Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G1 or G4: Which is Better?

Twilight S7

the answer is simple but I can say that if Bronys get older they will say it is the G1, most Bronys like the G4, I particularly think that the coolest G3 to G4, but the G4 has a better design. It largely depends. I prefer the G4, but all depend the G1 MLP did it be what it is today was.

• Brohoof 2

Personally, I like G4 way more than G1. I don't like the 1980s frame by frame animation, and in my opinion, the design of the G1 ponies either. G4 all the way.

• Brohoof 1

G4:

G1 had it’s flaws but I do like it as a sort of history lesson and a look at what came before though.

I expect the majority of replies will say G4, and if I’m honest I think it’s a bit of a silly question to be asking, since this forum is for the most part a forum all about the G4 show and not really about the others.

But still it may lead to some interesting discussions :)

• Brohoof 1

Assuming we're talking about the TV shows and not the toys, then G4 wins easily. Every now and then you'll have someone come on here and argue that G1 is better, but basically all that G1 really had going for it in the cartoons was some really badass villains. But that's pretty much it. Just the villains. Everything else was forgettable.

• Brohoof 1

We all know G3.5 is the best.

Oh.

post-12583-0-94283900-1413581192.jpg

Oh no.

Anyway, G4, of course. G1 isn't bad or anything, but the main thing it has going for it is the surprisingly dark monsters and bad guys, and I honestly don't think they get the changes in tone right like G4 mostly has.

G4, only a hipster can prefer G1 over G4.

Am I the only one who hopes G5 keeps G4's art style?

Why is there so much talk about G5? Is there a G5 coming any time soon?

Edited by RaveLow

Obviously FiM due to characters, design and setting.

I've been watching G1 lately and it is very good but it is a little dated, especially in animation, voice acting and songs but still very good in terms of story and villains. I wouldn't write it off because it's an older generation and an 80's cartoon. Give it a shot, you might like it.

Word of advice though: Skip G1.5, G3 and G3.5. (There is no G2)

Edited by The Coffee Pony