Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Creative, lovely, funny pony nicknames

Dowlphin

Unlike this thread

http://mlpforums.com/topic/100947-do-you-have-any-nicknames-you-call-your-best-pony

this is not limited to your favorite pony or to personal nicknames you tend to use, but I'd like to hear some creative names that many people might like. A bit like a brainstorming, if you will.

For example, I find Marshmallow for Rarity just the sweetest thing, so adorable and loving. I think she would like it, and apparently the fandom does so, too, because it seems to stick ... like ... a roasted marshmallow.

Bit simplistic, but heard a lot, Sun Butt for Celestia. (There's definitely potential for a better one.)

Skittles for Rainbow Dash might not be the most original one, but sounds cute and easily rolls off the tongue.

One I thought of just now while writing this (you could say random, haha): Aunt Lollipop for ... you know who. (NO, not Twist! ... Although...)

Spike ... Spike. I mean seriously, I can't even work with that.

Semi-inspired by other stuff (maybe someone else already had the idea before) one for Luna that came to my mind: PRINCESS CAPSLOCK

(to boldly speak like nopony has spoken before)

CAPITALIZE on the opportunity and fire away!

Edited by Dowlphin
  • Brohoof 1

Ha!  Skittles!  I like that.  Taste the Rainbow....   Hmm.  Oh my.

Yup, yup, Marshmallow's good.  I like Rarebear as well.  And Flutterbutter.  And Twi-fi.  (That's pony internet, of course.)  Let's see, what else...

Huh.  Well, I guess that's it.

Ah right, I forgot Flutterbutter. She's got the right coat color for that.

And Twi-Fi is not bad either. Considering her horn (antenna) is quite the transmitter within the ether.

Edited by Dowlphin
  • Brohoof 1

I like Sunbutt and Moonbutt for the Princesses. Really ironic to refer to such regal characters with such familiar names. :)

Dashie is just an awesome nickname (lol).

Jewelbutt for Rarity. (Rares, when I feel like being a little more respectful, but we're tight, we can joke around like that. :D

How about Doormat for Fluttershy? ;) Actually, I kid: Shutterfly is a much better nickname.

Can't think of anything else at this point...

Some names in the show are already nicknames...

Pinkamena Diane Pie → Pinkie Pie

Princess Mi Amora Cadenza → Cadence

I always wonder if Rarity has a longer name too. Perhaps Rarity Belle because many of the families do seem to have a surname-like component to their names.

I think "Tia" and "Woona" are cute for the regal sisters.

Twilight Sparkle → Twily

Applejack → AJ

Rainbow Dash → Dashie

Fluttershy → Flutters

Sunset Shimmer → Sunny

This I what I always call them.

Rainbow Dash - Dashie/RD

Applejack - AJ

Fluttershy - Flutters

Twilight Sparkle - Twi/Twily

Rarity - Rare/Marshmellow pone

Pinkie Pie - Pinkie

a bit unoriginal but that's what I call em. :P I also call Scootaloo: Scoots.  

Flash: Waifu Wrangler, the hated one, boo_get_off_the_stage_pony, no_one_loves_you_pony, Star crossed lovers with his right hand/hoof, Just_you_and_your_hoof_tonight, forever_alone_pony

Twilight: Sparkle buns, Still_A_Better_Love_Story_than_Twilight_Sparkle, Lolipop Chainsaw, Sparkle the vampire slayer, Paranoid Pony

Pinkie Pie: The Joker's Spirit animal, Deadpool's drinking buddy, chairmare of the 4th wall breakers guild equestrian branch, Inventor of the Chimicherrychanga patent pending, Bubblegum Pony, Reincarnation of Majin Buu, HD Pinkie, Cupcakes are a mares best friend...literally

Rainbow Dash: Totally_not_a_lesbian_pony, The first recipient of Daring Do's restraining order, stalker pony, skittles:_taste_the_rainbow_dash, Walking Misery Reference, Dat Face Pony, Covert Egg head, Tsundere Pony 

Applejack: The sane one, The normal one, everypony likes dem apples, apple bottom mare

and many many more 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Am I the only one who thinks "Twily" sounds dumb? I cringe whenever I hear Shining Armour say it. It actually made me dislike him whenever he spoke.

Does Zecora have a nickname?

I feel like all the single-word names like Rarity and Fluttershy don't need to be shortened.

Rainbow Dash: rainbow, or RD

Applejack: AJ

Fluttershy: Fluttershy. Or flutterguy, occasionally. I like her name as-is

Rarity: Rarity. I don't like "Marshmallow". It doesn't suit her all all, IMHO.

Twilight Sparkle: Twilight or TS

Pinkie Pie: Pinkie, PP.

Yeah, I don't really like cutesy nicknames. They aren't suitable for everypony.

I do laugh whenever I hear Princess CAPSLOCK or Sunbutt though. :P The contrast is just too funny for me to resist. I also like "Tia", but "Woona" sounds dumb. I prefer "Moon princess" as a sort of endearing but regal title.

Lullay, moon Princess, goodnight sister mine, rest now in moonlight's embrace...

Lullay, dear Tia, goodnight sister mine...

Edited by AmberDust

book pone, flutters, skittles, waifu theif, CAPSLOCK PRINCESS etc.

moon-butt and sun-flank. :lol:

also, FUTASHY. in a German voice, i dunno really where i heard that.

ahem. maybe you should look that one up before you start using it. futashy doesnt mean what you think it means.

Edited by Elegron

Heh, i surprised that Marshmallow are Rarity, mot Sweetiebelle! Sweetiebelle with her colors and smaller and plumper figure looks more like marshmallow. I was think that Marshmallow are Sweetiebelle.

I use sometimes "Rity" for Rarity, but i not know, how it sounds for english people. For estonians sounds it good.

Tia and Lulu for princesses sounds cute.

book pone, flutters, skittles, waifu theif, CAPSLOCK PRINCESS etc.

ahem. maybe you should look that one up before you start using it. futashy doesnt mean what you think it means.

oh my... 

I did a quick Google search.

What is wrong with people!?

oh my... 

I did a quick Google search.

What is wrong with people!?

Yea sorry to break it to you, it came up in a Skype call and I had to google it xD

This is why we have private browsing