Favorite MLP Comic?

Guest90210

I haven't read the main series, so this is only confined to the Micros and Friends Forever.

At this point, my top three are:

1. The Pinkie Micro. This one is easily better than the Rarity comic. Pinkie, Twilight, and Spike are very in character. Ponyacci is a full-fledged, extremely likeable character. The approach to the moral is so well-done (easily giving the Fluttershy Micro the proverbial finger). And the moral itself is absolutely deep: There are ways to contribute doing what you love even if you yourself aren't capable of doing it anymore.
  2. Fluttershy/Zecora (Friends Forever #5). If this were an actual episode, it'd not only be Zecora's best appearance (and actually used as a contrived plot device), but also beat Hurricane Fluttershy as the best Fluttershy episode in the whole series. The plot itself is funny and works in context, especially with the great twist at the end.
  3. The CMC Micro. Each of the CMCs are very in character. Imp (the Mimicker) is full of personality despite uttering no line. It's somewhat funny. And the moral is very deep for these fully realized child characters.

"Talent is a pursued interest." — Bob Ross

Pro-Brony articles: 1/2/3/4

Out of the ones I've read thus far, I'd have to say the Rarity Micro :D It doesn't take much to melt me into a puddle of overzealous fanboy when it comes to Rares, but her micro more than did the trick :wub: She was excellent and it was an engaging story, plus Flax Seed was probably one of the funniest characters I've encountered in the MLP: FiM universe :D There was a LOT I loved about this comic, but the way they captured the goddess of fabulosity's essence is something that really just won me over :wub:

I also want to give an honorable mention to Friends Forever #6 :D Trixie and Rainbow Dash played off of each other excellently, and they had a great dynamic with each other - I also liked the plan they made and the Trixie focus on it, given the fact they wrote her in character and she's one of my favorite characters in the FiM universe :D Best part about that one was Trixie's recollection of how she became Queen of the Diamond Dogs - she managed to take what would've been an otherwise boring plot device and make it one of the most hilarious parts of the whole issue :D

CpYKgl1.png

He who is Positively Obsessed With All Things Rarity!!!

"Not everyone who is pretty is necessarily beautiful. For those two to come together is truly a Rarity"

-Jacob G. Rosenberg

Signature by @FadedSkies

The Big Mac arc

The Celestia Micro

The Rarity Micro

Friends Forever #2(CMC and Discord)

Friends Forever #3(Spike and Celestia)

Friends Forever #6(Rainbow Dash and Trixie)

The first comic of the Pirate Arc

The Nightmare Rarity Arc

The Bookworm Arc

I have to say I'm pretty far behind as I'm reading the comics in the 'trade' versions, when they are compiled up into volumes. So I've not read the Friends Forever ones, or the more recent arcs of the main comic.

So at the moment, I'm going with the Big Mac mini-arc of the main comics. My favorite part of that arc is Luna's ever-changing T-shirt. 'Blame My Sister' indeed... :)

ConsoleSig4.png

The Big Mac/luna micro. Seeing Big Mac interact with the denizens of ponyville was amazing, along with seeing his inner thought process, and how he dealt with the weird circumstances that continued to be thrown at him. If it was made into an episode, it would easily be in my top 10, just for seeing the ponies we all know in love from a perspective we don't get to see often if at all.

The one with Big Mac is probably my favorite.

I also liked the Rarity Micro series and the Zecora/Fluttershy Friends Forever. Return of Queen Chrysalis was pretty cool too.

Thats all, off the top of my head.

29q1lx3.jpg

I haven't got one and a off topic question: can i reed comics online for free?

I am shore you can, but you really should but them they are really good. Plus it helps so they will make more.  

Credit to Kiki

img-23852-1-post-18984-0-98301200-1417638455.png

Luna Micro, Celestia Micro, Pinkie Micro, CMC Micro, and the Big Mac storyline.

Have the courage to think and act on your own. And have the courage to disobey.

(edited)

I think MLP: FIM issues #17-#20. The one with Sombra and Celestia.

I also really enjoyed Big Mac's and Luna's micro series.

Edited by cattoy10

Zen and the art of Gazebo repair and Neigh Anything. oh and Twi and Shining's Friends Forever comic. :wub: He still calls her Twiley! Friends forever indeed! fears officially alleviated!

Don't be a nerd. Join the herd!

The Alternate Universe ploy with Celestia & AU Sombra is easily my favorite, followed by the Chrysalis arc, Shining Armor/Cadence arc, Big Mac Arc, Celesta/Spike FF, Luna Micro, Celestia Micro...

...bah, I love em all aside from the Rainbow Dash Micro and Applejack/Pinkie Pie FF. :)

0C974976-AEAC-473F-A904-E17FE9F80486.png
Pathfinder I Sojourner I CorsairZu'hra I Autumn | Scarlet Willow | Gypsy | Silverthorn | Crystal Whisper | Radiant Historia | And many other OCs~
Matching signatures with mah Bestie MOONLIGHT <3

I haven't got one and a off topic question: can i reed comics online for free?

Yes, but I would ask that you don't even try. Comic writers and artists are not rolling in it, and I would ask that you support IDW through Comixology (they have run decent sales and freebies).

I've only picked up the first two arcs of the main title as floppy's and the CMC/Discord FF Issue. So far the CMC issue is my fav ... but I really enjoyed how they closed out Nightmare Rarity (Remember me ... come back to me)

Yay for awesome Spike scene.

I loved Celestia's micro, and it was the first one I've ever read. It helped the fact of having ponified Harry Potter characters, AND TO THINK I DIDN'T NOTICED THE MALFOYS AT FIRST THINKING THEY WERE JUST RANDOM SNOBS  :o

img-2932814-1-Siggy_zps681ace54.png

I loved Celestia's micro, and it was the first one I've ever read. It helped the fact of having ponified Harry Potter characters, AND TO THINK I DIDN'T NOTICED THE MALFOYS AT FIRST THINKING THEY WERE JUST RANDOM SNOBS  :o

I have yet to read any of the Micros but thats just convinced me which one to start with :)

FiM issues 11 and 12, I rather like how it kinda gave the Crystal couple a bit more backstory.

tumblr_ophom39tgR1qcy62fo1_250.gif

My favorite issues are the Nightmare Rarity arc, Rarity Micro, Celestia Micro, Luna Micro, Spike + Celestia Friends Forever and Twilight + Shining Armor Friends Forever.  

MLPForums "Self-Proclaimed" Kamen Rider Nut
Now, count up your sins!
I do Traditional commissions, by the way! See them HERE!

post-8308-0-43031100-1429818502.png

Banner was done by the wonderful Kyoshi.

(edited)

As far as I'm concerned the team of Andy Price and Katie Cook can do no wrong. There's a reason why they work well together and really are the main contributers to the MLP comic series.

%2524_57-2.JPG

Edited by Freewave
  • Brohoof 1

I have made brony music since 2011. I like all kinds of music and genres. I'm sure you'll like some of it..

Here's My YouTube..I have several albums on Bandcamp and Pony.FM.

Check out the 20+ Musician project Maressey which I am running. 

600x100%2Bsongs2.gif

Check out the  Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal to all things Brony + Music.

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite is probably Big Mac's arc- I'll admit that I love it when you get to see characters just living their lives about town. Lends a lot of humanity (equinity?) to them, and there was a lot of great art and humor in the comic besides. Andy Price and Katie Cook are my favorite comic creating duo, pretty much anything by them is something I'll love.

(edited)

I've read the entire 10-issue micro-series and the first four volumes (first sixteen issues) of the main series.

The Rarity Micro-Series is my favorite by a wide mile.

Looks like I'll have to type this in white text as a spoiler, but I really liked the Rarity having a picture of Applejack by her bedside along with Spike and Opalescence. I also liked the cute hippie ponies in general.

I also like the Big Macintosh two-parter and his interactions with the amazingly sassy and hammy princes Luna with her Valley Girl T-shirt messages that changed in every panel she was in, and the other two mares who became smitten with him.

Edited by GuillermoGage

Looks like I'll have to type this in white text as a spoiler, but I really liked the Rarity having a picture of Applejack by her bedside along with Spike and Opalescence. I also liked the cute hippie ponies in general.

Thats adorable  :wub:  I love those little details!