Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever been discriminated for your race, gender, or ethnicity

CosmicHooves

Have you ever had an instance in your life were someone treated you poorly or at a lower level because of your race, gender, or ethnicity?

Some guy once called me a Nazi for being like 50% German.

Ugh.

People these days.

• Brohoof 1

It was the second grade.

My palms were sweaty as I looked at this door, this...

one

door.

This was my one chance to supersede the social dogma that was beset upon me from the very day that I was born.

I opened the door, and walked in.

"Eww, no boys allowed!" one girl said.

"I'm telling the teacher!" another one says.

Needless to say, I was sent home for going into the girls' restroom.

• Brohoof 20

Some guys told me that

1)i looked like a nazi because of my "over-hairy" mustache.

2)my hair looks like a sheep (WTFF?)

• Brohoof 1

I shouldn't have ever said my family background. I said I was part french, and then people wouldn't shut up about calling me a wimp.

I myself am not even french. My grandfather on my dad's side is, and he hates my entire family with a burning passion. I have a french last name so I'm sure this isn't the end of being called a wimp. Nationality stereotypes are the worst...

Can't say that I ever have.  I'm a pretty boring guy and I've never even been close to being the target of discrimination.  And I'm thankful for that, really.  I'll admit that I'm pretty sensitive, and being the target of hatred or intolerance is not something I could easily recover from.  It's a character flaw of mine, admittedly.  Actually, since becoming a brony, I feel like for the first time in my life I'm actually a member of a group that often receives unfair and unwarrented intolerance and hatred.  It's definitely a new feeling and experience for me.  Now, I haven't actually had anyone personally show hatred towards me, but I haven't told that many people I'm a brony either, as I don't get out much and I've only been a brony for couple of months.

(edited)

Not any of these, but for a lot of other things.

I've been discriminated for my sexuality, religious affiliation (or lack of one), and for my weight (or lack of it). I would certainly be discriminated for my gender dysphoria as well (if I didn't hide that problem).

Edited by Twilly F. Sniper

(edited)

I'm always discriminated for not being a "fine example of being a good venezuelan", by my parents and my high school over and over and over. DISCRIMINATED IN THE COUNTRY I WAS BORN, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? And we later claim that the Americans are the only racists   >_>

Edited by Zekromic
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Alot of people called me a satanic asshole and I would get into alot of fights just because I am atheist. 

Edited by Kurai
  • Brohoof 2

In the US, just silly gender stereotyping, I guess. I also did not experience any hard racism that many people unfortunately have to deal with. The closest thing was that when I went with my father on a trip to Europe after I graduated High School, I experienced some passive aggressive anti-American sentiment. That was during the Clinton era, so I can imagine what things were like in the 2000's if you went abroad. Thinking about that trip also reminds me political discrimination and stereotyping is prevalent.

I myself have never seriously been discriminated against, but some of my friends have made some friendly jokes about my Italian ancestry. I would probably be more offended if they didn't make fun of it, honestly, because there are so many jokes I can make about it as well. (we all know that none of them are actually true, which is nice)

"I watch it for the plot" and that was just a few weird looks
Lol. Most of them probably didn't even know what it meant. Mostly just shocked at a male wearing a cartoon pony shirt 
  • Brohoof 1

Actually I have been discriminated against for being white XD I thought we were meant to be the oppressors. Anyway, this was in Bradford, the next city along from where I live, which has been somewhat (I hesitate to say) taken over or invaded by various ethnicities from the Middle East. A German friend of mine was surprised to find a huge mosque dominating the skyline of the city since all the ones she's seen in Germany were small. It's also referred to by some as "Bradistan" but that's just racist arseholes. The city is predominantly Middle Eastern in ethnicity to the point of whites actually becoming something of a minority there. I'm trying not to sound like a racist but I'm sure somebody will call me that anyway. The youths in the area are quite the bad apples (not because of race, they just are) and I've actually been racially abused twice for being white. It's just really weird because white guys are meant to be the racists, right?

Actually I have been discriminated against for being white XD I thought we were meant to be the oppressors. Anyway, this was in Bradford, the next city along from where I live, which has been somewhat (I hesitate to say) taken over or invaded by various ethnicities from the Middle East. A German friend of mine was surprised to find a huge mosque dominating the skyline of the city since all the ones she's seen in Germany were small. It's also referred to by some as "Bradistan" but that's just racist arseholes. The city is predominantly Middle Eastern in ethnicity to the point of whites actually becoming something of a minority there. I'm trying not to sound like a racist but I'm sure somebody will call me that anyway. The youths in the area are quite the bad apples (not because of race, they just are) and I've actually been racially abused twice for being white. It's just really weird because white guys are meant to be the racists, right?

HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA, imagine my fear when I was going to study English in the US for almost a a year, yeah, I was treated poorly at my country (it left me pretty traumatized as a result), and I expected to be treated worse, BECAUSE THEY ALWAYS TOLD ME AMERICANS ARE RACIST AND ALL THAT. Just imagine my surprise that, aside from some weird looks, I felt like home there,and now it pisses me off when I heard those comments about Americans being racist, when we are far worse (thanks you for that Chavez, hope you had a good time with crabs >_> ) 

I used to get made fun of in my early childhood because we were a "low-class" family, and I had to wear the same clothes 2-3 times a week. Nothing too serious though

Well, my case at high school was the opposite, I was discriminated for being more wealthy than them (Worst of all, they found out because of my brother bragging, I don't like to brag >_> ), had better grades, and better behaved. You have no idea of how much evil these people are capable to out of envy

When I was younger I felt very discriminated for my looks, because I had very short hair. People classified me as a boy and whenever I played with others, I had 'limitied' choices because I looked like a boy. That's a long time ago though and the worst things I've experienced is two younger boys calling me niger or whenever I walk in the streets and feel like others stare at me because I'm Asian.

(edited)

All through middle school, I got picked on for being pale. (Even by other white people) They called me names like "Casper", "Ghostie", "Vampire", you name it. And asked why I was so pale. I was just like F off  :okiedokielokie:

My best friend who is Mexican, has been treated differently by teachers just because of her race. For instance, we had one teacher last year (Forensics, so we found out how to identify skulls, hair, etc. by race) so every time she would say something about being Hispanic, she'd look over at her. And you could hear her say "Hispanic" differently. It made me mad.

Edited by Pepin

(edited)

Yes. My entire class harassed me because I'm a girl and wasn't allowed to play with an RC helecopter. As a girl I do a lot of things that a guy does, which people think is socially unacceptable (burping, sitting with my legs spread apart, making sexual jokes, etc). Anything I do is not ladylike and everybody yells at me for it. Geez!

Also that I'm a blonde white girl in a mostly asian, Indian, and Mexican community so I get treated differently for my race and looks.

Pple look at me with disgusted looks and talk to me like I'm retarded because I'm in special ed too. -_-

Edited by RainbowPastel

All through my childhood , I felt very well unwanted because of me not having my father around. Heck even churches didn't want me around because they thought that I was demon possessed. It doesn't help that I got picked on because of my last name, or the fact that I have French ancestry. So yeah, I was discriminated against a lot.