Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What type of MLP video game would you like?

ShyPie

I'm not talking about My Little Farmville. Don't get me wrong, i played that game for hours on end and got farther than I would admit. However... I don't want to think of THAT as MLP's video game. 

I was talking to myself about what exactly would  go into a MLP game, and I came up with a couple ideas. 

1: [You would make your own pony, or import a design.]

+-+-+ This would HAVE to be a feature. Customization is a huge plus for me in video games, and making your own OC in a video game would be flippin awesome to say the least. 

2: [Gameplay would be a combination of Harvest Moon, and Animal Crossing] 

+-+-+ As much as I'd love to have a RPG with ponies or a sandbox style game... it's a bit foolish to think that something like that will be a thing in the next few years. However a game that combines several aspects of HM and AC isn't that hard to imagine as a possibility. I think that when you start the game you get to pick a job, such as Animal care, Farming, Baking, ect ect. From there you would work with Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie ect, and other ponies in Ponyville. Working gives you bits, you can buy items and decorations for your home, its not hard to follow the string of logic. And as far as the HM aspect of the game, it would change from farming to whatever job you picked up. 

3: [Graphics similar to the MLPFV game]

+-+-+ I don't care for the game itself, but MLPFV looked amazing. I think using the graphics of the game, or at least using graphics on par with the game would give it a clean, nice looking feel.

4: [Locations]

+-+-+ Obviously you would start in Ponyville. But I think that as you play the game, you could get jobs and housing in Canterlot, Applusa, Cloudsdale, Las Pegasus, Phillydelphia, and more! It would be great to see some of the places we've only seen glimpses of in episodes, or never seen at all. (Apologies for the bad spelling of the locations)

I have other things that could go into what the best MLP game would be like, but idk... what do ya'll think?

There are two types of games I would like:

The first would be a platformer of sorts; preferably a 2D or 2.5D side-scroller in the vein of Rayman Origins and Rayman Legens. I feel that games like these would best capture that light-hearted spirit of the show, while at the same time providing a simple introduction for those who aren't your hardcore gamers.

Along with that, I'd like to have a WRPG of sorts with an open world that can be explored with many quests that can be completed. Of course, think of Skyrim or DA: Inquisition as the main sources of inspiration here as there is a big world that deserves to be explored.

• Brohoof 1

I think a 2d platformer game would work best for a colorful cartoon. WayForward could do a great job since they did Shantae, Adventure Time, and Regular Show. Or a mini game collection could kind of work if the mini games were good. But a shooter game wouldn't really work because guns aren't really part of MLP.

Edited by TheJLeeTeam

A MMORPG where we could choose between earth pony, unicorn and pegasus.

A puzzle game because it's my favorite video game genre. :P

Edited by Blobulle

I would love for it be a fun little adventure game with puzzles and a mild rpg element to it. No need to go overboard and potentially ruin the game. I've never played a game made after a show that I enjoyed so I would be a bit hesitant to try it out.

An action RPG with branching skill trees based on the race of pony you pick :3

Either that or a tabletop... yeah, let's go with the tabletop RPG

Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Brohoof 1

I would love a pony version of Harvest moon, especially if it was like the recent games in that series.

I love these games because their not just farming sims, their also dating sims and you can get married and have kids.

with a pony version you could live in Ponyville, live a little alternate life, and marry your waifu. :yay:

I love how detailed HM is with cooking and all that, I would just love a pony version!

I wouldn't mind seeing a pony version of animal crossing: new leaf.

with all the character and background character as villagers that you can befriend.

it would be sooo awesome! :fluttershy:

*le sigh*

there's already a pony version of fallout coming.

What type of MLP:FIM video game would you like there to be?

I'd love it if they brought out an RPG where you pick one of the mane 6 to go, or you get to go each of them, and have a main story to follow but you've got lots of little side quests and stuff to do all throughout Ponyville and beyond. Maybe something bit similar to South Park The Stick Of Truth and you could create an original pony who has adventures with all of the mane 6.

I'd really like to see an MMORPG too. Imagine creating your own pony in a huge world filled with thousands of other people and you can choose what kind of life your pony is going to have. Maybe you'll be a foal and go to school having adventures/quests there and trying to get your cutie mark or you'll be a member of the royal guard who has to help with duties and protect the princesses/Canterlot from enemies. Or maybe you'll just be a friendly pony who sets up a shop to sell items to other ponies, maybe sending some on quests from time to time. Or perhaps you'd rather be a villain who tries to takeover Equestria. I just really want an MMORPG where you can take on any role you want (but playing within limitations). OT: I've always wanted a Pokemon game like this where for example you could decide to be a gym leader, so you build your own gym and have a theme to your Pokemon team and only keep them at a certain level so that you do lose sometimes.

So what kind of MLP game would everypony else like to see made?

There is already an mmorpg being made, legends of equestria! :fluttershy: it's gonna be awesome.

A classing JRPG where you can play as Rarity and save the world from unfabulous things :D

Or a solid dating sim where you can romance Rarity. Either of those two would work just fine, in my opinion :proud:

The world needs the ability to romance Rarity.

worshiping her would be so much easier with a nice video game. 

• 2 weeks later...

There's one game that to this day makes me sad was shut down.

It was a MLP fighting game, I honestly forget the title of it. But there were many voice actors brought in to work on it, and it was going to be huge. I remember Zoop and I, (an old super admin) were going to fight each other the moment it came out. It was shut down by Hasbro, and shut down my dreams.

Open world RPG. You're able to go anywhere in Ponyville, and later the rest of Equestria. There are quests, or tasks you  can choose from to earn "Friendship EXP" or something which can level you up to learn different skills. You can choose between any of the Mane 6 and switch out at any time. When they do level up,  Twilight and Rarity will learn stronger magic, Pinkie and AJ get faster and stronger physically, and Fluttershy and RD can fly farther. And of course, each one has special abilities, like Fluttershy can have animals help her with her tasks and so on. That'd be a blast to play.

if they did it like that, then I have some Ideas for the special abilities of the other main six. AJ could grab things with her lasso. Twilight could teleport. Pinkie would have the party canon. Rainbow could create an an explosion by pulling off a Sonic Rainboom. I've got nothing for Rarity.

I think it should be like a RPG like skyrim because I :wub:  the amount of customization in the game but it has to be done well for it to work there should be the main 6 and all the characters with missions and exploring equestria and maybe for DLC where the griffons live.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like a 2D action and adventure game similar to the beauty of Dust: An elysian tale and the brutality of The Dishwasher. Pretty much a sword swinging jolly good time game with ponies in it.

I think that Legends of Equestria actually has a pretty fair idea of how a MLP game should be. Open world, freedom to make your own pony, RPG-type gameplay; it's nice. Now get some professional developers to work on it, get the thumbs up from Hasbro, and there's a great game in their pockets. Shocking Hasbro hasn't done anything about it by now.

I would like a ponified version of gta 5 where all the NPC's are pony related and FBI or whatever agency you work for is replaced withe the alicorns of equestria and have all new dialog,game play,and story line. Same map same building but bring on the ponies as well as instead of choosing from 3 characters you can choose from the mane six.

The only real game you could make would be an MMORPG, given the nature of MLP FiM and the massive fanbase, as taking the online part out of the game would be ridiculous.