Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web What do you hate about the YouTube comments?

CosmicHooves

People being complete a-holes. Like seriously, it get's really annoying. Do they think they're being funny or something? 

That's the thing, people are so about trying to be better than anyone else. Humor may or may not have a factor in it though trolls think of themselves as funny. Then again that's trolls being trolls.

• Anti-bronies and anti-fandoms
  • Troll comments who has nothing to do with the video
  • Typical generalizing comments (All [GROUP OF PEOPLE] are [sTEREOTYPE])
  • Death threats comments (you're a X so kill yourself)
  • Metal elitists in metal videos ([bAND] are better than [bAND]) ([bAND] are a bunch of sellouts)
  • "I hacked this comment so you like it"
  • Advertisers
  • Darude - Sandstorm
  • Religious war starting comments
  • Sports fan comments ([TEAM] sucks) ([PLAYER] is a diver)
  • "Reddit" raiders
  • Japanese wanabe comments (OMG THIS IS SO KAWAII) a bit annoying
  • "This is my reaction to" comments
  • Comments who accuses the Let's player to have copied another Let's player

These types of comments are everywhere! They are ruining Youtube without people even realizing it!

That's the Youtube comments section in a nutshell for sure. As if comments being locked off to the public isn't bad enough. Wait what am I saying! Comments like those have been around since the dawn of youtube... so yeah.

Went Google+ merging with YouTube broke my comment box (unable to comment and reply).

That's an issue both guests to youtube and users alike hate to no end. I myself hate it.

• Brohoof 1

The only thing that really frustrates me about the comment sections of my own videos are the following:

1. People plugging their own channels. Especially if it is music-related. I know it's hard to build an audience and I'm sensitive to that reality, but come ON, do it in your own space. Don't be a leech.  :eww:

2. Irrelevant comments made to instigate other viewers. Get a room.  >_>

3. People asking to have things retroactively added, removed, etc from the song. Sorry folks, but it's not that simple. 

4. Roleplay. Once again: Get. A. Room.  :angry:

• People who refuse to even consider someone's opinion when they have a pony avatar (I absolutely despise bronies but at least look at their opinion to see if it's shit before starting an argument out of nowhere)

People who trash talk Pewdiepie, he's not that bad and Markiplier is way more obnoxious than him

Roleplay

Reddit users

Anti-feminists 

Anti-religious and religious commenters, both sides are annoying

"i maed u a cookie but i eated it! X D im so random roftl X D"

people who hate something because it's popular

people who act like they're tough and threaten others

13 year olds

the fact that youtube comments exist in the first place

• Brohoof 1

If someone with a pony avatar comes along and posts a comment on a non-pony video, some asswipe has to come along and say " brony faggot go suck a horse cock faggot". I've had a similar experience and I have seen it too many times. Counter trolling just seems to generate more, so I don't even bother. I've actually had to get rid of the one I had to put an end to it.

There are far too many examples for me to mention, but Youtube comments are a racist, homophobic, sexist, spam filled, generally hateful, fucking stupid cesspool of human nature.

I just hate it when people get into ridiculous arguments completley unrelated to the video itself.

Don't get me wrong though, it's funny to watch.

The Youtube comments section is generally devoid of the following: Intelligence, consideration for the feelings of others, and anything remotely interesting or worthwhile.  Many commenters hide behind anonymity and face no significant consequences for being outright d-bags.  I was called a horsef***** there recently.  And I was sorely tempted to correct them, as I much prefer the term "ponylover."

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby
  • Brohoof 2

I hate that the thumbs DOWN button doesn't seem to actually do anything.

100% agreed, I remember the times when it was a perfect device to silence imbeciles and trolls. 

And this is what I dislike most about people commenting on YouTube. They like acting like jerks, smartasses, critisize lots of stuff but give no argument. Act like elitists, show their superiority over everyone else and overall are a very definition of word "rude". 

Of course it does not apply to lots of people as sometimes there are people who are nice or just funny ^^

BUT I also dislike other thing about YT comments. Once upon a time they were kept pretty tidy. Now? They are very chaotic and to this day I have real troubles with reading them sometimes >< 

Went Google+ merging with YouTube broke my comment box (unable to comment and reply).

I'm still able to make comments, but it's hard to find my own comments again. So, I made a series of private playlists that keep track of videos I've left a comment on. But it's still an inconvenience. 

I really didn't have much of a problem with YouTube comments (apart from the regular Anti-Brony rhetoric they always spout)

But that all changed when Google+ attacked. 

Now, people post links to viruses and screamers, hate comments which normally would be pushed to the bottom of the comments section now find themselves on the Top.

My problem with YouTube comments is this Google+ crap.

I say the best comment sections are the ones that have been disabled.

As much as it makes me an ass, especially being a user and member of Youtube... Yes, I agree. About the only good comments section is one without comments, especially those who block the ability to allow such annoyances.

Though there are a few on occasion who have common sense in the comments, but now-a-days those people are few and far between.

You could argue that the trolls are the most annoying, but I'd rather say it's those imbeciles who don't understand that it's a troll and goes on full rampage.

If everyone could just learn to differentiate trolls from the rest, long chains of hate comment would nearly vanish.

Pro tip: Do not read the Youtube comments before watching, unless you're looking for spoilers.

In all honesty I couldn't really care less about those comments. It's mostly either trolling, negative criticism or just general shenanigans. Unless you're looking for drama, I honestly recommend anyone ignores them.

I've rarely found good comments out there, but hey. They do exist. And well, sometimes they are useful in getting a personalised message across to the video's creator. In that way, they're great!

• Brohoof 3

Pro tip: Do not read the Youtube comments before watching, unless you're looking for spoilers.

In all honesty I couldn't really care less about those comments. It's mostly either trolling, negative criticism or just general shenanigans. Unless you're looking for drama, I honestly recommend anyone ignores them.

I've rarely found good comments out there, but hey. They do exist. And well, sometimes they are useful in getting a personalised message across to the video's creator. In that way, they're great!

Actually, that is a good pro tip for general use on Youtube.

As for comments, yeah, the few of the good comments that exist are awesome to see but the rest are not worth the reading eye sore. Ignoring them is the best suggestion though I know no one will because truthfully, it's kinda hard not to jump into the fray and give our two cents. I personally don't give my two cents on something unless it's so obscenely wrong that I have to say something.

Edited by Vemillia Nightshade
  • Brohoof 1

Oh there are so many.

~Haters

~"Bob"

~Spam

~Religous debates

~Comments that have nothing to do with the video.

~Comments like "gay","autistic" etc.

~Trolls

...And many many more.

Egads. I cannot stand some of the people on YouTube. They thinks it's cool to post derogatory comments. That only makes people angry and start flame wars.

I try my best not to look at the comments before or after I watch a video. It's not like I need to know about the details in the conversation.

Edited by MissPurpleBookworm
  • Brohoof 1

I hate it when you're on a Christian/atheist video and the comments section will literally be flooded with people debating and insulting each other. It's why I completely avoid these types of videos.

Edited by smitty121325
  • Brohoof 1

I've seen YTPs or any video for that matter with ponies in them and of course there are several comments saying "Take out the ponies" or "This video would be better without ponies" or things like that. Again unless you care about getting a complement comment for your video I would stay away or turn off the comments.

I fucking love youtube comments. So much free entertainment that's often more entertaining than the video itself. It's like a museum of stupidity and ignorance, along with many obvious trolls that can still be pretty entertaining.

What I do hate about them is the bullying that goes on there. All too often youtube commenters have no understanding of basic humanity and respect.

• Brohoof 3

I don't pay too much attention to YouTube comments these days, I suppose. However, a few years ago I'd get really annoyed when I'd go to a YouTube video for an oldies/classic rock or classical/early music song and I'd see comments from teenagers about how great and amazing they are for listening to that instead of Justin Bieber.

The only reason I ever even knew who Justin Bieber was because of the internet hatedom that had to mention him every chance they could find.

• 3 weeks later...

The YouTube comments are condescending, rude, vile, and filled with unceasing ignorance...but they're just people's opinions. The opinions of everyday people. Not radicals who hate everything, not people who are necessarily jerks in real life. They are everywhere.

It would be too easy to go on and on about how horrible they are, how they reflect a bad society, etc., but in the end, they're just comments that you choose to read. No one's forcing you to read them.

Some of the more positive aspects of the YouTube comments are how, on the other extreme, commenters can be extremely kind and caring. They can be a group of people who help motivate your ideas, not to mention how great it feels to know a bunch of people support your favorite games, tv shows, etc.

But good or bad, they're just comments.