Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would an Equestria ruled by a human be like?

Lumena Sparkle

So I've just found some epic fanart by an artist by the name of Equestria Prevails:

post-30938-0-77340000-1421009215_thumb.png

And it got me thinking, what would Equestria be like if the ponies were ruled by a Human Queen (by the way, the girl in the picture is G1 character Megan)

Would Equestria be more militaristic?

• Brohoof 1

Well anything that contains HUman would probably mean greed or wish for more. Thats just human nature. The fact is a monarch can only get this "more" by expanding his realm... and therefore i would guess yes... moe millitary would be involved.

That however matters on the personality of the ruler as well. We had quite a few famous female monarchs in our history, Isabel of Spain, Elizabeth the Ist, Maria theresa of the Austria (and the HRE)... they showed us that females can be very similar in ruling a country as any male monarch. Now they could be expansionist, diplomatic, etc...

So we cannot really be certain of anything =/

• Brohoof 1

Depends on the human, I would think. It's a cliche answer, but it's that way for a reason I think.

On the whole, humans seem to value security and dominance more than ponies. While ponies value peace and kinship more than humans. I don't think it'd be more likely, therefore, that Equestria would be more peaceful for the change, especially since Celestia seems to be centered around the idea of preserving peace and happiness. However, I do think a human would be more centered on changing Equestria a good deal. Our values are placed heavily on technology and progress. A human would likely invest in improving said technology, and bringing forth more inventions, luxuries, and resources. They would also likely press for expansion, to provide for their nation by reaching into relatively unclaimed or unused lands for the benefit of the ponies under their charge.

I will not resort to the cliche "humans are horrible/greedy/warlike", but instead, restate that humans are resourceful and focused on security. We were born of conflict, and live to struggle towards a greater state of being. Where ponies may be content, a human would ask what could be made better. Yes, this may result in war, but it would not be out of bloodlust--it would likely be for the benefit and security of the nation.

Edited by SFyr
  • Brohoof 3

It depends on what this humane's political beliefs are, fascist, communist, liberalist, anarchist, monarchist, whatever. But undoubtedly Equestria would be more militaristic, more industry etc. 

Of course Equestria would be more militaristic! What else could be worse than...

*sigh*

If Equestria was ruled by a human version of Celestia, what difference would that make? It certainly wouldn't be any less "peaceful" (pretending it was peaceful to begin with). People seem to forget that like the characters in the show, humans have varying personalities and ideals. There are MLP characters that are greedy and power-hungry, and there are humans that believe in goodwill.

If you're asking "What if a human ruled Equestria?" you might as well be asking "What if some other random citizen from MLP ruled Equestria?" That's a pretty broad question.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 1

Factories, Factories everywhere

Lots and lots of factories everywhere

More factories? What would the point of that be in a world where magic exists? Wouldn't more factories only exist if there was a high demand for them?

More factories? What would the point of that be in a world where magic exists? Wouldn't more factories only exist if there was a high demand for them?

I couldn't think of anything else so I had to

If Equestria was ruled by a human version of Celestia, what difference would that make? It certainly wouldn't be any less "peaceful" (pretending it was peaceful to begin with). People seem to forget that like the characters in the show, humans have varying personalities and ideals. There are MLP characters that are greedy and power-hungry, and there are humans that believe in goodwill.

If you're asking "What if a human ruled Equestria?" you might as well be asking "What if some other random citizen from MLP ruled Equestria?" That's a pretty broad question.

Exactly.  I think that conflict in humanity arises from a desire for power, and dseire not to lose that power, as well as the inability to see past differences (not to mention complex historical and political contexts that MLP never has to deal with).  Humans have fallen into this trap historically, but remember, so have ponies.  King Sombra was a pony and a power mad dictator.  And before the time of Celestia and Luna, the unicorns, pegasi, and earth ponies were somewhat antagonistic and even *racist* towards each other.  It's true that humanity is in general still in the middle of evolving past that point, but we're not talking about humanity in general here.  We're talking about whether or not *a* human can lead Equestria fairly.  

So I've just found some epic fanart by an artist by the name of Equestria Prevails:

attachicon.gifkingdoms_of_fire_by_equestria_prevails-d88zbah.png

And it got me thinking, what would Equestria be like if the ponies were ruled by a Human Queen (by the way, the girl in the picture is G1 character Megan)

Would Equestria be more militaristic?

It would end up like the middle east probably. The alicorns would be taken out and they would fight back and lose and resitances would be built up and it would be a giant war zone as we drill for oil. 

Edited by Ramsey the Goat

No matter what ideology the human stands for, the upper class ponies, Filthy Rich, Flim, Flam and others of their kin would be very, very happy. The poor ponies would draw a blank. Probably the middle class, too. The four princesses would fulfill the role of figureheads with no political power. A strong military wouldn't be bad. If you want peace, prepare for war, as the word is.

Edited by Gary S.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see how humans could take over equestria at all.  If Equestria Girls is anything to go by, if a human tried to go to equestria from our world, they'd end up turning into a pony or some other Equestrian creature.  Therefore the hypothetical humans in question would have to be fromEquus (the planet Equestria is on) origionally (unlikely).  Assuming that's even possible, there have been countless examples in the show that the ponies of Equestria are just as if not more intelegent then people.  That would be a huuuuuuuuuge problem for humans since, in real life, our brains and ability to reason logically are the only things have given us an edge over other animals from an evolutionary standpoint.  Also, while the earth ponies may be questionable (seriously, what the buck are they good for) at least the other two thirds of the ponies would completely overpower any humans that would even try and take over.  The pegasi can fly and manipulate the weather while the unicorns are capable of direct magic (and Celestia knows what that would amount to in a war).  I really don't think it matters what a human would do if they ruled equestria because such a scenario would never happen.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if it were ruled by me it would be mostly the same because I'd let the princesses do their thing.  One difference though: Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are grounded.

haha good idea i would prolly do the same thing :sneer: