Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nickname Time!

child of the night

Well my boyfriend calls me Shortstack :P A couple people call me Laurie. (The shortened version of my real name, Lauren) And of course, I still have the nickname I'm best known for....Lucky! :D

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 4

In high school I was called 'Bassoon' by some people because I was so obsessed with the instrument. Although that stopped with high school, and would be weird now because I switched to oboe (but did happily play bassoon secondarily last semester).

The most common nickname for me is currently 'Em', though. Still not sure why, I guess people just like shortening names? There was a time where I also went by 'Emma', it was what my ex liked to call me. Since she left my life, I decided to not go by that at all anymore.

• Brohoof 2

My nicknames are mainly just using weird alterations of my actual name, or adding words like 'kitty' or 'mouse' at the end of it. Also, my dad has these weird names that he jokingly calls me and my brother whenever he's speaking to both of us.

But one nickname that I'm particularly fond of is Snowflake which started when I pointed out that often when my friend pronounced my name it sounded like she said 'snow.' 

The same friend also calls me 'Your Royal Highness' over texts, while I call her 'Your Majesty.' I have no idea how that started.

• Brohoof 1

Slightly mockingly in elementary school, 'Alisect' due to two oral reports I did on aliens and insects. I didn't really mind much and I actually quite liked that they'd nicknamed me. (Also it wasn't like I was bullied or excluded or anything, so that helped)

In the first two years of high school, the definitely mocking 'gang leader' because I had exactly zero friends at that time and didn't belong to any groups whatsoever.

From fourth to sixth year of high school, 'Fumu', because of an online thing showing you your name's pronunciation in Japanese, and because my name is Thom, the program read the 'th' as a digraph and turned it into Fumu, which stuck with me for a bit.

Aside from that 'TomTom' is an often used one, because of the GPS brand and my name.

• Brohoof 1

In real life, my sisters and dad call me "Bud".

On the internet, a lot of my older friends call me D.A. or Anine, while most people just call me "Dark". My best friend tried calling me "Buggersome Boy" since I use all bug types in Pokemon meta but it never really took off.

• Brohoof 1

I never considered shortened versions of names counting as a "Nickname", so the only nickname I have ever had is that my family calls me "Ellie." Anyone's guess would be better than mine as to why; It started out of the blue with no real reason.

Edited by Ricebug
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Beside shorter or alterned versions of my real name, I have been called everything from lumberjack to rabbi due to my beard. Occasionally my friends also call me Lenin because my balding hair. Back in army I was called as 'reverend' and when I was little my mother called me... bolete. Yes, her nickname for me was a bucking mushroom! :P It had something to do with some children poem or something similar

• Brohoof 1

Most of my nicknames always have been short forms of my actual names. Some people, however, have had more or less creative names for me.

For my mother I am and always be „mousie“. It‘s still adequate tho, because I never really continued to grow from age 12.

The other nicknames are mostly takes on my height as well. I‘ve been everything from „strawberry“ to „gurkins“, even „chickpea“ was one of them. I got some small animal names as well, like „squirrel“ and „bunny“, as well as some other names... „Zwergerl“, which is a dialect version for Zwerg, German for dwarf. „Zwutschgerl“ is one as well. Don‘t even know where this word comes from, but it just refers to something small.

My recent ones have to do with the fact that I‘m really in love with birds. People call me „lovebird“ (even though I don‘t own any) and „finchie“, coming from my two zebrafinches. Such cute tiny beepers.

Oh, I just remembered, one was a very funny one. A friend kept calling me „Leichilein“, which can be translated to... „corpsie“ I guess. It came from me being extremely flexible when I was younger and I slept in the strangest positions, which reminded him of a corpse for some reason. A twisted corpse that is. It maybe also had to do with the fact that my body temperature drops to extremely low points while I‘m sleeping... hmm..

But whatever. The gurkins and the finchie are my favourites so far.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
43 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

These days most people I know call me KayJay (from my first and middle initials), or The Glue. I often call myself Lady Katie Idiot, which fits me very well.

I call you Dreamy. :rarity:

• 1 year later...