Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you hate about your gender?

RainbowMau

Male

If I say a baby is cute, I'm perceived as a child molester.

If I look at a female with tight/revealing clothing, I'm a pervert.

With my job's union, a woman can have 3 (I think) months of maternity (which is awesome), but men can only have 2 weeks, even if the mother dies while giving birth.

There's less clothing options, including pants, shoes, shirts, underwear, socks, and anything else you could think of that's gender neutral... except for hats, but I don't really like hats.

There are no scholarships for men just because they're men, but there's a flank load for women.

A woman can show her negative emotions, and everyone wants to help her feel better; a man shows his negative emotions, and people want him locked up before he kills someone.

For some reason, almost every pair of pants I've ever own have shrunk a lot in my junk area.

Women can adjust their bras, but guys can't adjust their boxers.

Women are encouraged to be proud of who they are and strive to be better than the men, but men are required to accept "equality."

In most states, a woman can be awarded custody of children, even if she's a cheater, drug user, or simply a terrible house keeper, while a man could have limited visitation, simply because he's the male and "kids need to be with their mothers."

Because my son was born before his mom and I could've gotten married, she had every legal right to name him whatever she wanted, including completely eradicating my name's placement on his birth certificate.

With that in mind, I have to pay money to HAVE my name there at all!  Who was the freaking dumbass politician who proposed THAT idea?

I'm a female, and:

-It frustrates me that I can't go topless anywhere I want and be free.

You could if you lived in Portland, Oregon.

• Brohoof 2

I have to admit, I am a bit confused on what exactly you are asking. Are you asking what we hate about our being of a gender, the gender as a whole or what stereotypes we hate in our gender?

Either way, I don't have any complaints, what-so-ever. I am a male and perfectly happy being one. Whatever stereotypes people expect me to follow will not be (or will, really depending on what it is), and I will continue living as a male, and more importantly, as a human being.

Thank you.

I'm a female and I wish I could be male

(which is why I am in the process ftm)
Cramps and period enough said
Shaving is a pain
I hate the stereotypes of I can't wear male's clothing 
(but buck it)
Then I hate longer hair cause I can't cut it too short or I'll look to male

(Which is what I want in the first place.)

I am male and it is not so much particular issues with being a male that i dislike but the whole gender expectations. I think that some people hide their appearance, interests and personalities because of them and that is unfair.

• Brohoof 3

I hate being male. Why? For the number of reasons:

1. I can't wear fashionable clothing or else they will think of me as a queer. I don't like men clothing because IT'S THE SAME EXACT LOOK OVER AND OVER. The girls have it all from sparkly shirts, leather boots, and gowns to Fur coats.

2. I don't like deodorants and perfume for men because it STINKS for me. I like Victoria's Secret perfume and also Nivea roll on because it makes my armpit smooth and white! :D

3. I like watching RuPaul's Drag Race but my brother looks at me funny.

4. I sound gayer than a masculine voice.

AND COUNTING.

• Brohoof 2

Fuuu being female isn't fun in the slightest after 9 

- PMS. Seriously I'll kill a bitch on it 

- Periods. Blood out of my vagina...Nooooo please

- Make-up. I hate that crap,and yet i'm supposed to wear it

- Girl Interests. I'm sorry my interests aren't vapid and pointless

- The clothes. I can't find a skirt that doesn't end at my knees anymore 

I'll more later,I need to vent

• Brohoof 3

Male. Of course stereotypes mainly the meatheads that seem to magnetize to my current location no matter where I am (theres only so many timee a Sane human can hear "bro" without wanting to tear out there alcohol poisoned liver and shove it down their throat) other then that having to act manly and of course those awkward moments when you realize you are getting an erection even though your just sitting at your desk doing nothing.

I'm a guy, though nothing really bothers me, except for maybe facial hair, which I've grown to hate, and it's pain to take care of. And it makes me look scruffy and dirty.

Well honestly I think that both genders have their fair share of things to hate and like, i've been curious about how being a girl would be like at times, but I can't say I like hate being a guy, I suppose there are some things i don't really like about being a guy though.

I don't like facial hair really that much, I mean to be fair some guys look ok in it, maybe a little of it, but I personally don't at all... I look ugly as crap, without facial hair, and with it just doesn't help. And as I grow older it just seems like it grows faster and faster,(I'm 17.)  Come to think of it I really don't like most of my body hair as it gets me paranoid sometimes that theres a bug on me, and sometimes is itchy.

The fact that me interacting with children is somehow seen as creepy, even if I like children(despite it being seen as creepy) 

I must be the hulk in order to be considered "manly".

If I don't hit on girls and want to sleep with them, heck if I haven't already done so, then I must be such a loser. 

I'm not allowed to have emotions, unless that emotion is anger, then I can go around smashing stuff like the hulk and ripping my shirt. 

If I cry I am considered a pathetic wimp by most guys, but girls are allowed to cry and even get comforted for it. Seriously I freaking hate that, it holds back all kinds of feelings, and honestly I think is to blame partially for why I can hardly cry over much of anything anymore. Blasted society rooting things into my mind...

Liking MLP=bad(This one is pretty obvious) although to be fair females deal with this to an extent to. 

I have to ask the girl out, and due to how stupidly shy and awkward I am, I wouldn't have the courage to ask a girl out even if I was half asleep when I did so. So basically I'm screwed out of a love life at all. Freaking yay. 

Some guys expect me to think of women as some sort of tool, when I actually enjoy being friends with many. For various reasons. If not just variety.

The fact that hanging around girls as a guy that I'm not dating can be considered "gay"(I obviously have nothing wrong with gays, but I don't like being called something I'm not)

My privates never want to be in a comfortable place. 

Getting kicked in said privates also really freaking hurts. 

The fear of possibly getting a bladder stone that I will have to get removed, which is incredibly painful(from what I hear) and much harder to remove from guys than girls typically.

Not really gender specific, but my dumb curiosity makes me wonder how being a girl would be like, despite the fact that I can't technically figure out ;p.

I think i've gone on ranting long enough. So I'll spare y'all anymore rambly rants. 

Don't get me wrong I enjoy being a guy overall, and honestly whether I was a guy or a girl I'll have to deal with something, I think they both have their benefits as well as annoyances.

Male. For the most part I can't stand it when people think doing things makes you more or less of "a man". That's not really gender-specific, though, I guess. I hate stereotypes regarding females as well. It bugs the shit out of me when someone generalizes and says something is a "guy thing" or a "girl thing".

The only thing I really mind is hair removal on any particular area of the human form which can occasionally be seen as unsightly for the given gender as appropriate. I tend to be very frugal with my razors, and tend to make them last for ages, as is my prerogative with most household objects that can be used up. But that's neither here nor there.

I wish I were more particular about this subject, to be honest. I've been told that I need to adapt more to my role in society, but I just don't feel it. I would be perfectly happy as that naked hippie living in a tree next to a panther, though I would still be wearing shoes, because screw getting a pinecone on the bottom of your feet.

I can certainly appreciate what the opposite (or even divergent!) gender goes through on a daily basis. I've seen plenty of videos explaining things from the opposing side of things that I hadn't thought of myself, and I wish to incorporate that into my daily interactions with other people.

Also holy hackeysack mother of Walmart am I weird.

(edited)

I'm a female and I hate that being female has the side-effects of:

- Commonly being viewed as emotionally and physically weaker.

- Getting less money in paychecks.

- Periods.

-  Having to be the receiving and developing end of reproduction. (Dammit, why do I have to grow the baby? I'd much rather be a guy when it comes to this shit...)

-  Makeup. Girls tend to wear makeup aside from "becoming more beautiful" because society deems them "good with hygiene". I've gotten shit before for being called gross because I don't wear any makeup.

- Media generally interpreting "girly things" in their content as corny and low-quality.

- That a guy being called anything that has to do with girls' and their feelings is one of the worst things to be called. "Oh, you can't stick up for yourself? You p***y."

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy
  • Brohoof 4

I hate being a boy.

- I can't like anything outside of the boy's target demographic (which is really what I like since everything else sucks)

- Clothing has to be dull

- I should be watching things like South Park and other raunchy crap even though it sucks.

- I should never break up with a girl.

- The list goes on and on and on...

I'm a girl so there's the one obvious answer of biology which sucks, but there's more:

One girls are vicious to one another at least in my opinion of if your different in any way you dictated as an out cast among them.

Two in response to the above you can't be friends with guys cause random people will come up to you and say what a cute couple cause a guy and a girl can't ever just be friends.

Three the stereotype in which all girls are bubble brains, weaklings, or a combination. Also the insult "like a girl." When did that become something you can say? I act like a girl cause I am one, so shut up.

Yeah, wouldn't change my gender for the world, but in a heartbeat would I fix all that other stuff.

• Brohoof 1

I hate being a man because-

-men are less considerate and not open minded to anything they disagree with.

-men are less patient and explode out of control at the drop of a hat.

-they can only concentrate on one thing at a time.

-aren't motivated very well to take care of household chores.

-and we demand we take charge of everything, even if we have to be hypocritical, untruthful or just in flat out denial whenever we don't know what the heck is going on.

Female and

- i hate how to guys who do things like play guitar and draw are loved while for girls its just normal

- i hate how people think i should always be pretty or else its like im not normal I CANT HELP IF IM NOT PRETTY

1) we naturally smell like shit

2) our brains don't fully mature until age 25 or so, which means tons of dumbass choices

3) you always have to start up the conversation or else you're a weirdo

4) we have to kill the bugs in  the house. I do not want to touch that scary little shit

5) our car insurance costs much more