Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you hate about your gender?

RainbowMau

I object to this question :P A) It is posed as a negative. B) The genders are predisposed to from into each other and there are no sharply different genders IMO.

If I had been born a girl I would be happier sexually. Guys always think I am kinda macho and tend to be surprised when I'm not.

On the other hoof, all the girls I know are less wild than me or my guy friends were.

• Brohoof 3

6 hours ago, Califorum said:

One thing I hate about being a dude is that I have to shave every other day if I don't want to look like a bum and I have to shave other areas regularly. I hate shaving. 

At least society doesn’t call your gender a European stereotype when you don’t shave :scoots:

I hate the stigma of guys having to keep their emotions to themselves. I still do it, only because it's an ideal that I've been brought up with and I don't really know how to change that.

• Brohoof 2

I don't really care about the mostly socially constructed gender as these days what gender is implied to mean by some (though there is also the performative gender stuff). Though yeah i'm female. 

In terms of what people see you as they will probably always partially judge you as what they see and gender comes into that what roles. But there is a certain extent that people still see for who you are especially what people who know you well do will see you as so.

I don't want to associate with a lot of fake femininity things like make up which I see as a major problem not like in a feminist sense as much as more it gives a sense of being insecure and presenting a false image especially to the extent some people here put it on which is completely powdered over to the point you cannot see their real face at all. I just don't understand what the point is, and often it's not even that women want to impress men but for themselves as far as I heard. 

Otherwise I don't want to try generalise too much though I know there are a lot of trends you can easily say.

But generally let me say I keep to myself because a lot of these things I find toxic and I want to make my own path. 

There are also things that are biologically annoying ofc. And issues that are specific to each. I think periods are pretty bad though

Spoiler

some (cis)women don't get it as much in terms of pain, but I can say I have thrown up many times, been stuck in a toilet cubicle feeling like gonna die and lying on the ground thats how bad it can get, i've been sent home more than a few times and dis process happens once a month but the pain varies. I got some new drugs tho which should be working better now but it's honestly very strange how inefficient this process is, most other animals reabsorb stuff back into the body, evolution is like a weird process. It also makes u feel very drained.

Maybe that's too many deets for some ppl haha but that's like yeah what happens. 

Edited by flurry

Ok, I have a LOT to say about being a girl.

First off, I absolutely cannot stand the rampant sexualisation that almost every woman faces (97% of women have been sexually harassed in some way); I was an early bloomer myself and was unlucky enough to have certain uncontrollable traits that I was relentlessly sexualised and slut shamed for. I hated my body for years, I seriously thought I'd end up as a hooker just because of how my body had naturally formed. It's only since I met my wonderful girlfriend that I've begun to understand that my body is just a body and shouldn't be sexualised unless I say so, but even nowadays I'm terrified of catcallers and I generally avoid men after dark.

Second up, what's up with teaching girls that a boy bullying or hurting them means they fancy them?! Again, from personal experience, there was a boy in my class who used to pull my hair, call me names, all of that junk...and people just laughed it off as him fancying me. I don't care if he did or not, why should I (at the age of TWELVE!) have to laugh actual violence off because "oh, he likes you!"?! It's disgusting.

Lastly, though this is more of an issue with sexual education, why are only girls themselves taught about periods? We go into the world and get mocked because it's "that time of the month" and people don't take us seriously, and men often find periods completely disgusting. The sexual education system, at least in my opinion, has this weird view of women being pure and not teaching boys any of the ugly things our bodies do...which only FURTHERS the harassment and objectification women experience! Women are not dolls to be played with. We are equal beings.

Okay, this ended up being a lot longer than I intended...but there, I got my feelings out:scoots:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I can't believe I haven't posted here...

I'm implying this is about my sex being male, and not my gender being outside of the standard binary (seriously they are not the same thing, can people somehow not accept that yet... And also no there's nothing political about that statement I personally know it to just be a factual one)?

In that case:

• I really don't like growing this body hair, especially not the hair on my face
  • Adam's Apple still bothers me sometimes
  • Voice is deeper than I'd like
  • Society's expectations of me and especially how I present
  • Somewhat dislike proportions (even if I got lucky and got some feminine features)
  • The fact it doesn't match my gender

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

People assume because I’m “tiny”(thin) that I’m a weak little girl who can’t do or lift anything. Then when I get angry and prove them wrong it’s assumed I’m a b#tch,

• Brohoof 1

If I'm to interpret this as about my *gender* the biggest things would be that my body doesn't match it and social stigma/phobia. Plus the general sexism women face, trans issues aside. That and impractical clothes. Who decided women don't need pockets...

If it's about my sex, then it doesn't match with my identity, my deep voice, and general body structure. I grow a beard I don't want, but not even a full one. I'm impractically tall, to the point where clothes are hard to find, fitting in cars is difficult, etc. I'll never be able to have kids, which I admittedly don't think I want anyways, but having the option would have been nice. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm androgynous and genderfluid, therefore I don't really have anything in particular however as a dude I think it is somewhat annoying I am meant to do something such as taking a heavy object to somewhere. Excuse me, but why should I do that to my own back and knees I'm also meant to provide, sure it makes sense I am a university graduate as such I would have more money presumably but I worked hard for my wealth as such I do not see the appeal in providing for someone. Unless that someone were to provide in other ways, that would be fine but yes. Though yeah, I kind of don't really have very defining traits of it. 

• Brohoof 1

I hate periods, and I can't wait to never have to deal with them again. I also don't like having breasts. At all. I hate them. I also honestly feel like I'd have an easier time blending in with most crowds if I were male. Also- and this may just be a problem here- women are very competitive. Since we outnumber males in my country by quite a bit, a ton of women will actually dress very nicely, keep their nails on/painted and wear a full face of makeup just to do the shopping or anything else in public. And it's honestly exhausting cause I am not a particularly pretty woman and don't really care about trying to be one, I'm already married. But the pressure is intense sometimes when you're in a group of other women and you're not just the odd one out but the ugly duckling haha.

I'm also just envious of how guys seem to have an easier time finding same-sex friend groups here and them being so tight-knit. My husband and his group of friends seem to just click on every level 24 hours a day. Even when they're fighting over sports or cars or drama they seem to just understand each other and it's not long before they're over for the night again drinking and laughing. I don't have any friends at all that I'm like that with. It's actually very hard for me to make female friends and actually keep them since many of the ones I've made tend to still act like teenagers with all the gossip and body shaming. It's not explicitly a problem with my sex but the social architecture around it means it may as well be.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'd mostly have *loved* to have been born a girl outside of a couple of things neither I can mention here, but my birth assignment as male I'm beginning to loathe more and more.~

I hate the parts, I hate the chemicals in my body that are like *oooh nasty things*, I hate the look, I hate the clothes I had to/still sometimes have to wear, I hate the way society thinks people born male should be, I hate the lack of girly parts... The list goes on but it's safe to say for me being assigned male at birth is increasingly irking me.~ :dry:

Edited by Miss Kitty Cathy

Being Male

-Meant to be like other male like be into things they into like fart, fighting, chasing women, being hard or tough

-People think I weird to be into My Little Pony, some anime, character from new She-ra

-Meant to be a man, I great I'm a man, i meant by saying I'm a man it like be a hero or strong or leader or king

-Must be shame to be beaten by women, 

-Not meant to have feelings

-Not allowed to defend myself about to get hit or slap by women or children

-Not to hit back 

-Let women hit me (Like why?)

- Let women come first (I do let woman come first but not always)

• 5 weeks later...

This thread is about answering what you dislike about your gender. That's it. We are not debating the topic of gender or correcting someone on the same topic.

Keep posts on topic.