Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you love that everyone seems to hate

Moved to Elsewhere

Oh yeah, Sonic! I'm comfortable agreeing with the masses on Sonic 06, but I LOVE Sonic Unleashed!

OHMYGOD thank you! I absolutely love Sonic Unleashed too! It's my favourite game of all time, and I love both the Wii and Xbox360 version. I don't understand why many people hate that game so much! It's great! Maybe it's because the werehog stages are... Out of character for Sonic, to say the least.

Another thing is Ghost Rider. Yeah Nic Cage was a bad casting choice, but I actually quite liked that movie. I don't even mind the second one either. They should definitely remake the first Ghost Rider movie, but with anyone better than Nicolas Cage.

There's also Hawkeye. I think he needs a solo movie (featuring Black Widow, obviously) although I very much love his comic book persona. I want to read the Hawkeye comics by Matt Fraction so bad, and also Deadpool Vs Hawkeye. Of course, not everyone hates him, but I think he is by far the most underrated of the original Avengers team. I've always favoured characters with bows and arrows (accept Katniss Everdeen... Yeah I don't like the Hunger Games). His backstory is also interesting and his personality is rather relatable for me.

Edited by Wolves

Since when are these things everyone seems to hate? :blink:

I dunno, I can understand why he said the Wii, people treat it like a cancer to gaming despite having a great library of games

Edited by Gattai
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've gotten a rekindled love for Dynasty Warriors after playing DW8, which I feel is one of the best since DW3. I don't need deep and complex gameplay and narrative to enjoy a game all the time. Sometimes it's fun being a one-man army and mashing one button to take out hordes of enemies with oversized swords

Edited by Green Biker Dude

Assuming a star on the left means i have posted here and a circle means i havent..i guess i havent posted here.

Timesweep - Its a really great B-Horror-Movie and has tons of ideas. Its pretty much hated everywhere or unknown.

The Older Gens of Mlp  :lol:

Silent Hill 4 and every Silent Hill that followed. I met to many fans on youtube that say, everything after part 3 sucks  :ooh:  For some reason  :okiedokielokie:

Worms in 3D - Its not unpopular but some of the Worms fans i met, just forget about the 3D games or say that they are bad and simply not fun.

Resident Evil Survivor and Spinoffs in General - I LOVE SPINOFFS!!!  :love: Holy gosh i love them.

Its just that spinoffs are so interesting, its the same game series you like but in a completely different way. Wanna know how Resident Evil in First Person Mode Plays? Are you angry that Pacman isnt in a racing game yet? How about bulding forts in worms?

I just like spinoffs, im always open for something new and fresh in my franchises.

And most of Videogame Movie Adaptions. I liked everyone i ever watched. ( well okay, Alone in the Dark 2 was pretty confusing and strange...didnt liked that that much )

Edited by .hack//SUNSET

I love Weasels and Minks (people hate them here in Iceland). 

I love Pucksterv, however, people here in Iceland have negative views upon Dutch people. 

• Brohoof 1

The original Wii, seriously. A lot of people hate it, but if you looked past the WiiMote gimmick, it had IMO the best library of exclusives of the 7th gen (despite all the shovelware) and introduced some really good features like Virtual Console. In fact, I'd probably go as far as saying it's my favorite Nintendo console besides for the SNES, Gamecube and 2DS/3DS, and one of my favorite consoles of all time.

• Brohoof 2

The original Wii, seriously. A lot of people hate it, but if you looked past the WiiMote gimmick, it had IMO the best library of exclusives of the 7th gen (despite all the shovelware) and introduced some really good features like Virtual Console. In fact, I'd probably go as far as saying it's my favorite Nintendo console besides for the SNES, Gamecube and 2DS/3DS, and one of my favorite consoles of all time.

Not to mention, that you can also play Gamecube games on it.

Edited by Panzysoldat
  • Brohoof 2

The Star Wars prequels - I'm probably looking far with my nostalgia goggles, but I loved the prequels as a kid

The third Pirates of the Caribbean movie - I always thought it was very impressive and entertaining, don't understand the hate.

The cartoon The Cramp Twins - Receives a lot of hate but I used to watch it all the time

In 2003, Metallica released an album called St. Anger. It was met with mostly negative responses for being a complete change of style from the band's regular output, but I honestly don't have the same burning hatred for it like everyone else does.

In between the years 1999 and 2001, Machine Head made two albums that also catered to a different style of music; this one being nu metal. Most fans reviled the albums, accusing the band of "selling out", but once again, I like those albums. Here's an example of one of the songs.

3D Sonic games

I mean, not all of them are good, we all know about '06 and Sonic Boom and Secret Rings wasn't that good. But I personally love the modern games. Sonic Riders, Sonic and The Black Knight, Sonic Colours, Sonic Unleashed...I don't see why there's hate on 3D Sonic :P

• Brohoof 2

My Little Pony. Haters should stop with the hating x_x

Kinda like..Mickey Mouse Clubhouse..only a little (im not childish >: ( I just wanna feel young sometimes..to bring back childhood memories or...something)

Edited by Royal Bro-nee

• Season 3 of MLP(which has already been stated).

Nu Metal, a lot of people seem to hate it but I don't.

Limp Bizkit, they are nu metal, but I thought I'd place them separately because they get even more hate than nu metal itself. Personally I don't think they're amazing or anything like that, but I don't think they're as bad as people say they are.

Furries, the hatred towards them makes the hatred towards bronies look tame. I've even seen bronies who hate furries(along with furries who hate bronies). I'm both a furry and a brony, and I think the claims made about both of them are ridiculous.

FNaF, I haven't played much of it, but there are people who act like it's the worst thing to happen to gaming.

Edited by Trixie Heartstrings

Well, let's get the obvious out of the way, shall we? My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

RIght then, now onto the serious stuff.

Princess Twilight: I liked it. Seriously, I think that her studies were building up to this anyway, so it was gonna happen in one way or another. She just had to die first to get there.

Changelings: I like these guys, I don't get why people hate them.

EQG: Not a bad set of movies (Especially Ranbow Rocks, that movie was awesome.) and I still watch them often.

Flat Sodas: Still nice, even when the bubbles have gone. 

If it's video game related, and everyone hates it, I probably like it. The most common example is Sonic 06. Sure, it's broken and the loading times make you wanna kill someone but I thought a lot of the ideas that came out of it were amazing and it was, for all intents and purposes, the next Sonic Adventure game.

One of my favorite features in that game, which is actually one of the things people hate most about it, is the mach sections. I'm 99% certain that these evolved into the boost gameplay we know from the Sonic Unleashed era of games. So you can imagine that I also like the boost gameplay even though there's a LOT of people who hate that as well.

Come to think of it, people just seem to hate Sonic games these days, particularly in the 06/Unleashed era. Oh well. I will love all things Sonic until the day I die. *Looks at Knuckles plushie hanging a few feet away from my computer* :lol::wub:

Well, for starters, Sonic '06 nearly killed the franchise. Sure, it's not the worst game ever made in the history of mankind, but just because it isn't as bad as Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing doesn't make it a good game. It's full of glitches (Good luck jumping off any walls when you're controlling Knuckles), the level design is tedious and boring (Silver's Dusty Desert stage. Enough said), the story makes absolutely no sense at all (Was the whole Sonic and Elise romantic subplot really necessary?), and so many other issues that were all the result of bad planning and lazy execution. Just watch ClementJ64's 7-part review on the game. He explains it all in far more depth than I ever could on this thread without derailing it. It may be a guilty pleasure for some (like you, apparently), but that doesn't change the fact that it is a bad game by the very definition.

While I'm on the topic of Sonic games, I guess I might as well list a few Sonic-related things I enjoy that everyone else seems to hate.

• I prefer the official game continuity over any of the spinoff comics and cartoons. Sure, the SatAM cartoon was okay, especially for its time, but it's still drastically overrated. As for the comics, don't even get me started...
  • I actually like Amy Rose. I don't think she's super annoying or a stereotypical waste of a character. The whole dynamic of Sonic not wanting to settle down with a girl, get married, start a family, and so on because he'd rather be out and about going on an awesome adventure and saving the world reveals a lot about his character that we'd otherwise never get to see without Amy.
  • That being said, I actually think Sally Acorn has some potential to be a cool character in her own right, as long as she isn't used as a one-dimensional mary-sue plot device to shoehorn in pointless drama (*cough* Archie *cough* comics *cough*). Being the strong, independent character she is, Sally could easily be introduced seamlessly into the official canon as the leader of a group of freedom fighters (similar to Vector being the leader of the Chaotix) of doing their own thing, occasionally butting heads with Sonic and his friends every now and then (again, like the Chaotix). That way, the whole romance thing between Sally and Sonic (which, let's be honest, is completely unnecessary and out-of-character for both of them) would be forgotten and more central characters like Tails, Knuckles, and Amy wouldn't be pushed aside. Sure, it would mean she'd be a somewhat minor character, but I'd be okay with that (just like I'm okay with Shining Armor, despite how little screentime he gets in MLP:FiM).

Well, for starters, Sonic '06 nearly killed the franchise. Sure, it's not the worst game ever made in the history of mankind, but just because it isn't as bad as Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing doesn't make it a good game. It's full of glitches (Good luck jumping off any walls when you're controlling Knuckles), the level design is tedious and boring (Silver's Dusty Desert stage. Enough said), the story makes absolutely no sense at all (Was the whole Sonic and Elise romantic subplot really necessary?), and so many other issues that were all the result of bad planning and lazy execution. Just watch ClementJ64's 7-part review on the game. He explains it all in far more depth than I ever could on this thread without derailing it. It may be a guilty pleasure for some (like you, apparently), but that doesn't change the fact that it is a bad game by the very definition.

While I'm on the topic of Sonic games, I guess I might as well list a few Sonic-related things I enjoy that everyone else seems to hate.

• I prefer the official game continuity over any of the spinoff comics and cartoons. Sure, the SatAM cartoon was okay, especially for its time, but it's still drastically overrated. As for the comics, don't even get me started...
  • I actually like Amy Rose. I don't think she's super annoying or a stereotypical waste of a character. The whole dynamic of Sonic not wanting to settle down with a girl, get married, start a family, and so on because he'd rather be out and about going on an awesome adventure and saving the world reveals a lot about his character that we'd otherwise never get to see without Amy.
  • That being said, I actually think Sally Acorn has some potential to be a cool character in her own right, as long as she isn't used as a one-dimensional mary-sue plot device to shoehorn in pointless drama (*cough* Archie *cough* comics *cough*). Being the strong, independent character she is, Sally could easily be introduced seamlessly into the official canon as the leader of a group of freedom fighters (similar to Vector being the leader of the Chaotix) of doing their own thing, occasionally butting heads with Sonic and his friends every now and then (again, like the Chaotix). That way, the whole romance thing between Sally and Sonic (which, let's be honest, is completely unnecessary and out-of-character for both of them) would be forgotten and more central characters like Tails, Knuckles, and Amy wouldn't be pushed aside. Sure, it would mean she'd be a somewhat minor character, but I'd be okay with that (just like I'm okay with Shining Armor, despite how little screentime he gets in MLP:FiM).

You seem to be mixing up what the definition of a guilty pleasure is. That would imply that I would feel guilty for enjoying it. Which I don't.

I'm fully aware of its problems but I deliberately ignore them for all the things I enjoy about it and to this day feel it's treated completely unfair in that people try to say nothing good came out of it.

As everyone is saying, MLP:FiM. None of my friends are bronies, and none of them really want to even look into it. They don't necessarily "hate" it, but they don't like it.

I can't really think of anything else. I guess a lot of my friends are dog people, while I am a cat person (MEOWMEOWMEOW).

I'm fully aware of its problems but I deliberately ignore them for all the things I enjoy about it and to this day feel it's treated completely unfair in that people try to say nothing good came out of it.

Well, I guess we can both agree that at least the game had some good music.