Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How old do you have to be to become a brony?

14griffin

I dunno.

I know as a 17 year-old brony, it feels weird associating with anyone younger than 15 and claiming to be a fan of the show, and I noticed most of the under 15-ers aren't really to dedicated to the show itself, just the title of "brony."

So I'll go 15 and up :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

I became a brony when I was 17 (now i'm 18) and there was nothing wrong with that. I also know some as young as 12, even 11, but this fandom with some as old as 50-60 doesn't mix well. With that, you can be a brony around 10, but for safety, and I see where my mom was concerned, meet up related things could be 15+.

"Brony" is a term. It is a term that tells that those who carry this title love a show entitled "My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic." It is not a term set to any specific age. U can be any age to be a fan, therefore u can be any age to be a brony. It just so happens that statistically the average age is 21. But just the fact that u are here reading this, I assume you are a brony.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there! And welcome to our fourms!

I hope you have a wonderful stay, and that you get to meet everypony!

Oh, and no, you do not indeed need to be an adult to be a brony. There are many bronies and pegasisters here who are still teenagers. (One of the youngest I have met on here is one of my sisters who is 13 if that helps)

Well, heres an even younger pegasister, I was 11 almost 12 when I became a pegasister, now Im 13.

• 3 months later...

Wot? You don't have to be of a particular age, yo. Bronies can be of any age. I know a 12 year old brony. Don't even worry about your age.

Do you like the show My Little Pony Friendship is Magic?

Do you want to consider yourself a brony?

If you answered yes to both, congrats. You a brony.

13+ is the age you need to be. 

I agree with this. I think "brony" refers to teenagers and adults, and you're a teenager starting at 13. It's just the term "brony" has always been used to refer to older fans of the show, and I think it should stay that way.

I think you can be a brony at any age. Though, I guess if you're talking about age demographics for the show, then 11 or 12?

Well, since the shows main demographic is, or was originally for young girls then I would say that any male 9 to 109 that likes MLP would be considered a brony. For females I would say probably around 15 since the show was intended for younger female audiences.

• 2 months later...

I am 13 years old and I love My little pony, but I feel like I am not the appropriate age to be called a Brony.

So I did some research to calm my brain.

The definition of a Brony is:

"A name typically given to the male viewers/fans (whether they are straight, gay, bisexual, etc.) of the My Little Pony show or franchise. They typically do not give in to the hype that males aren't allowed to enjoy things that may be intended for females." (Information from:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brony)

Even though it says Male viewers I still feel as I am not a good age to be a Brony. :(

Can anyone share their thoughts? Am I a good age to be called a Brony?

Edited by Suprly
  • Brohoof 6

Not everyone agrees on what the age limit is or if both genders can be bronies. I think it's kinda stupid.

You're a brony if you want to be, and if you don't want to be classified as a brony, well that fine too.  ;)

Edited by Hovershy
  • Brohoof 8