Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever drink hot water?

camsterman101

I do not. The closest thing to hot water I drink is tea. 

As I understand it, if you drink cold water, especially at night before bed but in general, your body uses more energy warming the water, thus burning calories and helping you lose small amounts of weight over a considerable amount of time. :D  

Sometimes in the summer when it is near 100 degrees Fahrenheit and I am at camp, my ice water turns into tea. :(   Luckily it is good tea.  It tastes like tap water.  I like the taste of tap water.

You're not supposed to drink hot water from the faucet. Hot water is much better at dissolving contaminants, and many pipes still contain lead in them. Put one and one together, and this means you're drinking lead when you drink hot water. Not only this, but the water heater isn't guaranteed to be clean. In fact, it may actually provide a haven for bacteria to grow, and it could potentially make you sick.

Sources:

http://www.cdc.gov/nceh/lead/tips/water.htm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2094925/

Edited by Regulus

I've only had hot water once, and that was after donating a pint of blood and feeling rather cold and weak. The hot water really made me feel better. The thought of drinking it any other time is pretty bleh, to be honest.

I typically drink my water room temperature rather than cold like most other people. Sensitive teeth.

I don't see why drinking hot water is "gross." Water is water. Its the same water you otherwise would have drank at room temperature or cold. Its the same water you use when you shower, bathe and wash yourself at the sink.

In fact if anything its probably less "gross" since the radiation and heat kills off a lot of the bacteria and microorganisms. 

Normally though, I only drink hot water when its really cold or I'm sick. 

It depends on the situation. When I have a sore throat, or when it's cold and snowy out and I'm going to have to wait at the bus stop or whatever, I'll drink hot water.

I'm not a fan of ice-cold water unless I'm doing doing some heavy exercise. I don't like ice-cold anything, it hurts my teeth.

I much prefer everything at room temperature.

I remember my grandpa used to do that.. I've never done it really. I just can't get used to it being warm. 

I don't tend to drink chilled water either though. I like room temperature, or maybe a teeny tiny bit cooler than that. :P 

I'm not particularly fond of it, but I know it's a meant to be a better way of drinking water thatn cold, due to body temperatures and whatnot. I'd prefer tea, though :3

Also, if I'm sick, I'll have flat 7up/sprite. It cures all illnesses, according to Irish mothers.

Edited by IcyHaze

I thought I was the only one who like hot water! :D

I drink it sometimes. I like the warm feeling down my system, just as I like the cold feeling of drinking cold water. I hate when it's room temperature and it's not noticeable, unless I'm working out, then it's nice to just chug it down.

• Brohoof 1