Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What type of MLP video game would you like?

ShyPie

A fast paced, military type shooter.

Naw, just kidding. An NES style open world turn-based RPG. Or maybe in a style similar to Dragon Quest 8. Cel-shaded and cartoony. Not sure who I'd want to develop it, though. Maybe Square Enix?

A puzzle game would be really cool. Maybe something like the Telltale Sam & Max games or the Monkey Island series. But less like The Walking Dead game, because the gameplay is getting less and less...and everything I do in those games makes me feel like a horrible human being  :(

I don't like games where one wrong decision gets the cutest characters killed....that and zombies...zombie games ensure you and others will die....

I cannot tell you how much I want point and click adventure games to make a comeback!

• Brohoof 1

I cannot tell you how much I want point and click adventure games to make a comeback!

If another Sam & Max game gets made I'll be in heaven. Best point and click I've played since the old Monkey Island days. The more I think about it the more a point and click MLP game seems like a match made in heaven. Can you imagine being Pinkie Pie and going through your inventory trying to combine every item together.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I figure with a feature theatrical release of MLP in some time, Hasbro should do a FIM video game for consoles and PC. I am only talking about concepts for the game. Examples

I want:

A straight up adventure action game with levels, I get tired of sandbox. Maybe a partial sandbox 

Play as heroines and villains(story mode, have the Sonic Adventure 2 vibe)

Center each character with a mechanic 

Twilight gets magic duel stages

Rainbow Dash gets Sonic like speed tracks, just get to the end

Applejack gets the brawler stages, just beat em up.

The other three are hard. Or maybe we can have all 6 in some levels 

Would you prefer a parallel story(heroines and villains have their own perspective and reach the end together?)

Or heroines get the canon ending? Villains get non canon ending? 

Name playable characters:

Mane 6(duh)

Sunset Shimmer 

Princess Celestia 

Princess Luna 

Princess Cadence 

Starswirl the Bearded 

Discord 

Queen Chrysalis(in my game she's the main villain... she needs love after getting ignored twice possibly a 3rd)

Adagio Dazzle 

Aria Blaze

Sonata Dusk 

CMC

I want to limit the best I can.

So offer your concepts.

• Brohoof 2

I like the idea of a MLP video game. I feel like if they did make a game it would play like Super mario world (WiiU) but still has a heavy story plot like a LoZ game. I don't like sandbox games. Hears a couple ideas I have:

Power ups

• Temporary wings that let you jump/ fly 2x as normal
  • spceil throwing power costomized to the character
  • Spell powers
  • parasprit swarm
  • big power

Items

• Keys
  • stat boosters
  • wepons
  • health regenoators

Characters

good-

• Main 6
  • cmc
  • towns ponies
  • princesses
  • discord
  • SunsetS

bad-

• Corupted princesses
  • sadow bolts
  • main 6 poler opisits
  • minor villins from show
  • windagos and mistical animals
  • unxeplained evil forces/ ponies

It would be fun to have mimigames you need to finish to continue ( like marioparty or LoZ side quests). I would like to see an evil that turns the princesses evil or princesses from the past that are corupted. WHO WHATS TO START A PITITION TO HASBRO FOR A VIDEO GAME (thats not crap)!

• Brohoof 1

Side-scroller (esp. scrolling shooter) and platform would be realistic options as there already are plenty of fangames. It's easy to make with gamemaker even though you don't know much about programming.

But personally I'd enjoy an open world RPG, or simulation like Sims + SimCity, or like Civilization: Equestria... :P 

Basically anything with ponies in it :squee: 

Edited by Osiria

I want microtransactions, QTE's, paywalls, unpolished gameplay, simplistic and patronizing tutorials, unskipable cutscenes, lengthy loadtimes, and for it to be published by Ubisoft.

Developed by Imminent Uprising.

If I'm expected to take this remotely seriously, however, I'd struggle to find an appropriate place for MLP to fit itself into. A game directly involving the Mane Six would definitely be the most successful and probably the only viable course if they want to turn a profit (and they do), but I feel that such a premise would limit what the developers could do while keeping it within the realm of MLP. I'm thinking it would have to skew more towards an older demographic (not bronies specifically, but consumers who are readers of the IDW comics) in order to gain enough edge to work within the more action oriented genres that gaming lends itself to. A puzzle-platformer would be a very interesting route to take, and probably the smartest move. A Sonic Adventure style affair, in which each character has wildly different objectives and methods to get through the same set of stages would probably work. Twilight's new position as of the Season 4 finale does seem to function as a worthy excuse plot to get the action rolling at a minimum, although each stage could be a specific "friendship mission...thing" with its own self contained story. The introduction of new villains would be best so as not to conflict with the canon, although I'd expect one of them to appear in the show for cross-medium promotion. I'm not going to delve into mechanics specifically since there is any number of ways for them to go.

Genres like the action adventure or an RPG could possibly find a way to work itself into a worthwhile title while still pleasing Hasbro's PR and marketing teams, but I feel that the more action-oriented a game's concept becomes, the less likely it'll be greenlit.

And still put Imminent Uprising in charge. That'll be hilarious. Jim Sterling would have a ball. Which would also be hilarious.

• Brohoof 1

2D platforming / action with light RPG elements; Metroidvania-ish.  But wit ponehs! xD  They could be exploring the castle in the Crystal Empire in search of a gymnasium.

Rainbow Dash deserves her own SHMUP, though.  With little Scootaloos that revolve around her like Options in the Gradius games.  Collect enough speed power-ups and Rainbow eventually goes into "Sonic Rainboom Mode."

• Brohoof 1

A 2-D RTS that runs off the Genie Engine. It takes place from before Hearth's Warming Eve to after Discord's Reign. There are four "Ages" and each one unlocks more buildings, technologies, and units. I kind of had some thought out and what time they correspond to (Age 1 is the time period of the wendigoes blizzard and the famine, Age 2 is the founding of Equestria, Age 3 is Discord's reign, and Age 4 is when Celestia and Luna take over)

Civilizations to chose from:

Unicorns (focus on ranged "archer" units, but instead of arrows its magic)

Changelings (Fast, ranged, offensive civilization, siege heavy)

Equestria (A civilization that is good in every aspect, infantry, "cavalry" and ranged, but doesnt particularly excel in any of them, and good defense)

Pegassi (offensive "cavalry" civilization)

Earth Ponies (fast offensive "infantry" civilization, siege heavy)

Chaos (I don't really know what to call this one, but it's basically discord's faction)

Griffon Kingdom ("cavalry" civilzation)

Each civ has one (some more) unique unit(s), and two unique technologies each, and they have their own perks that determines what they're good at.

I put quotations over "infantry" and "cavalry" because they dont' really ride anything and they're already horses (except griffons), but "Cavalry" is usually quicker and have more health and infantry is slower with more attack.

I had the idea of the game to be historically accurate, and have accurate campaigns (like Celestia and Luna searching for the elements of harmony and the last mission of the campaign is to defeat discord) but you can't really be historically accurate to Equestria since there isn't a mapped out timeline, the griffon kingdom is shrouded in mystery to us. I also wanted to do a Crystal Ponies civilization but I didn't have much to work with there either. You can really only run off head-canon, which is unstable territory. 

Edited by NotoriousSMALL

"Like Skyrim with ponies." - Machinima

That's exactly what I was thinking an ideal MLP game. Having a sandbox game seems the most logical way to go with (in my mind) as it would allow the player to explore different parts of Equestria. 

I wouldn't want the map to be massive. Size-wise, I think GTA V's map is best.

I'd love a 3D open-world game in which you can do anything and everything you want. Go on quests, interact with the other ponies, explore the landscape, you name it. There'd be storylines and quests you could embark on that change the course of history or you could just live a life happily with whoever you choose. Hey, maybe even have an online multiplayer mode where you can do crazy stuff with other players.

Obviously, this would have to be a fan-created game.

• Brohoof 2

@@TheMarkz0ne, following consultation with my colleague @@PathfinderCS, I have merged your thread with an earlier thread owing to a similarity of discussion topic. Please ensure you use the search function before making a thread to avoid duplicate content.

Furthermore, as a result of the merge, your discussion is now located within the Sugarcube Corner section of the MLP:FIM boards. Please take care when making a thread to post it in the correct location (topics linked directly to the Friendship is Magic show belong in Show Discussion, general discussions about bronydom and the MLP franchise belong in Sugarcube Corner).

I would like it to be and open-world rpg, with adventure/platforming elements. Built towards a "zelda" kind of game.

Set on a chaotic Equestria. Mainly focused on Puzzle/challenges. Rewarding our exploration. The combat should be little but challenging and rewarding, with good design and solid mechanics.

Story driven, with the mane-six as the playable characters. Having limited time to make our choices on the branching quest-system, thus leading us towards different endings.

The mechanics and side activities should be rich and varied, depending on the character we play with.

Some of the mane six won't be unlocked till later on the main story.

With light morals, between chaos and harmony.

I'm probably the only person in the world who would want this but I would like a MLP game based on the beginning of the Sims where you spend ages making up the different characters.

I don't necessarily want to play as the characters but I would happily spend time designing hundreds of ponies and giving them all cutie marks and doing their manes.. :lol: