Do older bronies creep you out?

Lato

95 users have voted

1. 1. Do they creep you out?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends on the first impression

Well the title says it all really.

I don't usually get crept out by older bronies because I don't talk to them.

But once I was using G+ and this guy joined my public hangout and he looked 40 years old, and he had messy hair and just looked gross all together. So, that's only when I've actually been crept out by an older brony. I don't talk to people who are like over 20 years old anyway, I try to keep within my age group.

Edited by Lato
  • Brohoof 5

Well the title says it all really.

I don't usually get crept out by older bronies because I don't talk to them.

But once I was using G+ and this guy joined my public hangout and he looked 40 years old, and he had messy hair and just looked gross all together. So, that's only when I've actually been crept out by an older brony. I don't talk to people who are like over 20 years old anyway, I try to keep within my age group.

Uh... Not really. I know quite a few that are in their 40's.

• Brohoof 3

I got a friend, on here in fact (though he doesn't really post anymore, just hangs around to talk to friends and the like), who is 32. Great guy, absolutely ADORES Rainbow Dash, sent me a 3DS XL when mine broke, all around wonderful guy and friend. Is like a father to me, despite that meaning he would have been, like, 14 when I was born. So no, not really. I mean sure they CAN be creepy, but so can younger fans as well. All depends on how they act, you know?

• Brohoof 9

To me, that would be a bit hypocritical. There is not an age limit to who can be a fan of any show. I still like Blues Clues. That probably would weird some people out. Just like how it probably weirds others out that I am a fan of My Little Pony. Doesn't concern me in the slightest what others think of me in that regard and I don't care if you are 60 and love this show. That is called being a fan, that is called enjoying it. Fine with me.

• Brohoof 14

Age is a number. It means almost nothing. How is a 16 year old brony any different than a 60 year old brony? Why would one be creepy but not the other?

They'd only be creepy if they were doing creepy things, and a young brony doing those things would also be creepy.

• Brohoof 5

Echoing @ and @. Age is nothing more than a number, and there's literally no difference other than the age. Only when a person does creepy things would be creepy, and that can be accomplished at any age.

Plus, it's extremely hypocritical to be creeped out at an older brony. There's no age limit to adoring a show, and this show is gender-neutral and family-friendly. FIM's animated product is written to be inclusive to anyone, male or female, young or old, and anyone in between. And it succeeded. Anyone who votes "yes" or "it depends on the first impression" in the poll is admitting hypocrisy.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

In my opinion, no matter how old someone is, making them feel welcome within the community is a nice thing to do. But, I know there're a few weirdos out there on the internet, who use the fandom for.... harassment, to keep it subtle. It all really just depends on their first impressions. If they're just looking for an escape and want to interact with others in clean way, I say welcome. However, if they start spewing some questionable words or starting suggestive conversations, then sorry, I don't accept them.

• Brohoof 3

Nope. The majority of my friends are between 25-30. I've always been more comfortable in older crowds, less of that highschool/social competition crap. If the person is creepy then I'm gonna be creeped out by them, regardless of whether they're 16 or 60.

• Brohoof 3

I don't think they creep me out but I guess it's all about how you present yourself? Anypony can be a bit creepy, Pony fan or not. If I met one that was up there in years I'd talk to them like any other pony unless they had a clearly obvious problem like a mean streak or something.

• Brohoof 3

I think it's cool to meet older bronies, it just shows you how great friendship is magic is.

though I can understand why you were creeped out.

no matter what group or fandom "first impressions are everything".

• Brohoof 2

Age doesn't matter it's just number that tells us how many years you have lived on planet earth it's nothing more. The thing that matters can be found inside of you in your heart. You need to look deeper into the person. 

I usually don't want to see what people look like because I tend to make judgements based on outer appearance. So I think it's fair when I don't look them and everyone is equal that way :)

• Brohoof 5

I voted 'No', Ive been to a convention and I saw plenty of older bronies and there is nothing wrong with them. I even saw a guy who must have been well over 60, like in his 70s or 80s or something, still nothing wrong with that.

I had a conversation with an older brony about the MLP comic books at the convention, the next I saw that guy he was hosting the panel I was watching.

Edited by Zoraxe
  • Brohoof 2

A harsh topic considering there are several older bronies here.

I have to agree that age is just a number. A 25-year old could be more creepy than someone who's really cool yet much older.

• Brohoof 1

Believe it or not, I'm not creeped out by them because I can do some questionable things from time to time. I understand some may be creeped out by the not so well groomed ones, but I have met a Brony with Einstein-like hair, and he seemed pretty chill. I'm more to "No" than the "first impression" so that is good.