Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web What do you hate about the YouTube comments?

CosmicHooves

Almost everything.

But the one thing I hate the most about them is the notorious "Thumbs up if you agree!" comment. Thankfully, I use a Youtube Comment Blocker, so I don't really need to worry so much about these dumb comments. -3-

• Brohoof 1

-Anti-Bronies

Why is it that they seem more obsessed with the show than they claim we are?

-The extreme vendetta against opinions

I have a saying about opinions. I feel it's bettered me as a person, and I'd advised you at least consider it as well; "All opinions are wrong, including my own."

-Trolls & Bullies

...Need I explain?

Edited by MilesTheLunar
  • Brohoof 2

I don't hate YouTube comment sections. It might take awhile, but if you keep digging I'm sure you'll find some funny or insightful comments somewhere.

That being said, my least favorite comments are those that get into flamewars. And I'm not talking about intelligent debates; I'm talking about arguments that are basically "I can come up with the worst insult." >_>

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 3

I hate the trolls and people who just want to waste other people's time with distracting nonsense. I also hate it when someone barges into a conversation they know little to nothing about just to post some ignorant drivel. It hurts my head sometimes.

I also hate the fact that you can't downvote anything, which I know is a little off-topic here, but it still irritates me.

• Brohoof 1

darude-sandstorm

People that come onto videos, post a hate message, and then watch the flame war.

Also I am upset about the fact that THERE ARE NO TOP COMMENTS ANYMORE. WHY. I LOVED THOSE.

• Brohoof 3

It all really depends on who's posting the comment.

If the commenter is using things like excessive bold and italics, a lot of swearing, and bad grammar, chances are, they're trolls looking for attention.

That shit, I can't stand.

I hate how all the comments sections seem to devolve into people saying one of a handful of things:

- "um ur a fag lol"

- "I just made 216 dollars in 4 minutes by taking surveys online! CLICK HERE TO GET STARTED!"

- "i love your videos!!!! will you promote me!? will you watch my video!?!?!?"

- "THIS IS ALL OBAMA'S FAULT."

- "Hello, I'm Mr. Passive-Agressive Intellectual! I'm going to comment on your video like I'm trying to be super polite, but really I'm just saying back-handed insults and trying to start political debates about unrelated shit. Go die. :)"

- "this is gay."

Special edition comments reserved mostly for female youtubers:

- "tits or gtfo"

- "she's hotl i'd def get it in lol! thumbs up if you agree!!1111"

- "OMG CHANGE YOUR UGLY FACE I DON'T LIKE IT."

- "ur a fat slut XD"

• Brohoof 7

Too much flaming and trolling, but it's most annoying when it's on an MLP video. It just drives me nuts to see the ignorant comments about MLP fans and how they're fags and all clop, and I hate it the most when they say the most sadistic things like "bronies should all commit suicide" or they wish bad stuff to happen to us, like if they're some heavenly creature that deserved the utmost blessings. Sure, it's best to ignore them, but I always have the need to shed some much needed light on them.

• Brohoof 1

That they're indiscriminate. It depends on which videos you check out, but when you actually visit ones with legit topics on politics, religion or science, you'll find that between every 10 or so ignorant, hateful and pointless comments there may be a single one that's actually worth reading.

• Brohoof 2

Most of them really. With all the arguing, hatred, negativity and unnecessary aggression filled with trolls, d****bags and just terrible people there is soo much unpleasantness in the comments that it becomes sickening.

I just wish that youtube would get rid of comments once and for all. It clearly is for the better we all know it by now.

• Brohoof 2

Getting called out for having a pony profile pic when making an unrelated comment. One dude told me to kill myself over it, when I was leaving a positive comment on HIS VIDEO.  :confused:

And the people who try to argue with you, but are literally to stupid to understand anything even remotely intelligent that you say. You know, the people who aren't trolls, but fufill the job pretty well.  :eww:

Edit: I forgot about the religous bullcrap. NO ONE is going to convert into/ from a religeon because of your pointless comment battles.

Edited by ZeroTwo
  • Brohoof 3

I don't.

Well not them specifically. They let us share our opinions, thoughts, and even jokes about what we saw. Some youtube comments I've read made me laugh a good deal.

My problems with the Youtube comment system are pretty much that of any internet thought sharing forum. It's that people take advantage of the distance and anonymity to say things they would never to another person's face.

That's hardly unique to Youtube though.

I hate them with a burning passion. They make me angry and very sad! :( 

It's as if someone is ALWAYS out to get people. Like, no one can post anything they like or enjoy without someone attacking them. And the worst part is that it seems as if their vocabulary has to be chock full of profane words. I don't get why some people feel like they have to act so tough behind their computer screen. It truly disgusts me and it hurts me to see negative comments directed toward people that are just trying to share something they know other people might enjoy.

It's like, if you don't like something that someone is posting, JUST STAY THE FRICK AWAY. It's NOT necessary to comment rude things. Unfortunately, you can't do much about it. Other than ignore them. Those comments are a waste of people's time. It just happens to be some mean, lonely, egotistical butthead that has nothing better to do than to ruin someone else's day to make themselves feel better. 

So even if it upsets us, we shouldn't give those mean people the time of day. They all feed off of our reactions. So forget 'em.

Oh, and sidenote. I know that not ALL YouTube comments are terrible. Some are really encouraging and nice.

We can't forget about those nice people out there! :D  

• Brohoof 1

Youtube comments are 99.99% garbage. Google has really fucked up Youtube(Pardon my language)

Freaking Bob, people can write entire fanfictions and text pictures in the comments with the lack of a character limit. Honestly I think a limit is needed, and the one we had was generous enough. Not being allowed to link stuff was a good idea, now people can link screamers. I remember when it was easy to find a comment you replied to without needing a stupid notification. Even the original Youtube creators think the new system is shit.

• Brohoof 4