Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How is Prince Blueblood Celestia's Nephew?

DoctorDonut

I know this question has been answered a million times on other places, but I want to know what you guys think. Since we know only know of two royal sisters: Celestia and Luna, is Prince Blueblood Luna's son? Or is there another princess/prince we haven't heard of?

No I don't think it is Luna's kid. Yes Luna is the only sibling that is known of Celestia, however Blueblood was still around while Luna was on the moon. At least that is what I assume since he is full grown at the Grand Galloping Gala. So I think Celestia might have taken of an heir, and simply called him her nephew. 

Because honestly, do you think Luna would have raised such an arrogant, ungrateful, blowhard of a stallion?

It's unclear. Apart from the regal sisters, we know virtually nothing about Equestria's royal family.

Also, according to Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell, Princess Cadence is the adopted niece of Celestia and Luna. How the hell do you adopt somebody as your niece? You can adopt people to be your children, but I don't think you can adopt them into other family roles. The only way this could be feasible would be to force one of your siblings to adopt the child, and then they'd be your adopted niece.

Vital Sparks   Just because IRL you can't adopt somebody as your niece doesn't mean Celestia can't.  Just issue a royal decree saying so.  I guess that Blue Blood is either Cadence's brother or C adopted other ponies as well.  (BB or his mother, perhaps)

As to BB himself.  I vary between "he's a jerk" & "Rarity only liked him because he was a Prince.  She got what all Gold Diggers deserve".  I do stand by "he's a cowardly worm & he'd better watch his step or someone will take a flyswatter & kill him with it"

My headcannon on this is that Cadance is not the first to be adopted into the Royal family. One of BB descendants was adopted as well, and he or she carried on the line. The same thing would occur when Cadance has a foal.

Oh sweetolebob18 - Rarity and BB have since reconciled (at least to a degree). After S&E I stopped hating on him.

Well if Celestia and Luna were turned into royality by Starswirl and 3 leaders of unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies(in the Journal of 2 Sisters) then that mean they had to somehow get adopted by all 3 royal families. I guess Prince Blueblood is a descendant of King Bullion and Princess Platinum family tree. He just title her as her aunt since it is more appropriate and easier than calling her an adoptive daughter/sister of my grand grand grand grand grand grand grand (...) grandfather

Just because

So far, besides two mentions, there was never any clear information as to how and why is he the nephew of Celestia

Personally, I find him as an accomplice of Celestia at best since he was never mentioned afterwards, but I could be wrong

That is a very good question. It seems the only logical explanation would be that he is Luna's son. But if that's the case then who is his father? Big Macintosh? Sure doesn't seem like it lol. Plus he has nothing in common with Princess Celestia...

This is a really hard question to answer, since we don't know much about Blueblood. He could've been an adopted nephew, like Cadence is an adopted neice, or he could be a long, lost sibling from Luna and Celestia's mother's side.

Luna was young. Her inhibitions were kind of unchecked. She got a bit too much cider in her, a commoner was eyeing her flank. She didn't want to at first but she wanted to spite her sister for telling her what she could and couldn't do. There was lots of embarrassment, drama. Luna grew a bit from the whole ordeal but she is now estranged from her son.

I've never thought about it. But he can't be Luna's son. He isn't even similar to her. Moreover, if he were her son, he woludn't be named as Celestia's Nephew but everypony would name as Luna's son.

He's probably the son of one of her great aunts.  There's never been mention of any other siblings for her and Luna, so it'd makes sense for him to be a very distant relative.

• 1 month later...

It's unclear. Apart from the regal sisters, we know virtually nothing about Equestria's royal family.

Also, according to Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell, Princess Cadence is the adopted niece of Celestia and Luna. How the hell do you adopt somebody as your niece? You can adopt people to be your children, but I don't think you can adopt them into other family roles. The only way this could be feasible would be to force one of your siblings to adopt the child, and then they'd be your adopted niece.

i guess this has lead to a million headcanons about cadance's parent's being dead. If they aren't in the show they are dead that's the general consensus of this show :P