Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming games that make you rage

The Pixelated Pony

I don't particularly rage, so to speak, but there are games that make me never want to play them again when I have to redo stuff too often. Odin Sphere is one of the big contenders here. That game is hard as balls if yo u don't do things right and rush. I rushed through my first playthrough so I had no health to deal with the bosses.

I still play the game but it made me stop for awhile.

I'd say Metroid Prime 2 was a big contender to my rage when I first played it. The bosses are tedious and to this day some of them still give me some trouble. The funny thing thing is recently I creamed the Power Bomb Guardian and I usually have allot of trouble with him too normally. Meh go figure, I was super focused that day I guess.

I don't rage as I find it completely immature and stupid to react to a game so harshly, but I absolutely suck at games like Resident Evil 4 and The Evil Within, both of which happen to be two of my favorite games. 

Edited by WheatleyCore

I don't ever "rage" at a game, not like my brother does (with the screaming, and yelling, and throwing...oh my!) but there are games that will get a couple seconds of frustrated grunting and choice curse-words. They tend to be online games, since that element of "oh, another person is causing my misery" can tip it over the edge. Halo, Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Counter Strike, etc.

But yeah, in general I don't rage on single-player games since the issue is usually a mistake on the player's part and not a problem with the game. If I do feel like it's a problem with the game/the game is unfair, I just don't play it.

Command and Conquer Red Alert 3.... Some of the units on there are not only completely useless, but the 'support powers' are ridiculously over powered.

If only the Bullfrog transport can aim at ground units, support powers removed, the Apocalypse had anti-air capabilities, or if one were able to repair the garrisoned buildings.... I would not get angry with it all the time.

Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Why Gearbox? Just... why?

Edit: Yeah, I know Alien Isolation is out, and thank god they hit the mark this time. Maybe it could have an Aliens-like sequel with multiple killable (as a last resort) aliens, but still have stealth and limited ammo.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 1

Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Why Gearbox? Just... why?

Colonial Marines was travesty in it's definition for all Alien fans. In some way, Alien Isolation is a apology for such a horrible game and in fact they went all out with Isolation. You really get a better full experience then with any previous Alien game to date. Isolation more than made up for the mess that was Colonial Marines.

I rage at almost ever game I play... I think I have an anger issue o:

Ok fine only at certain parts like in batman arkham asylum I was doing this mission where i had to clear the room well i went to kill someone because i swear noone was around bam got shot a million times!

I think the worst is playing demon souls.. I raged ever two seconds...

• Brohoof 1

gta 5 online. everytime you play there's always 1 asshole who keeps killing you and since I just got the game a few weeks ago I dont have good enough stuff to beat them or get away. however when you do the actual missions it's fun.

Lately, I've been playing Binding Of Isaac: Rebirth and it's so hard that it makes me rage so hard when I die. God can the difficulty of this game can get ridiculous at some point! A few hours ago I played the game but I raged so hard because of a shitty death, that it maked me uninstall the game!

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is one of those games you rage quit in and you swear to God that you'll never play it again, buuut...

you eventually come back and accomplish the mission you were having trouble with.

• Brohoof 1

It's rare to see me rage, I'm a pretty calm person. But the one and only game that annoys me to death is Garry's Mod - Dark RP. Pre-pubescent children who've learned every swear word there is and ones they've made themselves ruin it. The aim of the game is to simply roleplay. Like on this forum, but little kids can't handle not having things go their way. They want to be overpowered and above everyone else. So they'll either roleplay as a Thief and steal money or a Cop and abuse peoples' rights.

I've pretty much quite the game now due to them.

gta 5 online. everytime you play there's always 1 asshole who keeps killing you and since I just got the game a few weeks ago I dont have good enough stuff to beat them or get away. however when you do the actual missions it's fun.

Yeah, Open World can be really annoying that way. It's basically just there to entertain griefers. I love how "Passive Mode" is basically useless because there are so many ways to get around it. In a perfect world you'd think that when someone goes into Passive, it would signal that they're not interested in playing with you and you should go bother someone else. Never works that way. And then of course they camp your personal vehicle after killing you just to be more obnoxious.

It's a lot like the Casual Free Roam in Red Dead Redemption where since you can't shoot other players everyone shoots your horse so you have to sit around and wait till you can spawn another one.