were you, id watch were it step.

• Brohoof 1

I actually think G1 is better than FIM! For a start the villains were better eg. Terek, then you've got the human hero Megan who could kick the Mane sixes butts anytime!

Yeah, god knows Gen 1 broke down gender barriers and sprawled a massive male fanbase.

I love the first generation series, really I do. Lauren Faust grew up on Bonnie Zacherle's MLP and no one can deny that much of her work came from Midnight Castle. However, stating that Gen 1 holds superiority over FiM is like saying Windows 95 makes a better system than Ubuntu 11.

• Brohoof 1

It was really your average 80's cartoon, there's really nothing bad about, but it really didn't have anything that stood out either

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well as you know I like gen4 more but I seem to find it annoying many bronies go crazy (in a bad way) about gen1 but come on gen1 was pretty good for a 80s show in that amazing and hey without it we would not have the show we have today plus compared to the other genenations apart from G4 that it actually well written and think about it okay a few thoughts I said to someone on Deviantart on my thoughts on fim based off of gen1 which maybe I will post later what do you guys think?

Nobody freaks out over gen one, every doesn't like 3.5. There's probably been a million topics saying the following.

G4 > G2 ≥ G1> G3 > G3.5

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

Nobody freaks out over gen one, every doesn't like 3.5. There's probably been a million topics saying the following.

G4>G2≥G1>G3>G3.5

My order as best to worst 

G4 

G1

G2? (the game was pretty cool and toys had been elegant and stuff and it's not mlpt

G3

G.....3.5  

My order as best to worst 

G4 

G1

G2? (the game was pretty cool and toys had been elegant and stuff and it's not mlpt

G3

G.....3.5  

You didn't notice I had a greater than or equal to...

You didn't notice I had a greater than or equal to...

I notice nothing XD okay sorry :P

Well...

At least Gen 1 MLP is better than My Little Pony Tales.

MLPT is a series from G1 in fact it is NOT G2, G2 that been slender and only toys, but yeah agreed XD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well...

At least Gen 1 MLP is better than My Little Pony Tales.

No no no... anything with a play on words in the title gets 10+ bonus points, regardless.

Edited by Rainbow Dashey

How about it doesn't matter if it's better or worse. How about it doesn't matter that some people do like it and some people don't.

All of this is a matter of opinion. Some of you have an opinion that it is horrible, some of you have an opinion that it's good.

You are only right in your own mind, that doesn't make your opinion right for everyone.

And Tales is part of G1, it's not G2.

• Brohoof 2

Gen 1 was ok:

I do agree that bronys can get a bit crazy about G1, and actually about all the old gens, it annoys me to.

Personally I like a little bit of all the old gens now and again.

• Brohoof 1

This proves that you haven't seen Rescue at Midnight Castle.  While I wouldn't call it a great work of entertainment, "girly" is not exactly an accurate description.  It's actually darker than anything in G4 so far.

After all, I don't think any G4 villain has ever threatened to decapitate Spike. 

• Brohoof 1